As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

League of Legends General Discussion Thread

Anyone mind if I joined the fun? I'm at Level 7, and occasionally (but not very often) get more kills than deaths. Username is 'Terror Incognita'.

This does seem rather interesting. If you feel that you're winning too easily and need a complete noob to drag you down, my username is aLurker.

Edit: Hold on, that's the european server. How do I make it go to the american one?

Edit2: Ah, I see. But the NA client download seems to be broken right now.

Sulla, perhaps when you edit your original post to include the latest names you could also put which server that person is playing on?

Obviously, I am on the North American server (where I think most of us are). Lurker and v8mark seem to be on the European server.

I watched the North American championship last night as well. CLG's comeback in the second match was extremely well done - they lost their middle lane inhibitor on three separate occasions - and their textbook slow destruction of Epik's base was nothing less than brilliant. Really worth watching the second game if you have the time to spare, and are interested in League of Legends.

On a somewhat lower skill level, here's one of our games from yesterday:

Part One: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K_mEX3nl3I
Part Two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5nJjnPBtFI

Do people still want me to post links to these here, or just mention it on my own website? I don't want to do needless spamming here, with what feels like self-promotion.

Edited the first post to include v8mark and Lurker.
Follow Sullla: Website | YouTube | Livestream | Twitter | Discord

I don't know about others, but I like it.

I downloaded this tonight and played 3-4 private matches against the AI. I am lukewarm on it right now. I was never a huge RTS guy.

I love Civ, so an inclination might be to say that I find it to be too fast paced, but I spend most of my gaming time in Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer on my Xbox (easily over 1000+ hours between MW1 and MW2), so I am used to hectic.

I don't know. I don't hate it. But I just got a new PC, and can finally play PC games released after Civ IV, which taxed my old desktop to the limit. Given that I missed out on games like Company of Heroes and Crysis, not to mention the incoming release of Halo: Reach and Civilization V, I am just not sure I will put in the time to get good enough at LoL to make it worthwhile.

As is, right now I am barely going positive against the Easy A.I.

Downloaded and played it as well. Name is Serdoa and I am on the NA-server.

@goldergosum

Did you play 5v5 map or 3v3? I first did 3 times 5v5 map but it is rather uninteresting with the AI as the map is simply to big as that you could make up for the faults of the AI. I had hoped that I could show the AI with pings which target we go next but that doesn't work it seems.

Therefore I had changed to 3v3 maps which are much easier to control yourself against the AI. Doesn't get you as much XP and IP but in my opinion its better for the learning experience.

Another thing is that in those AI-matches, you better take a high damage hero as it is nearly useless to be a supporter. I played Zilean once and tried to save one AI with the E-skill. Well, it came back from the dead only to stand around and wait to be killed again...

The AI doesn't react to you at all. They are basically just target dummies for you to kill and practice item builds. I'd recommend you just jump in and play some normal games to get the hang of it.

"There is no wealth like knowledge. No poverty like ignorance."

Roland Wrote:Sulla, perhaps when you edit your original post to include the latest names you could also put which server that person is playing on?

Obviously, I am on the North American server (where I think most of us are). Lurker and v8mark seem to be on the European server.

Actually I'm on both servers now that I figured out how to go american. Same username.

After posting last night, I read up on a proper build for Kayle and ran the 5 v 5 again with the AI. I managed to go 13/3/4, so that was a big improvement. In between games of Halo tomorrow, I may try to squeeze in another few rounds of LoL. Too many games, so little time.

So much of LoL is hit and run, and that may not fit my play style. It is one of the reasons why I preferred COD to Halo. If I have the tactical advantage and pull the trigger first, I want the kill, instead of my opponent getting an opportunity to run away and hide behind their energy shield. I am not sure I could deal with the number of times a human controlled player would escape with 5% health left in LoL.