As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[PB78] Dreylin boldly goes

Turn 7

Short update: Scout reveals some lush land in southeast of capital:
[Image: mjjfFti.jpeg]

[Image: 92RJOTp.jpeg]
Keep working lake tile for the commerce (I keep checking if switching to ivory tile would not slow down polytheism).

Turn 9

Scout exploration in the south-east:
[Image: VOsu1Ed.jpeg]
One turn remaining for polytheism. Capital switched to the ivory tile (without delaying tech completion) while still producing the worker. Current plan is:
  • Hunting after polytheism
  • Start quechua after the worker
  • Work ivory tile until worker is finished, then switch back to forest lake while waiting for corn farm
  • Worker places 1 turn on grassland farm and cancels action. Moves to corn and farms it.
  • Scout continues following the road south, and turns west to circle back towards the unfogged area south of capital.

Sounds great. Phone/internet in Yellowstone is patchy to say the least; won’t have reliable connection until Tuesday.

Land is fascinating, I’m looking forward to seeing it properly once I’m back home next week.

(June 16th, 2024, 15:48)Dreylin Wrote: Sounds great. Phone/internet in Yellowstone is patchy to say the least; won’t have reliable connection until Tuesday.

Land is fascinating, I’m looking forward to seeing it properly once I’m back home next week.

The land in Yellowstone is also fascinating.

Turn 11
Scout movement in south-east revealed team superdeath/Naufragar:
[Image: NMEcTAM.jpeg]

[Image: CeB7YpS.jpeg]
Polyheism completed and Hinduism was founded in capital. Being SPI, I converted immediately. Researching hunting now, worker almost done. Dreylin, do I continue to explore south of capital with scout, or do you want to check more around superdeath? I’ll continue with original scouting plan if you don’t have the internet access to give an answer.

Did they see us / did we see their unit?

Fast 3rd ring pop + first unit should be able to fill in the gaps, so I think the Scout can go deep.

Do you think we could get away with a second Scout after the Worker, or should we start Quechua spamming?

(June 17th, 2024, 15:07)Dreylin Wrote: Did they see us / did we see their unit?

No, I moved scout in way that it ended turn away from their border. And I didn’t see any units. 

Turn 12-13
Well, on next turn (T12) I saw worker improving pig pasture:
[Image: kstQCQj.jpeg]
Again, I moved scout so that it would not be spotted (at least I think so). Note that superdeath borders are against coast, so I can’t pass through without declaring war. I decided to go back towards west with the scout:
[Image: 8NAhTQh.jpeg]
At home, worker invested 1 turn on river grassland farm and then started to farm the corn. I started a quechua instead of another scout, as I’m unsure how risky it would be to leave capital undefended with all these pre-placed roads making movement quite easy.
[Image: LiYcL6D.jpeg]

Good call on the Quechua, and agree with not declaring on Superdeath right now.

Yellowstone gave us half an inch of snow as a farewell gift. Packing up the tent was fun.

A note and a question:

Actually, question for lurkers first: Superdeath pinged me on discord and asked if I would (should?) tell him how we had made contact. I told him I thought that hiding that info was valid, but again noted I may not be up with the current meta here and would ask lurkers … so I am.

Note that I am back in more reliable internet access (South Dakota), but still won’t be able to play until probably next Wednesday.

(June 19th, 2024, 06:42)Dreylin Wrote: Actually, question for lurkers first: Superdeath pinged me on discord and asked if I would (should?) tell him how we had made contact. I told him I thought that hiding that info was valid, but again noted I may not be up with the current meta here and would ask lurkers … so I am.

If you hid contact with double-moving, you should tell him. But I think you managed to make contact without him seeing your unit? If so I'd tell him just that.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data