As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

I would love to get in on the alpha testing phase, please smile

I was under the impression that I exchanged a spell with another wizard that I had already exchanged. I'll check again.

Meanwhile I checked, the enchant item screen already has help text for "Spell Save".

@Seravy I guess what I was hoping to accomplish was an icon on the hero who had a -save item equipped which had help text, similar to every other ability provided by an item. However, you're right. It is in the game somewhere. I'll let the matter rest with your good judgement. I understand it's not a big picture quibble.

Question: AI attacked my city with a full stack, but lost the fight (They didn't take into account a combat cast wall of flame or they would've won, ha!). They did not declare war first, nor were we at war after the fight. In fact, since he lost most of his army strength, on the followup end turn he offered a wizard pact. Is all of this as expected? I was indeed surprised at his surpise attack, which was wonderful though.

12Dec2020 version. Repeatable fatal exception bug in this savegame.

Use F1 then left click. Sometimes I didn't even need to click, just hitting F1 crashed the game. Another differently setup game didn't have the ability to repeat this issue, but this savegame reliably crashes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ax9dw1vbde66dre/8.sav?dl=0

update: I avoided surveying and played a few more turns, and the crash isn't popping up again so far. This playthrough may yet be workable.

update to update: Nope. The fatal exception is back. Game is toast.

(December 15th, 2020, 08:25)Intaka Wrote: Question: AI attacked my city with a full stack, but lost the fight (They didn't take into account a combat cast wall of flame or they would've won, ha!). They did not declare war first, nor were we at war after the fight. In fact, since he lost most of his army strength, on the followup end turn he offered a wizard pact. Is all of this as expected? I was indeed surprised at his surpise attack, which was wonderful though.

Yes, that's normal.

(December 15th, 2020, 09:46)Seravy Wrote:
(December 15th, 2020, 08:25)Intaka Wrote: Question: AI attacked my city with a full stack, but lost the fight (They didn't take into account a combat cast wall of flame or they would've won, ha!). They did not declare war first, nor were we at war after the fight. In fact, since he lost most of his army strength, on the followup end turn he offered a wizard pact. Is all of this as expected? I was indeed surprised at his surpise attack, which was wonderful though.

Yes, that's normal.

Well, it was a great turn because of it. Hell Hounds and Naga are both alpha strikers. I let him into the city on purpose to make sure I was the striker, and it worked, even though we both fully lost our armies.

(December 15th, 2020, 09:44)Intaka Wrote: 12Dec2020 version. Repeatable fatal exception bug in this savegame.

Use F1 then left click. Sometimes I didn't even need to click, just hitting F1 crashed the game. Another differently setup game didn't have the ability to repeat this issue, but this savegame reliably crashes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ax9dw1vbde66dre/8.sav?dl=0

update: I avoided surveying and played a few more turns, and the crash isn't popping up again so far. This playthrough may yet be workable.

update to update: Nope. The fatal exception is back. Game is toast.

Tried but couldn't make it crash. Where exactly am I supposed to left click?

I wish I knew exactly why it is sometimes crashing and sometimes not. I was right clicking my way to the right of my main cities to scout a spot for a settler delivery to Freyas recent razed open spot. (The 03 continent). I then moved my cursor around in F1, left clicked on a shoreline and lockup. However, this is just one specific example. A few reloads I was able to lock up just hitting F1 at all. Perhaps it is from cursor movement while hitting F1?

Vague bugs are the worst I know. It wasn't a one off crash though. Multiple (ten?) reloads recrashed. Then I played without surveying. Tested again, no crash. Not long after, crash from surveying again.