As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[NO 73 PLAYERS] Lurkers Monitoring Variance

Oh, I hadn't realized what Scooter pointed out - he's got ivory for BTS un-nerfed elephants, which counter cataphracts well enough. And he can surely make it to Construction by the time Yuris gets HBR and IW.

Also funny that Yuris said he won't warrior-stomp Scooter, but Scooter said he would have totally wiped Yuris with a holkan if he'd taken the Maya.

I’m interested to see what the players think when they start to figure out that the distribution is 2-2-1. And when they figures out who is with who.
Why did they choose Big and Small instead of something that puts them all on the same landmass, again? Separation by water makes the military techs very strange, I think.
Participated in: Pitboss 40 (lurked by Mr. Cairo), Pitboss 45 (lurked by Charriu and chumchu), Pitboss 63 (replaced Mr. Cairo), Pitboss 66Pitboss 69, Pitboss 74
Participating in: Pitboss 78 (lurked by GT), Pitboss 79 (lurking giraflorens)

Criticism welcome!

Yuris has badly misinterpreted his reading of Scooter's power graph. He thinks Scooter built an axe, but Scooter just discovered BW and doesn't even have copper yet. I think the power gain was just BW itself?

The power gain was likely a 2k tech, growing and warrior on the same turn.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

CAIRO KILL THE BEAST BEFORE IT GROWS ITS FANGS Ohdear

Interesting about the hesistancy of players to go for the jugular with chokes... seems like it would be more logical in a setup like this.
"I know that Kilpatrick is a hell of a damned fool, but I want just that sort of man to command my cavalry on this expedition."
- William Tecumseh Sherman

(July 17th, 2023, 13:02)GeneralKilCavalry Wrote: Interesting about the hesistancy of players to go for the jugular with chokes... seems like it would be more logical in a setup like this.

Logical only if you expect that the players here primarily want to win. 

You sign up for this one, you want to try to reach your fun stuff first, and only then concern yourself with winning.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

But Cairo has his fun stuff already. And he'll be out of fun soon enough if luddite gets that first AT out, or will he not?
Edit: actually still against one AT a choke with a couple musketeers could work I guess?

The AT can only defend one city, so your fast moving musketeers can more or less pillage with impunity and threaten other cities. Might want to add in a few expendable chariots to pillage key roads where you're left exposed.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

I mean I'll trust Htiru is right, but I would just go take another capital asap and figure the safety and surety of doing so is better.

Scooters opening with bureaucracy is disgusting. He will probably be able to easily defend with churning out spears even if he doesn't have time to get to elephants.