As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

FTL - Faster Than Light

Jkaen Wrote:Ok, lets do this the other way.

Can somebody who has not unlocked the zoltan ship try this save?

Works for me. smile I haven't unlocked the Zoltan cruiser, but I can still load the savegame and play with it. After dying, the Zoltan cruiser is still locked in my new game options, so it seems that it doesn't mess with the profile.

So then, who is interested in a SG?

I am thinking 4 players, 1 zone per turn, so each player gets 2 zones

We can vote on the ship once we have the names in

This game is probably better suited for a demo game. One turn player, everyone else votes.
In Soviet Russia, Civilization Micros You!

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

Fair enough, but I dont feel brave or comitted enough to run a demo game, so will pass the buck onto somebody else.

Double post

I'd try a SG.

Another possibility is a group of players start out with same save, then report status after each sector. Then we pick best save to continue. Should be same nodes generated for all, interesting to see what each player makes of it.

Ok, that sounds like a good idea, anybody else up for the 'best ball' approach?

I would join some sort of bestball game, but that boss is still kicking my butt. Had a really good run yesterday (6 energy in weapons: halberd beam, ion blaster mk2, optional pegasus missile; attack drone mk2, shield/engine lvl 3, 6 crew members, energy maxed, etc). smile

Yet still the boss took me down to 30% in phase 1 and the next repair station was nowhere near, so I died AGAIN in phase 2. Honestly, I know a roguelike is somewhat supposed to be like that, but I am playing on EASY on purpose rant

It seems I need to resort to the "get a crew teleporter and kill all enemy crew members except one guy in phase 1, so many stations won't be manned in phases 2+3..."banghead

I've messed around with save games, one thing that you'll have to make sure to do is to pass the saves at the beginning of nodes, if you save at the end, then every person will have different versions of the next node.

I've found a couple ways that can get me fairly reliably to the end boss- 2x anti ship drones with some other weapon keeping the shields down demolish ships very fast, and 2x ion weapons with an anti-ship drone is extremely safe.

If you're going for max scrap you definitely want to get a boarding team and kill the enemy with out actually killing the ship. You have much better chance at getting weapons and you get more scrap and fuel then you do if you just destroy the ship. I did that and stacked the +15% extra scrap augments and had 800 scrap saved up when I got to the last zone.

Gustaran Wrote:I would join some sort of bestball game, but that boss is still kicking my butt. Had a really good run yesterday (6 energy in weapons: halberd beam, ion blaster mk2, optional pegasus missile; attack drone mk2, shield/engine lvl 3, 6 crew members, energy maxed, etc). smile
One thing I'd suggest is not spreading out your energy over so many different things. Especially for the 2nd version of the last boss I've really found I have to have stealth or really good shields and engine. (just remember you don't always have to have them at full power). level 2 drones especially are a lot of energy.
Quote:Yet still the boss took me down to 30% in phase 1 and the next repair station was nowhere near, so I died AGAIN in phase 2. Honestly, I know a roguelike is somewhat supposed to be like that, but I am playing on EASY on purpose rant
Yeah, that's probably my must irritating frustration. That last level can really screw you over, especially if you forget to stock up on missiles or drones like I have. duh
Quote:It seems I need to resort to the "get a crew teleporter and kill all enemy crew members except one guy in phase 1, so many stations won't be manned in phases 2+3..."banghead
Firebombs and anti-bio beams also work. smile Just make sure to leave at least one person alive (imo the guy on the left middle weapon).

Do you guys use 2x Mantis or mantis + Rock dude for boarding crews? I've been going Mantis + Rock, waiting till the mantis is decently low health, and then kiting people all over with the mantis as the rock guy tanks. You can actually get quite a few free hits off that way.