As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

Today's update :

Quote:2020-12-08
-Fixed bug : Crash when Night stalkers find no reachable target for melee
-Fixed bug : Night Stalkers use "Stalk" strategy even when they are not hiding from enemies.
-Invisible units you can see (including your own) now show the same marker as units inside forest tiles.
-Wind Walking ability icon will not be displayed on units that have a Wind Walking enchantment cast on them
-Changed Grid color to grey.
-Fixed bug : You can request a "Declare War on" or "Break Alliance with" during war.

@slingers some shade of gray might be the ticket for best of both worlds grids overland and in combat. The combat grid looks VERY different with trees on or off though, and the eventual solution should work for both scenarios.

Personally, the combat trees are so visually impairing I always turn them off, but I can see why someone might like more trees in their life.

Edit: the gray works well on both planes of the world map. suggest we try the gray in the combat map grid.

Seravy Wrote:Seravy
(December 8th, 2020, 16:02)Xanatar Wrote: Hello,
Another probable little bug : seems like elven longbowmen can disregard guardian wind (missile immunity) and fire when they are injured (while in full health they didn't even try).

Could use a bit more information here.
-Did they do damage against Guardian Wind or is the problem the action selected by the unit?
-Are we talking about you or the AI?
-If you, were you holding SHIFT to force melee?
-If the AI, did they have any other possible targets to shoot at? If not, what would you expect them to do instead, since shooting or not shooting has the same outcome of dealing no damage anyway?

1) Regarding the previous post : Yes i am talking about the AI and it is true there was no valid target to shoot. I would have excepted the longbowmen to stall time or try a sucide melee attack on me rather than that. But in fact i wouldn't change the outcome of the battle it is true.

2) Another remark: , i crashed with an unhandled exception again (build from 04/12/2020) while recruting mercenary (Dragon Turles) :
[Image: bug2png.png]
The logs and last save are joined to the post

3) A raise dead problem : While trying to raise from the dead a berserker who was killed by "Life Syphon" i was stuck (can't cancel the spell or choose to raise something):

[Image: bug3.png]

4) An "unhandled" error during a level up
[Image: bug4.png]
Just after casting "Endurance" on one of my heroes it gained a level and it crashed during the jingle... I upload log and save in "HERO_ERROR.zip" in attachement

Attached Files
.zip   CoMAlpha1.zip (Size: 600.7 KB / Downloads: 1)
.zip   HERO_ERROR.zip (Size: 519.19 KB / Downloads: 1)

@Xanatar Wow. You are lucky to find so many bugs!

Might I suggest installing the version from 8 Dec 2020 for your next game? There have been hundreds of bugs fixed since April's version.

Edit: I don't think you're seeing the right date on your version, looking at the screenshots. The feature "see your current gold" during buy offers was only added in December. The file creation date of Caster.exe should tell you the date of the build you are using.

I find myself installing a new version almost every game. Thankfully it is such a tiny game. Your download link should give you the most recent version.

@slingers there is that gray-white combat terrain. What are your thoughts about combat grid colors?

(December 9th, 2020, 10:07)Intaka Wrote: Might I suggest installing the version from 8 Dec 2020 for your next game? There have been hundreds of bugs fixed since April's version.

I think you're reading the date wrong. 04/12/2020 means December 4th, not April 12th in this case.

Indeed I am French so I write date in DD/MM/YYYY by habit smile I am using the fourth December version.

By the way the end of research animation is very Slow (everything else is fine). Is it the same for everyone?

Metric is better. Demonstratably so.
dd/mm/yyyy is more sensible. Clearly so.

I am handicapped by the conventions of my own societal norms, which even though I try to be aware of them, color my perceptions undetectably.

Apologies to all sensible countries of the world.
My intentions were pure.

The research completion animation is very slow, and the only animation which acts that for me as well.

Back to something more on topic, what do you think of the gray/grey overland grid color (as compared to the red)?

yyyy/mm/dd is the only one that makes sense. Highest unit first, lowest last, like numbers in general.
Are you 1m 75cm tall or 75cm 1m? Do you pay 3 cents 2 dollars, or 2 dollars 3 cents?

though the real solution to the date problem is to use letters for the month, and 4 digits for the year. In all other cases you specify the unit - cents, dollars, centimeters, but in the date you skip that - no one says 2015 year 7 month 15th day, it's too long. So instead you have to use that to imply which is which.
2008 Dec. 07 or 07 dec 2008 works, it can't be mistaken for anything else.
08-12-07 or 12-07-08 doesn't work.