As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

New FFH/EITB PBEM?

Lairs on but huts off is fine with me. However, by the logic used above, we should compensate anybody who picks a barbarian leader because that is a HUGE nerf to the barbarian trait and the Clan/Doviello worldspells as well.

(I don't agree with the need to compensate any civs due to the game settings decisions.)
Active in:
FFH-20: Jonas Endain of the Clan of Embers
EITB Pitboss 1: Clan/Elohim/Calabim with Mardoc and Thoth

(January 3rd, 2013, 00:31)Ellimist Wrote: (I don't agree with the need to compensate any civs due to the game settings decisions.)

Large maps and other settings may make some civs feel a bit .....unworthy.

So fast motorcycles and loud cars might make them feel more adequate.

Compensation in some cases may be appropriate.
fnord

(January 2nd, 2013, 20:43)Yell0w Wrote: Hugely dependent on the map. 4-5 mana nodes are needed, if you have diplo 3-4 should be enough. If there are enough mana nodes I think it is - by a margin - the easiest victory condition.

4-5 Mana Nodes plus a Mage with Metamagic. And if you only have one mage and only 4-5 mana nodes you will have to move him through your whole territory. That takes several turns. And you have do to that for at least 2 of the 4 towers. Even with good planning that takes a really long time. Or you have to get several more mages, which takes its time as well. You have to build the towers when you finally have the mana, that also isn't happening in a heartbeat. Especially if you only have a few nodes and can't build them in several cities at the same time. Of course you can get SoK, like I did in FFH 12. But that also takes its time. And then you again need NAPs, otherwise you need to get some defensive troops as well, which does cost you several more turns. Suddenly, we do not talk T140 but rather T180+ till the Tower is finished. On Quick Speed.

Doesn't seem that easy for me, as long as you don't let your opponents build it completely unchecked. If the sacrifice as much as I did in FFH12, they are easy prey. wink

Again, just my 2c. Don't want to step on any toes, but as I did the fastest ToM-victory at RB in a MP-game I feel the need to intervene in this discussion.

Its not being purported that Tom is a quick win button - merely that it is it is much easier then its equivalent vc
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

The only victory condition you're going to see in a game which bans ToM is concession.
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

So...?
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

I realize this is heresy and all - but suppose we play at Normal speed? That might give me the longer game I'm looking for, without having to ban anything.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

I actually think EitB is OK for Normal, apart from the slow start. DO you have any accelerators (shades/workers/techs) in play this time?

(January 3rd, 2013, 16:12)Qgqqqqq Wrote: DO you have any accelerators (shades/workers/techs) in play this time?

Not yet determined. Still need Selrahc's votes, and discussion on any topics that are controversial or left out.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(January 3rd, 2013, 14:05)Qgqqqqq Wrote: So...?

Just making a statement. I couldn't actually possibly care less.
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?