As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Nudists Save Tyria

Well, I've sorta come up with a build that I think can handle tanking the east side. Leaving a SF there as well to run the catapult and nuke from above would be a pretty big help, as there are a few problematic enemies that can cause serious issues, namely White Mantle Ritualists (Well of the Profane) and Mursaat Elementalists (Thunderclap). Thunderclap I can work around, but it's safer not having to worry about it.

Earth: 12, E Storage: 11, Air: 4, Healing Prayers: 5
Stone Daggers, Kinetic Armor, Stoneflesh Aura, Aura of Restoration, Ether Renewal, Glyph of Swiftness, Healing Breeze, Holy Veil

With the Glyph, Renewal has a recharge of 23 seconds, meaning it will be down for ~8 seconds, with the 16s duration at 11 e storage and the 1s cast time. I might need monk support during this time to help with Spectral Agony, but that would only be if there's a lot of additional damage coming in. With Stoneflesh and Breeze at the levels they are, I should only take 87 total damage (if my math is right) from a single Spectral Agony (with 1 piece infused), possibly less than that if we're still doing a bonder.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
I live my life by Murphy's Law.

It looks like I can manage thursday or friday evenings starting say 9 EST, and we are more likely to pull in guests at those times, so I suggest we try one of those. (I'm for Thursday meself). Can this thursday work for people? At 8:30 I'd do an infusion run for anyone that needs too.

I was waiting for some overpowered skill to be restored, but it was just one I overlooked, Ether Renewal. Wyrm's already shown he can solo-tank (no monk) the east side of THK, and I'm bringing an ele in place of my monk for healing/prot. Neither of us needs a BiP, so everyone else needs to maximize their damage. SF has been shown to work for mobs (for the burning if nothing else), as would likely a dual-attuned air ele (blind is nice too).

One thing I'm wondering is whether the courtyard is wide enough that two sets of offensive spirits could cover either door. The tanks gather enemies inside the door itself, so that sets an exact point for the spirits (just at longbow range.) The spirt spammer (zed?) can run back and forth using a bow to trigger the spirit attacks and casting painful bond when able. This lets us have offense in two places at once from one character, and we can turn one of our necros into an N/Rt healer instead of medicore blood/curses damage. The downside is the risk of the spirits picking up aggro if the tank position isn't managed carefully. Ideally we'd need the tank to be slightly forward, securely grab aggro, then back up into spirit range.

Our Ranger courin is in a bit of a bind because really, rangers are limited in their damage options. If whatever rit we are running can use splinters/ancestors (the eles have enough healing output), then Volley would work. But the better option may be a beastmaster, offering both an 80-AL infused distraction and good single-target DPS. Depending on positioning, it's possible such a character could operate the catapult while their pet pounds on some enemies.

Wyrm suggested an SF guy man the east catapult and nuke from above to help him clear out enemies, but perhaps a trapper could trap the bridge and Wyrm's super earth daggers can clear out any stragglers. (You actually hit very little with the east catapult, mobs don't hang out in the blast zones too long.)

Thursday, at that time, is probably evil for me, and will be for at least the next month.

Friday might be ok.

Also, I vote for eles as straight-out damage dealers (except that one tank). Necros can't nuke efficiently, and they should do the blinding/healing, IMO. Or just get rid of them tongue
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star." Kong Fuzi
My English has to improve. A lot.

That's ideally what I wanted too. Now lets count the number of people who have eles that far or are even willing to play them. [Image: rolleye.gif]

I guess I could nuke with the ele while necro/rits heal, but I feel almost lost without prot magic on the team. With the Ether Renewal tanks able to keep themselves up, maybe that's less relevant.

Thursday is better, but I can make Friday work.

FoxBat Wrote:Wyrm suggested an SF guy man the east catapult and nuke from above to help him clear out enemies, but perhaps a trapper could trap the bridge and Wyrm's super earth daggers can clear out any stragglers. (You actually hit very little with the east catapult, mobs don't hang out in the blast zones too long.)
I'd rather it was an SF (or some other spell caster) and not a trapper, the reason for this being the enemies that give me the most trouble are both spellcasters and I don't intend to leave my choke point at the doorway. If you want air, then I'd recommend a dual attuned non-line-of-sight caster, i.e. hammer, enervating, etc..

Quote:One thing I'm wondering is whether the courtyard is wide enough that two sets of offensive spirits could cover either door.
I'm pretty sure it is. Spirits have to be 2 aggro bubbles (or thereabouts) away from each other in order to not cancel each other out. If you set them up under the doorways or just inside, it shouldn't be a problem. Could only really expect Bloodsong and Pain to last long enough for that to be effective, as most others have recharges that are either longer or just about the same as their durations.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
I live my life by Murphy's Law.

Gaze of Fury works OK, but I keep forgetting no vamprism. tongue

Weekdays are going to be hit and miss for me for the next couple of months. Friday, Saturday or Sundays would work for me.

KoP

I can do this Thursday, but will be out of town Friday and Saturday [and I know that our campground does not have internet access frown ]. Not sure if we'll be in town next weekend or not.

Sorry...Lakers v. Celtics...no way I'm missing that game. nod
If you believe everything you read, better not read.

The majority have spoken, so I think we are going for Friday this week. More time to work on me ele anyway. tongue