As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] scooter peruses RB's Greatest Hits

Its probably not my business, but, scooter, if you completely lost interest to this game, why not just ask for sub?

(December 12th, 2016, 10:37)OT4E Wrote: Its probably not my business, but, scooter, if you completely lost interest to this game, why not just ask for sub?

Sub request threads generally go unanswered, and it's not much effort for me to keep turns rolling. The game is essentially a duel at this point anyway. I'm just going to stay out of the way and keep from holding up the turn.

i'm really sad this game ended the way it did. I would have loved the chance to war with mack. My cities were hurting quite a bit. Really depends on what he did with RMOGs island city, IE allow it to live and cause WW for me or take it.

Start - as you said monk trio is supurb. No DR teching issues with starting with it. 72h temps with +100% and 54h mons. About 70 base hammers for 4h 4b 4g AND 10% sci (you never clocked that was helping) also 40% borders easily everywhere. Also I tested pre game that although SM obs mons, they still keep the culture and AP hammer bonus, whilst loosing the +10% sci and 2g 2b. So not too bad. It was crushingly powerful.

The taj wasn't a serious push till halfway through - I think if no GA we would have expanded a little faster and got the SM instead. Probably would not have been hugely worse off.

Mistakes - I actually wanted to war mack and if I had been sensible enough to end my worker action then I could have razed the one mack city and looked to keep that alhazard city on the coast for myself. As that wasn't the case I got locked down in a treaty which didn't concern me too much as I had RMOG to eat.

This then went farcical with my luck. I didn't sim and didn't think much of the attack sizing up the forces thinking I CANT LOOSE. He got the 2ggs, so that is how much xp he gained... I just didn't get the hits to lower the health next round. As I posted elsewhere, after this I simmed up and never lost more than 10 cavs taking the city. I got like no withdraws and no hits. It was brutal.

I think I pulled it back. I wanted to continue the RMOG push but I was going to declare on mack but you had peaced on him beforehand. I had a galleon of rifles to play with and some cannon/cavs. Would have 100% pushed harder there with a dual war. Although you would have struggled to make gains it seems.

I think it would have been close personally. I was gonna hit Mining inc in 2-3 turns GE dependent, and either hit mack now with tech/number supremacy or be allowed breathing space to get the netherlands online. I think we were ahead (still in beakers etc) but it would have been close.

(August 8th, 2016, 18:56)Sullla Wrote: Byzantium: I honestly don't know why Byzantium is enabled for this game. On the old MP ladder, Byzantium was a universal ban in Renny games. If Speaker ever has a chance to drop back onto these forums, he can post some stories about the absolute destruction that cataphracts dished out in unregulated Renny games.

6 months later....yeah, Byzantium is stupid in Renny games.  Russia too. And now to start reading 70 pages of Sullla pitboss goodness.

"There is no wealth like knowledge. No poverty like ignorance."