As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

Update :

Quote:2020-12-03
-Fixed bug : The AI still does not consider nodes with no units on them as targets to occupy.
-Fixed bug : Issuing a Road Building order sets non-engineer units to building status as well.
-Fixed bug : When the AI is deciding if they need a unit, they include the continent on the other plane when counting enemy cities sharing a continent with them.
-Some adjustments to AI mandatory ship yard building condition.
-Changed strongest rampaging monster formula :
60+(Turn*1.25-33)*Difficulty/2 => 60+(Turn*1.25-33)*Difficulty/2.5
-Changed rampaging monster stack budget formula :
(Difficulty+1)*(Difficulty+Turn-24)+16 => (Difficulty+1)*(Difficulty*0.9+Turn-24)+20
-Call the Wild now generates monsters at a 1/30 chance on each node on each turn instead of 1/20
-Call the Wild now generates monster stacks with 2/3 of the strongers monster and total monster budget compared to normal rampaging monsters of the same turn count and difficulty.
-Debug mode can be toggled on/off by SHIFT-CTRL-S on the wizards screen.
(For now, Debug mode stays on by default, but it'll obviously be off after release)
-Units enchanted by Invisibility on the overland map show the Sorcery aura.
-Available gold is now shown when the Merchant window is displayed, same for hero and mercenary windows.
-Item display UI can now display items with 5 powers properly
-In automatic combat, if the defender is in a city, the following effects are granted :
City Walls : +1 Army Defense (equal to each unit having +1 Armor)
Wall of Fire : +630 Army Attack (equal to 12 figures at +1 To Hit and 6 Swords)
Wall of Shadows : Half the army HP counts as invisible (immune to ranged damage that does not ignore illusions)
-New feature : Right clicking a building queue element will
automatically buy the queue item as soon as its turn comes up in the queue.
-Added logging of AI overland unit buff targets on spell resolution.
-The AI will not cast Raise Volcano on corrupted tiles
-Fixed bug : The AI doesn't check for available space around city when deciding to build a unit unless the city is below 4 garrison units.
-The AI will check for manadatory shipyard building even if it only has one settler built.
-Position of Node Auras will be precalculated and stored instead of calculating it on the fly.
-Some other minor code optimizations
-Linking Tower cost has been reduced to 400, maintenance to 5.

With this update, the list of things left to do during alpha is now empty. I will play another 1-2 test game, then we can proceed to beta.

03Dec2020 build bug. Poor mineral game setup (help says no ada or mith on arcanus) made a map with mithril on arcanus, and a shocking lot of minerals overall.

I can give you a save file, but it's trivially easy to check. This particular game was 13p minimal size poor minerals, but everyone had gold or silver or iron, etc.

Confirmed, poor and normal minerals are in the wrong order in the array. Select Poor for Normal and vica versa until the next update.

My next test game will be

Maximal land, 13 opponents
4 Chaos, 4 Sorcery, Runemaster, Sage master, Omniscient
Race probably halflings

Strategy : Spell of Mastery as soon as possible. Opportunistic conquest of weaker enemies while focusing on economy and garrisoning. Clearing out lairs and nodes when possible.

Game options : Order Please enabled. (long term strategies are not very playable when Chaotic wars are a thing.)

I'm not recording it.

Happy I'm still finding bugs to squash.

Looking forward to seeing how that test game of yours goes. Does the cost for spell of mastery scale up with world size? I know cost scales down with previously researched & traded spells. I'm going to guess no, in which case tons of Halfling cities sounds like a powerful approach for Spell of Mastery. The computer onslaught should be epic if they can get to you in time.

On my 03Dec build game I'm currently Nomads with Channeller, Conjurer, Astrologer and Chaos books with a self imposed "use only summoned creatures". It's not bad at all so far, except casting skill limited obviously. I think my first Very Rare summons will be essentially victory, but it's still an enjoyable romp.

Already started, so far only seen one other wizard and huge amounts of space for cities. Found a neutral orc and high men city, and there are two more neutrals to conquer later packed full of shaman. Just finished my first stack of slingers with flame blade and got a few lairs out of it.
Next focus will be pushing more settlers and putting 1-2 slingers in each city.

The other wizard is Oberic, I got a wizard's pact so no need to cast Aura of Majesty yet, and also traded for two commons. He has all Chaos books, only 1 Nature, so good trading expected.

My Orc city is very far, I'll need some useful summons to fortify it. 2 Nagas and wall of fire should work for a while but it's right next to the two big neutrals.

I'll try to have 50-50% halfling and high men cities, as the latter builds up economy way faster. There is also some mithril, let's hope I get there with a settler before anyone takes the spot.

What a pity to run out of time again …

Still some notes from the current Alpha-soon-Beta verson [>Shift P< used]:

- A Unit with the “Wind Walking ability cannot receive Wind Walking as an enchantment. This would improve movement.

- The symbols for Inspirations, Prosperity & Consecration in the bottom left corner of the City screen override each other.

- It is not save to use the green “Flee” button. 1 Death Knights was lost after fleeing from 1 Unicorns.

- The info text for native Invisibility is missing.

- Dismissed heroes do not come back with more experience, but rejected heroes do. Has it always been like this? It is possible to summon Torin – reject him and summon him again one level better. 

- When scrolling City enchantments on the City screen (more than 6!), the active area of the arrows and the area to open the cancel-popup overlap. City enchantments could be in the colour of their realm instead of the flag colour.  

- The Resurrection spell is still unfinished or buggy. A resurrected hero gets a minus ep as shown in the image below. When all heroes are dead or dismissed, Tumu is the one and only who can be resurrected after an error-screen interruption. After Tumu No.7, the Army screen stopped working. But who needs a working Army screen when in return he can bring all of the heroes in play?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi there. Thanks for your hard work on CoM2 (and CoM1) . I would gladly want to test your version if possible. Good luck with bug correction!

Quote:- It is not save to use the green “Flee” button. 1 Death Knights was lost after fleeing from 1 Unicorns.

Is there a save file for this?

Updated :
Quote:2020-12-04
-Fixed bug : Poor Minerals gave the myrran AI more adamantium while Rich gave less.
-Fixed bug : Poor and Normal minerals were in the wrong order so the effects have been swapped.
-Fixed bug : Omniscient affects fortress power
-Fixed bug : Overland road sections sometimes don't meet at the center of the tile.
-Gold cost on hero and mercenary hire window is now centered
-Sky Fires now throws the fire bolts randomly between turns 1 and 7 instead of 3 and 7.
-It is now allowed to cast Wind Walking on units that have the ability (it raises movement speed)
-Fixed bug : Some Life city enchantments had their X position unset on the city view
-Fixed bug : Invisibility help entry doesn't work
-Fixed bug : Dismissing a hero stores it as dead not as alive.
-Fixed bug : Heroes summoned by magic also gained a level when refused.
-Fixed bug : Stream of Life, Altar of Peace, Altar of Battle don't play a sound effect.
-Fixed bug : City enchantment scoll arrow and enchantment cancel clickareas overlap on all 3 windows displaying them
-Fixed bug : Resurrection sets experience to negative value
-Fixed bug : The confirmation window when casting Resurrection for zero dead heroes doesn't show up.
-Gold will not be show when the hero offer is a summoned hero.
-Fixed bug : Heroes have a food upkeep cost.