As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

RBP8 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Sure, I can move a scout, I can even do it twice!

(November 1st, 2012, 10:29)Commodore Wrote:
(November 1st, 2012, 06:17)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: Played turn again. I'm going to be out of town this weekend starting tomorrow morning, I will be back home on Sunday. I may not have access to a Civ PC while I'm out. Can we leave the timer at 36 hours through Sunday? Hopefully I won't need to use it. That, or if I can get a volunteer to move a scout for me and press enter that would be better. Any takers?

Given your natural charisma and impressive sexual charms, I'd think you'd have no trouble getting a lurker to swing it. I'm fine if they're spoiled, given just one early turn, and it helps move along these early "hit enter" minutes. whip

I'll volunteer if no one else does wink
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

Thanks Yuris, I'll post the login password in my thread.

Bigger...nono nice try though. If Lewger wants to see my unmentionables you'll have to come by for a visit later. MUCH later. Don't forget your army or an OB treaty, you'll likely need one or the other.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

slow, you still having connection problems? You/Cat are the last to play this turn.

(November 1st, 2012, 15:00)BRickAstley Wrote: slow, you still having connection problems? You/Cat are the last to play this turn.

Yeah I'm still having problems. I can connect to the civilisation select screen but as soon as the loading bar to the main game completes it crashes. I get an error message but it only appears for a second and I can't seem to get a print screen.
I believe the message says something along the lines of 'The savefile has been closed in order to protect the assets of your MOD file from being changed'. This suggests a problem with the mod, but I downloaded the version from scooters link and their is no folder for 2.01 in my MODS folder only 2.02.
It's also not a problem with firewall, the same thing occured when my firewall was completely turned off.

I'm pretty stumped and am probably going to have to leave Catwalk in charge at this rate.

Hum, I recall I had a problem like that as well. My Civilization game has two Mods folders, one for BtS and one for vanilla, did you load it into the BtS? Also need make sure its in the actual game's location, not the MyGames location that it tends to shuffle things to.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Is there only one 2.02 folder? Sometimes there's an issue where you would have an RBMOD2.02 folder inside of anotyher one, which will cause issues.

In regards to pathing, mine is located at C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods for a steam installation. which should be C:\Program Files\FiraxisGames\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods or something very similar for regular non-steam installs.

Slowcheetah, can you post a screenshot of your exact file path to where you have the mod? Your error sounds exactly like a mod installation problem that I've run into before.

(November 1st, 2012, 15:25)BRickAstley Wrote: Is there only one 2.02 folder? Sometimes there's an issue where you would have an RBMOD2.02 folder inside of anotyher one, which will cause issues.

In regards to pathing, mine is located at C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods for a steam installation. which should be C:\Program Files\FiraxisGames\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods or something very similar for regular non-steam installs.

Switched it into this folder, which worked. So cheers guys smile. The save will be played in a few minutes. What on earth is the point of that 'My Games' folder then?

(November 1st, 2012, 15:36)slowcheetah Wrote: What on earth is the point of that 'My Games' folder then?

[Image: Ackbar.jpg]
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.