As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

Could the effect of "-save" on a weapon be made clearer in game? If there is a way to know it by a right click help, I don't know what it is. Maybe make the attribute say "-4 spell save against cast spells"? There's probably some more graceful way to clarify, or some right click I missed.

10Dec2020 build Bug: received the retort of Astrologer from conquering a node. I already had Astrologer.

Additional bug. More reloads to test revealed that it was possible to get Myrran as a retort from a node as well.

Additional additional bug. Acquiring Sage Master retort did  not change spell research costs (before acquiring compared to 1 end turn after acquiring).

Alchemy did work properly though.

Did Sage Mastery change the research costs of spells you were not researching?
It can't change the cost of your current research because it's "locked it" the time you start researching, similarly to how casting overland spells work.

I looked at a spell I was not researching. Resurrection. 1600 cost before. 1600 cost after. I was currently researching stream of life, which I didn't examine closely. I have the save if you need it.

I could give you before and after saves. One with Sage Mastery, one before attacking the node.

I looked it up and Sage Mastery doesn't reduce research costs, it adds +25% RP produced, like in CoM 1. So the research cost shouldn't change.

Sage Mastery is working then. I emptied the Magic distribution on both saves. One is 81 RP, the other is 115 RP (80 + 25%, then add 15 + 25% = 96 + 19 = 115).

Still is odd to get Myrran as a retort reward, or be rewarded a retort you already have though.

Seems like just one bug instead of many now which is good for fixing purposes.

Updated :

Quote:2020-12-12
-Fixed bug : Invisibility enchantment help text doesn't show up
-Fixed bug : Spell Binding menu shows spells the player already knows.
-Fixed bug : Spell Binding is not cancelled with a red message when there are no valid targets.
-Fixed bug : AI equips all three items into the first equipment slot, overwriting and losing items.
-Added logging of AI equipping heroes.
-Fixed bug : Visibility check on AI Crack's Call casting is wrong.
-Fixed bug : Banishing a wizard removes all of their treaties as if they were defeated
-Fixed bug : When a banished wizard loses the city that used to be their fortress again after retaking it, banishment animation plays again.
-Fixed bug : Disillusionise targeting is not possible
-Fixed bug : Disillusionise has no effect
-Fixed bug : Text for displaying MP/GP uses different color shadow for 4 and 5 digit numbers
-Fixed bug : Income displayed doesn't include Time Stop's effects.
-Fixed bug : AI units with a move order from a previous turn can move during Time Stop
-Fixed bug : Wizards with a peace treaty don't show up on the "declare war on" list even though there is a specific refusal message for that case.
-Fixed bug : Summoning spells sometimes doesn't add the unit to the stack selection list if it's already selected.
-Fixed bug : AI Disjunction priority uses spell ID instead of priority value
-Added logging of AI's preferred targets for Disjunction
-Fixed bug : Flying Fortress plays no sound effect
-Fixed bug : Number of raised Zombies is displayed wrong
-Fixed bug : Range check error when the AI attempts to cast Disjunction
-Fixed bug : AI sends ships to pick up units on the wrong plane, causing range check error.
-Fixed bug : Time Stop maintenance counter is never reset
-Adjusted Spell of Mastery casting cost formula
-Fixed bug : Spell of Mastery doesn't trigger the diplomacy reactions it should
-Fixed bug : AI shows the Spell of Mastery war declaration even if already a war.
-Added missing feature : During Spell of Mastery Jihad status, strong enough intercontinental stacks should all head towards the enemy fortress
-Fixed bug : Spell of Mastery fails to trigger Jihad Hostility.
-Adjusted font color for Emerald player
-Fixed bug : City houses are drawn under the flying fortress animations instead of above
-The AI will always prefer to target the enemy fortress during Jihad with Call The Void, Fire Storm and Blizzard.
-The AI will not do Spell of Mastery desperation attacks with fewer than 5 units in a stack
-Fixed bug : The Nevermind button scrolls to the next page when there are exactly 4 wizards on the Declare War/Break Alliance request list
-"Continents" now defaults to the "Mixed" option instead of "Average"
-Fixed bug : Spider Web spell can still be countered by some effects
-Fleeing a battle will cancel any orders on the unit (patrol, going, etc)
-Fixed bug : Overland BGM doesn't restart playing while the AI is processing the turn.
-Fixed some report messages being too long
-Fixed bug : Sesmic Mastery earthquake trigger is delayed during the AI's turn, interrupting another spell being cast.
-Fixed bug : Call the Void damages regenerating units
-Fixed bug : AI doesn't recognize Spell of Mastery as mandatory Spell Blast target
-The AI will never offer a Peace Treaty during Jihad hostility
-Fixed bug : Call the Void can reduce city population below 1000
-Fixed bug : Spell of Mastery plays sound 113 instead of music 113
-Research complete animation is now faster
-Elimination AI feature now requires the target to be below 75% of the averege army and total historian strength instead of below 50%.
-Fixed bug : AI counted cities on the other plane into own/enemy cities for buying decision and production analysis.
-Added logging of AI buying priority modifiers
-Adjusted "at least 2x enemy cities on continent" AI buy priority modifier.
-Fixed bug : AI tries to pull defenders onto nodes they melded but are occupied by someone else's units.
-Raised the maximal unit slots to 39999 from 9999. (largest map games on high difficulty might need it.)
(Note : This changes the save format!)
-Changed most unit data variables back to "integer" from "smallint" and "shortint". This uses more space but it seems the processing is faster using these variables so this should improve AI turn times.
(Note : This requires refreshing the unit database by deleting the Units.Dat file!)
-Range penalty now scales by plane size
-Added new advisor : Geomancer (F11).
Shows the range penalty of each map tile as a number.
Forces showing node auras even if showing neutral node auras is disabled.
Shows the owner of volcanoes by displaying a wizard's pact icon in the color of the owner.
-Fixed bug : already owned retort can be found in treasure
-Fixed bug : Myrran can be found in treasure

I will play one more, much smaller scale game, then we can proceed to beta.

Huzzah! Definitely a new download restart bugfix list.

@Seravy How mallable is the city summary screen? F10. Would it be possible to make the "Race" column use just the two letter abbrev that is used elsewhere and be smaller, giving more space for the more relevant long city names?

Also, is there an in game way to know what -save on items does? You did explain it to me most excellently. I get it, but I'm always trying to look at the game from the perspecive of someone picking up it up to play for the first time. How do they know? Thoughts on "-4 Spell Cast Save" vs "-4 Save"?

I realize both of these are small things, but like the grid improvement, they make the game feel better.

City screen : It's an image so it need to be edited manually to move the columns. Not really worth it.
Spell Save : It is either displayed when right clicking the ability on the Enchant Item spell screen, or will be. Haven't had a chance to look yet, this will be done during beta.