As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Do we need to extend the turn timer by nine minutes?

Stuck at "Finishing" when connecting to the game. What's odd is that I connected to a peer, even though Pitboss Portal doesn't show anybody as logged in.

Will try again later, from home.
I have to run.

I'm getting stuck on "Finishing" as well, so I will try again later.

Completed: PB 28, PBEM 55, PB 18, PBEM 60, some other stuff, PB 2

My laptop seems to be dying. Commodore's covered us for now, but I don't think I'll have civ running on another computer until Friday. If a lurker can cover Spain again, that'd be swell. Brick's also out of pocket at the moment, it'll be a bit of a race to see which of us can get set up first, but we may need a pause while we get that sorted out.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Lol! You guys are hilarious! :D

I didn't have any problems with connection, but I am connecting from the LAN. Is anyone else having problems?
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

I thought the stuck at Finishing was because someone else is connecting and you're having the usual 'wait for the other guy to pause' routine, except this time with a black screen. When I get that I have just waited 5 min and tried again and had no problem
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(April 2nd, 2014, 07:26)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: You held the game for NINE MINUTES!!! that's coming right out of your hosting fee, we're not paying for those nine minutes. That's casus belli for a pyft war if I ever saw one. wink

Totally agree re WAR! All we have to do is fine where he is hiding on this map.

(April 2nd, 2014, 07:48)WilliamLP Wrote: Do we need to extend the turn timer by nine minutes?

Um ... don't you mean shorten?
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

Game is not getting through Finishing screen.

Caledorn reloaded - Problem fixed.

I had that problem earlier, too. I had to leave for work, so couldn't try again.
Completed:  PBEM 34g (W), 36 , 35 , 5o, 34s, 5p, 42, 48 and PB 9, 18, 27, 57

Current:  PB 52.  Boudicca of Maya