As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

1.51 release candidate!

Quote:Do you know the assembly code from $ED297 to the end of the procedure? Can you post it?

Download IDA, open the wizards.exe file and look at it yourself. Much easier! (The free version is good enough but you can also find the paid version - I don't think there is a software you can't find on the internet nowadays.)

Quote:What is the correct procedure to undo a patch?

You use REVERSE original reversed where "original" is the original patch file and reversed is a new patch file you want to be created. then you apply that reversed patch file as usual. All reverse does is swap the source and destination data lines. If I remember wrong, the source code is included, so you can read it and figure it out.

(July 1st, 2018, 15:15)Seravy Wrote:
Quote:Do you know the assembly code from $ED297 to the end of the procedure? Can you post it?

Download IDA, open the wizards.exe file and look at it yourself. Much easier! (The free version is good enough but you can also find the paid version - I don't think there is a software you can't find on the internet nowadays.)

Got it!  nod

Quote:
Quote:What is the correct procedure to undo a patch?

You use REVERSE original reversed where "original" is the original patch file and reversed is a new patch file you want to be created. then you apply that reversed patch file as usual. All reverse does is swap the source and destination data lines. If I remember wrong, the source code is included, so you can read it and figure it out.

I used
FILESET WIZARDS.EXE W034FEAT.TXT
to add the Fortress defense.

I supposed I could use
REVERSE WIZARDS.EXE W034FEAT.TXT
to undo the patch.

Instead the file Wizards.exe do not change and the file W034FEAT.TXT gets overwritten by the first 255 bytes of Wizards.exe plus 6 bytes (0D, 0A, 0D, 0A, 0D, 0A).

I could not find the source of REVERSE.EXE (or FILESET.EXE) in the RC7 archive.  shakehead
Only the people crazy enough to think they can change the world of Arcanus and Myrror can do it. rolleye

Oh, the sources are in the tools.zip included in the caster download.

Hi, Im new to masters of Magic, havent played it yet but i love idea of it and i love 4x games and figure id give it a shot after i found it at my MTG Local Game Store and i know enough about old Dos games since i used to play in the 90s and how to use DosBox to get this running on a modern windows 10 machine, but im a little confused about this patch.

and ive just installed the 1.31 Patch, but im a little confused about this 1.51 patch. you say to download the main patch and then the MoM151RC##, ive downloaded and extracted both of these, but which one do i do first, whats the order of operations here with this?

I understand that this uses Fileset program to alter the exe files, but do i do the For 151 stuff first or the MoM151RC7 files first?

Also this DOESNT change anything so that the manual or pages in the manual become obsolete or parts of the manual dont cover stuff in the patch such as the 1.4 insecticide stuff? (the version i got that came with the manuals is the 1.2 version)

also whats the incompatable folder for? and what are the optional patches?

Not sure what you call "main patch". You need 1.31, then the MOM151RC#.
You need to unzip then overwrite and you are done. You don't need to use fileset.

It doesn't change most of the gameplay but it does change diplomacy (since the original was completely broken due to bugs, to the extent that even the official game information was wrong and they didn't notice).

The optional folder are patches that aren't included by default. If you want those, then you need to use fileset.
The incompatible folder are patches that do not work in this version of the game. You can't use them. They are mostly included for people who know assembly and can make their own compatible patch based on it.
The Included folder contains the patches that are already applied to the exe files in the zip. If you don't want the whole package, you can then use these and apply them one at a time to your 1.31 files, but it's not very recommended. (there are way too many of them by now)

By main patch i meant the for151.zip

That seems to be some old leftover file, probably before this thread was made.

Alright, so in that rc7 version of the patch, everything IS already applied to the exe files, and only the optional stuff isnt applied?

Yes.

Btw when it loads from a solid state drive, is it supposed to be slow?