As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: What should we do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Defend against paratrooper invasion because we're too stalwart to die!
48.15%
13 48.15%
Die a horrible, senseless death, then hear Krill gloat about it!
51.85%
14 51.85%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pitboss 18 Lurker Thread of Infinite Wisdom

Certainly.

And btw BGN comments last night about hoping that OH razed the legendries' is what makes me think he still wants to/thinks he can win.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

That or he wants OH to win over TBS.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Sure. But he still isn't conceding, no matter the reasons.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

(May 13th, 2015, 15:14)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Sure. But he still isn't conceding, no matter the reasons.
Which I guess is his prerogative? Although if he defacto concedes but doesn't tell anyone about it he's kind of just holding the remaining players hostage.

Thus me kind of poking him to at least explain his reasons.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

...or, you know, maybe convince him to actually try to win. Huh.

(May 13th, 2015, 16:41)Commodore Wrote: ...or, you know, maybe convince him to actually try to win. Huh.

Yeah keeping a bunch of people playing for a few more months just so he can wipe out Krill isn't cool.
"We are open to all opinions as long as they are the same as ours."

I did not see that coming. First BGN resolves to contest, next Krill is offering peace???

Though, whilst it's better this way, the purist in me still doesn't approve of you persuading BGN to actually go for victory. It's a mite too far for a lurker, no matter the result, IMO.

Anyway, winner of this round is Commodore. Who saw that coming?

(May 13th, 2015, 18:25)Dantski Wrote: Yeah keeping a bunch of people playing for a few more months just so he can wipe out Krill isn't cool.

I might agree with you, except for PBEM4. lol

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

I would normally call Commodore's comments a slight overstep but given the particulars of the game I think its fair that BGN realizes if he's not trying to win he's wasting a lot of peoples time. At the end, no matter how much hand-wringing we do around here about stuff that's the most important thing.

And for what its worth, I'd absolutely just use the aluminum in his shoes. wink
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

(May 13th, 2015, 18:32)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Though, whilst it's better this way, the purist in me still doesn't approve of you persuading BGN to actually go for victory. It's a mite too far for a lurker, no matter the result, IMO.

Anyway, winner of this round is Commodore. Who saw that coming?
Remember that pitboss I won? PB8? Where I perfectly judged the morale of Pindicooter in their island retreat and broke their spirits then conquered them and snowballed to victory?

Oops, no, that didn't happen, they were cheered forward by encouraging lurkers. shhh

Seriously, though, just didn't want to have the irrelevants be held hostage for months.