As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

(July 12th, 2020, 10:40)Blake00 Wrote: Great work mate.. have posted links to your video and this thread in the MoM Discord and Facebook groups. I assume you've probably already posted to the steam and gog forums for CoM players there to get even more testers.

Not yet, the game is missing a bit too much at the moment to show it to a wider audience.

Once I played a buggy version of Master of Magic for the first time on a friends computer, while everybody else went to the party that evening … 
COM II Alpha is just as exciting ! 

Some feedback:
- >Easy/Normal & 7-13 opponents & Myrran< hangs/ is unable to create a map.
- The flag colours Malachite and Ocean are easily confused.
- It is possible to select any spell for research in the Apprentice-spellbook … Spell of Mastery = 22000 turns for example … This might be enabled for game testing.
- Small Earth Lore works unexpectedly fine. There is no frame anymore to target, but that doesn´t matter. If converting Gold to Mana enables instant casting by clicking on “Spells” it gets tricky though. The spellbook gets in the way and is not possible to remove, since clicking with the mouse activates the casting and Esc cancels the spell.
- Chancellor reports “>Playername< casts Just Cause!” instead of mentioning the right wizard. 
- Some “Range check errors” and a freezing after casting confusion on a Fire Elemental Raider happened. 
The picture shows a crash in a first game after clean install:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I would like to test.

Updated :

Quote:2020-07-12
-Fixed two sources of crash in combat vs neutrals
-Fixed bug : certain invalid input characters were accepted in input text boxes
-Input text boxes now recognize the numpad keys as the 0-9 characters.
-Fixed crash when the AI tries to cast Life drain or Syphon Life.
-Fixed crash when neutrals raise a unit as undead.
-Added combat shadows
-Removed forest transparency effect on units, as it made the issue worse instead of helping
-Reduced the amount of trees on forest tiles in combat by 1/3.
-Combat movement cursor now shows the total move cost of the destination
-Predefined items should now load the corrent item image instead of using a random one.
-Added the missing check for Spell of Mastery in the AI surrender condition
-Added game specific options screen. Enabling options will raise or lower score accordingly after scoring gets implemented.
-Automatic Combat, Revolting Raiders and Monsters Gone Wild are now game options instead of settings.
-Added game option : World Equalizer. Both planes have the same amount of players but final score is redued.
-Added game option : Race to the Unknown. All wizards start on the same plane. Towers have halved monster budgets. Plane Shift appears for research as if it was an Uncommon spell and has halved casting cost. AI will prioritize breaking towers and researhcing Plane Shift higher than usual.
-Implemented missing feature : AI will not open towers unless a tower is already opened or it's beyond turn 200.
-The above restriction does not apply if World Equalizer of Race to the Unknown are enabled.
-Added game option : Against the Worlds. All AI wizards are allied and at war with you. Diplomacy is disabled.
-Added game option : Easy Lairs. Lair monster and treasure budgets are halved and monsters with a cost of 300 or higher are never placed. Available high quality treasure is reduced.
-Debug mode onmivision now also scouts lairs.
-Added game option : Dumb Neutrals. Neutrals are never allowed to use stalling strategies. If "Automatic Combat" is enabled then neutral units lose flying and invisibility for battle result calculations.
-Added game option : Targeting Aid. The game doesn't allow the human player to use single target spells during combat on units that are immune to that spell's effects.
-Fixed bug : When placing a doublepick treasure, the target having a spell is checked instead of the target having picks.
-Fixed bug : Map generation freezes due to only finding valid locations for spells and books that already contain them and not recognized that as having no valid locations which requires discarding leftover treasure.
-Fixed bug : It was possible to change research to a spell not on the front pages.
-Fixed bug : Earth Lore scouts 9x9 map area instead of the intended 5x5.
-Fixed bug : If a spell is ready to be cast when opening the overland spellbook, the book isn't closed before targeting.
-Fixed bug : Global enchantment caster's name is wrong in the monthly report.

(saves are not compatible due to the addition of new options)

I'm happy to help test

(July 12th, 2020, 19:36)roarmalf Wrote: I'm happy to help test

You have private messages disabled so I can't send the link until you change that.

Updated

On the Magic screen it is possible to get negative SP & Skill/Turn by locking a not empty Research-bar and pushing Mana all the way up. Negative “Research” and “Mana” can be done the similar way. Some turns later the game crashes.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Are you programming to use the keyboard (Numpad to move units) in the game? I miss this feature.

Some minor things I noticed:
-         Controlled confused units can attack only one time. 
-         When a flying unit is stacked with a walker, it doesn't fly over hills and mountains.
-         After adding sth in first position in a building queue that was busy for a while already, 0 or negative turns for completion is displayed. No crash happens.
-         Sorting in the City-Screen is not possible.
-         When targeting with a direct damage spell, the stats of the targeted unit are not displayed.
-         It is not possible to select a target for Chaos channels. A red cross is shown.
-         An outpost that got “completely destroyed” by monsters, was not destroyed.
-         Unit enchantments cannot be removed.  Mana upkeep is not displayed in the unit stats yet, but counted on the magic screen.
-         It is not possible to click away the Info screen with the mouse by clicking outside of it or Esc.
-         FPS between turns is down to 0-2 later in the game, not quite like in a first person shooter.

Yeay for Halfling bowmen as early City defenders !

... Suddenly a City screen from another wizard popped up and it was possible to change things, a sprite was teleported to the North pole and 3 normal units got displayed as Chimeras in the Army screen ... everything switched back to normal, except the lonesome Sprite ...