As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Turn timer stops counting down when players log in. That only takes a couple minutes per player but it adds up.
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?

The game is auto-paused every time someone logs in, and possibly timing errors are inherent in the pitboss client itself.

How much time has been left on the clock each day? It doesn't seem like we're having people delay to the last minute so a longer timer isn't a big deal for now. I'm one of the people who plays around the same time every day, so one every 24 hours or so. Having a bit of slack time in the timer is good for me so I don't have to stress about making it in at the last second in case my play window happens to fall near the end of the clock.

As long as we don't have players abusing a longer timer I think it's OK, as it should prevent pauses. If we're all playing a turn a day on the whole things will keep rolling smoothly.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(March 26th, 2014, 18:14)Ruff_Hi Wrote: BTW - I am out from Thur morning until late Fri night (UTC-5). mh can fill in early Thu but then he is out until Mon. As such, I could easily need some lurker assistance in playing the Thu and / or Fri turns.

Also a reminder that I may need a lurker to play a few of my turns from April 5th through April 12. This weekend I will attempt installing the game on my external USB HD to have the plug into my work laptop to see if I can run the game from there. I seem to recall I might have done that once. But there's a good chance I might not be able to play the turns at all for that week while I'm on vacation.

FWIW, I've always been able to run Civ 4 just by copying the directory around. It doesn't actually need any installation at all. My current Civ setup has been manually copied across two computers and three Windows reinstallations.

This is the original version plus BTS each from CDs, not Steam or any of the compilation releases.

really? I'll have to try that...
Completed:  PBEM 34g (W), 36 , 35 , 5o, 34s, 5p, 42, 48 and PB 9, 18, 27, 57

Current:  PB 52.  Boudicca of Maya

(March 26th, 2014, 18:14)Ruff_Hi Wrote: BTW - I am out from Thur morning until late Fri night (UTC-5). mh can fill in early Thu but then he is out until Mon. As such, I could easily need some lurker assistance in playing the Thu and / or Fri turns.

Looks like T10 is set to finish some time Sat morning. I will be home late Fri night and able to play then. No need for lurker support (this turn).

Cheers,

Ruff
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

Just as a note - the tracking page seems to be incorrectly attributing daylight savings time to UTC +8 (Perth). It's 10am now but the tracker shows it as 11.
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?

US Pacific is also an hour off
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Daylight savings time should be correct now, and the fixes in post 683 have been deployed as well.
I have to run.