As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

First time the Sky Fires spell made a big difference in battle - it killed the 1x Air Elemental in the Sky Drake node that I wasn't able to attack otherwise.
I have contact with 3 wizards, Chaos/Sorcery Ss'ra, Chaos Oberic, and Chaos/Death Tauron. I have an alliance with the first two and a pact with the third.
I see one more wizard on the map but we haven't made contact yet. Soon I'm going to need to do some scouting, as I'm running out of explored territory to colonize and lairs to hunt with slingers on it.    

It's 1507, and I already have most commons and uncommons researched, now working on Chimeras which will let me conquer the fire giant lairs, then I'll proceed to rares, probably doom mastery first, then reinforce magic. Magic Vortex might be a good option too, as I already have flight. Fire Storm is also available but I'm skipping it because I'm not planning military conflict.

@Slingers That screenshot of the map covered in heroes made me laugh. Talk about a dramatic demonstration!

@Seravy Huge bug fix list for this round!

So... you're completely surrounded by death and chaos wizards. That should be interesting when you start to cast the Spell of Mastery. I'm curious how many turns your initial research time will be for the Spell of Mastery, and also your casting time (at whatever SP you have then).

Toggling Shift O on and then off removes world sight (but still explored), but the other wizards are not contacted even though I assume they get world sight too? It's listed as "diplomatic contact" in the start page menu (Shift O), but as far as I can tell it does not do this. Am I missing something about all that?

(December 5th, 2020, 07:16)Intaka Wrote: Toggling Shift O on and then off removes world sight (but still explored), but the other wizards are not contacted even though I assume they get world sight too? It's listed as "diplomatic contact" in the start page menu (Shift O), but as far as I can tell it does not do this. Am I missing something about all that?

Diplomatic contact is shift-D. Yes, O and D look similar, I know.

1st. Feedback. I feel like I've seen this before and maybe it was just unfixable, but on the Wizards screen (03 Dec 2020 build) if you have more than 5 globals active, you can only see the "up" and "down" arrows if you mouseover the correct spot. The arrows are hidden unless you know to look for them. Perhaps make the arrows permanently visible once there is a 6th global?

2nd. Bug. Two different wizards offered me wizard pacts, which I refused initially. Then they "sweetened the deal" with an offer of a spell. So I took their lousy pacts and I got my spell... but they did NOT get their wizard pact. No parchment icon and no wizard pact that they bribed me to get.

That's a "D" huh? Well, makes sense at least. Will be irrelevant in the final release, but has vexed me that it "didn't work". The best kind of problem! Easily solved. Maybe make it Shift (a different letter) if that's easily done.

Also... did you reduce the opacity of the grid lines? They look less glaring in this build.

Quote:Also... did you reduce the opacity of the grid lines? They look less glaring in this build.

No, didn't change a thing.

Quote:1st. Feedback. I feel like I've seen this before and maybe it was just unfixable, but on the Wizards screen (03 Dec 2020 build) if you have more than 5 globals active, you can only see the "up" and "down" arrows if you mouseover the correct spot. The arrows are hidden unless you know to look for them. Perhaps make the arrows permanently visible once there is a 6th global?

The arrows are there but it's hard to see because they are only 2 pixels wide. Maybe I could change their color?

Quote:2nd. Bug. Two different wizards offered me wizard pacts, which I refused initially. Then they "sweetened the deal" with an offer of a spell. So I took their lousy pacts and I got my spell... but they did NOT get their wizard pact. No parchment icon and no wizard pact that they bribed me to get.

Will be fixed in the next update.

Followup: Wizard globals arrows are just not visible (background slate color) at all unless I put my mouse over them, then they light up a nice visible yellow.

Bug? I'm not sure how the spell Roots of Genesis really works, since the description is kinda vague, but on a minimal 13 opponent map, when I cast it, it gave me 144 Power when I first cast it. This number has never changed 100 turns later. Maybe it has a cap, maybe there's something else going on, I dunno. At 30mana/ turn upkeep, 144 income is fine... just seems odd no forests are being made ever.

Disregard my last. I'm not sure what changed. Reload? Explored other plane? Mana income from terrain has gone up to 173. There was no explored enemy terrain when I cast it (hadn't broken planes), but there was SO much bad terrain in my own empire I thought it would turn to forests such as swamps and desert. I have many questions about this spell. Is it a chance per turn multiplied by map size? 10% x mapsize kind of thing? Roots of Genesis spell definitely doesn't change / update mana income or the map very often.

Edit: In retrospect, the thing that changed was me casting change terrain to give all cities a forest. Bug is already fixed though.

Unhandled Exception. Draconian Halberdiers (Chaos Channelled) were Warped Creatured by my computer opponent. I cast a 100% chance Dispel Magic (20 extra mana spent). Hard lock resulted. 03Dec2020 build.

Just attack Taurons Wizard Tower. He should (hopefully) Warp Creature you. Then dispel magic.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7u30ardy6xqdfs9/8.sav?dl=0

I could've won this game AGES ago, but the point was to check out Spell of Mastery bugs. Haven't QUITE gotten Spell of Mastery researched yet.

This is also the Roots of Genesis game.

The arrows :

Quite hard to notice. I'll try dark blue.

Edit : Confirmed, Roots of Genesis doesn't make forest tiles. Will be fixed in the next upload.