As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Nudist Progression

Lurker Wyrm Wrote:Energizing Wind lowers the cost of those 15-25 ene skills down to 10.

Indeed, our nudists are fully capable of using those 15-25e skills, should they want to.

Elementalists primaries do have that wonderful energy storage ability, and those wonderful energy cost reducing glyphs, but Ranger primaries have that wonderful expertise attribute available to them that flat out reduces almost all skills that aren't spells, so 25e is quite readily available to 2 classes already.

I've just discovered Monk Primaries have a Divine favor associated spell that reduces monk spell costs by 5e, even though monks don't have skills costing more than 10e.

The more I look at Fox's, Zed's and Wyrm's reasonings, the more jealous I am. They've said more for pro-shields and did better at it with fewer words. Collectively, they've established Shields are not unbalanced, and allowing shields doesn't open up a slippery slope for casters. In balance, among other skills, shield +armor is completely overshadowed by the Me Physical/Elemental resistence stances, which give a whopping +40 armor. For our rangers and casters, foci are not necessary to use 25e skills, as we have ranger spirits and elemental attributes and glyph skills to enable us to use them.

AAMOF, maybe Energizing Wind should become a staple skill for Ember Buffy regardless of whether we are bringing high cost spells. Slowing down the recharge on player skills is not a big deal & can be worked around, especially since we are low on energy to begin with. Slowing down the recharge on monster skills, OTOH, means less damage incoming. And energizing wind is available for capture in Kryta. I'd also need Serpents Quickness to reduce the recharge time on it (and perhaps counterbalance its effect on recharge time for other skills.)

Drasca Wrote:I've just discovered Monk Primaries have a Divine favor associated spell that reduces monk spell costs by 5e, even though monks don't have skills costing more than 10e.
The enchantment is Divine Spirit, and the big kicker about it is that it'll lower those 5 ene spells down to 1, making them *really* spammable. Add in Blessed Aura (which lengthens monk enchantment durations) and you'll be able to have it up 14 seconds (11 w/o Blessed). That's one spell that would benefit greatly from Elementalist secondary and the use of Glyph of Renewal.

Zed-F Wrote:Slowing down the recharge on monster skills, OTOH, means less damage incoming.
Not to mention monsters seem to have infinite energy anyways.

Energizing Wind is a BM skill, so if you're going to be going the pet route, that's something to consider. I would tell you to pack Oath Shot as well, but since you're E primary that wouldn't be so great an idea...
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
I live my life by Murphy's Law.

So, I make it five vote "Yea" on shields (myself, FoxBat, Zed, Drasca,and Wyrm), and none against. Can we agree that starter shields are okay, and move on?

What's the plan for tonight? Try for the Frost Gate bonus? Or move on to the next mission? huh

Cheers,
Hawkmoon

I'd guess it depends on how many we have. I'd rather leave skipped bonuses for nights when we don't have the full (or almost the full) complement of players.

I am not going to argue the finer points, so shields are in. Lets hope the 2 shield skills will be put to good use instead of just satisfying some instant gratification.

Candy Cane/Gingerbread weapons, foci, shields are out, so please un-equip

Btw, I have just brought over a starter shield, hammer and a horn bow from pre school, so remind me and grab it smile

KoP

I'm sorry I missed last night, but it was a very long day for me. I didn't get home until 9:45 and by that time all I had the energy for was eating dinner and watching the Olympics. On the plus side, when I was catching Angela up on skill quests I did the Beacon's ones, so I don't need those. I'm fairly sure I could make my way to Gates of Kryta if need be.

Btw, if you don't meet the requirement of a non-rare shield, you will only get starter shield armor from it (3). The same thing goes for weapons you don't have the requirements for, so I don't think we really need to restrict to the specificly ugly starter equip. I've got a white Magmas Shield (strength requirement) which I'll never meet the requirements for and also looks a fair bit better than the starter carapace shields.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar

Seems like I won't be able to make tommorow (March 7th), on account of actually enjoying my spring break. This probably means Drasca will have to play a real monk build or something. wink Some of us already have ToA, Bettletun, and Undead Hordes quests, so I doubt I'll even have anything to catch up on. Best of luck to the team! [Image: thumbsup.gif]

I've been wondering lately if it might be possible to make non-mission quests optional for the Tuesday meetings? The Factions release is getting closer all the time and while not everyone will be getting it, those of us who are are probably going to be wanting to explore that. If we could concentrate on missions during the scheduled time and let everyone do quests and whatnot on their own (which some people are doing already) that could really save us a lot of time. Aside from Hawk (and Zedf to an extent) everyone is on pretty regularly and we've already had a few ad-hoc nudist gatherings, so it's not something that could never happen. As for Hawk, all she needs to do is give a time that works and I'm fairly certain (not 100%, but hey, close enough) at least 2-3 other people will be able to be there.

Anyways, just a suggestion.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar

Assuming there is time for a full mission, I'd agree that these should get priority over skill quests. You can squeak by with fewer members in explorable areas because you can visit the res shrine as often as you like. I also think too much emphasis is placed on bonuses, we don't need to go back and re-do a mission just to pick that up, and maybe be willing to run/fight more nudists that fall behind in the missions with non-nudists so tuesday is spent pioneering new ground.

On the other hand, personally I would not have a problem still wandering through Tyria on tuesdays even if factions is out. No elite mission will beat the challenge of fighting without any armor; and besides, at an optimistic one mission per week, there's no way we will get to hell's precipice by april anyway.