As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

anyone who wants to try and C&D this game is insane.
Completed:  PBEM 34g (W), 36 , 35 , 5o, 34s, 5p, 42, 48 and PB 9, 18, 27, 57

Current:  PB 52.  Boudicca of Maya

(March 30th, 2014, 21:59)AutomatedTeller Wrote: anyone who wants to try and C&D this game is insane.

That's not going to stop at least someone from trying, I'm sure.

Completed: PB 28, PBEM 55, PB 18, PBEM 60, some other stuff, PB 2

I'm almost certain that level of spreadsheet wizardry has not yet been achieved by humanity. Then again, if it had been [post edited by the NSA the information you are looking for is classified does not exist.]

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(March 30th, 2014, 13:57)WilliamLP Wrote: Feature creep request: Sort the player list by descending score. I want to glance and see who is most skilled at popping huts.
This is easy to implement.

(March 30th, 2014, 17:03)Ruff_Hi Wrote: While we are talking about scope creep ... can we get the log to include the team / player number. Commodore appears twice in the log and it is unclear what is going on.
Also easy to implement.

(March 30th, 2014, 17:56)NobleHelium Wrote:
(March 30th, 2014, 13:53)Fintourist Wrote: Random idea: Now that we have our own "civstats"... Would it be possible that in addition to "new turn mail" it would also send a "PYFT" message to everyone, who has not played when there is 5/3/1 hour left in the timer? tongue

This is a lot harder than a new turn mail, because the timer dropping below 5 hours is not an in-game event. You would have to tie it to a real event like someone ending turn, but then you'd either send out an email every time someone ends turn and there is < x hours on the clock, or you'd have to introduce state to keep track of whether you've already sent the relevant email for the current turn.
Actually, the emailer is a scheduled task that runs every fifth minute and checks the event log to see if the turn has rolled. It could be extended to check the time.txt file as well to see if the turn timer is running dangerously low. We'd have to keep track of each player's email address as well. So this feature request is a bit of work, but there's nothing difficult about it.

(March 30th, 2014, 18:22)Hashoosh Wrote: Is there a way to make it send an email when number of players ended turn > pre-set level of players having ended turn occurs, like when the 30th person ends turn and there's only 3/4 people left to play?
That could easily be added to the change described above.

That all said, unless there's a larger popular demand I'm not prioritizing these changes.
I have to run.

(March 31st, 2014, 06:39)novice Wrote:
(March 30th, 2014, 13:57)WilliamLP Wrote: Feature creep request: Sort the player list by descending score. I want to glance and see who is most skilled at popping huts.
This is easy to implement.

Personally, I like my civ at the top of the score list. Fools me into thinking that I am doing well.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

Our fearless host is about to miss a turn - pause or let it roll?

I paused for now..
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Unpaused and played. Very sorry about the holdup, guys.
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

You held the game for NINE MINUTES!!! that's coming right out of your hosting fee, we're not paying for those nine minutes. That's casus belli for a pyft war if I ever saw one. wink

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Totally agree with xenu! You would have even played on time, which means that my pausing was completely unnecessary and I just wasted my precious time!!!
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3