As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[PB75 Spoiler] Ginger and Civac's Outside Context Problem

(April 15th, 2024, 01:53)Tarkeel Wrote: Ouch. Chopping lumbermills *hurt*.

Looks like you have pretty good map coverage though!

Yeah we have some small surplus of worker labor so its not the end of the world, but we lose 1 yield per tile, assuming Guilds workshops (which we don't have yet lol)

I swapped maps with Naufragar. Nauf is doing very well for himself with Feud, Machinery, and a bunch of Cats and Xbows massing on his border with GT. Let's see if we can't snake music out from under him while he techs Guilds  mischief
Peace is non-negotiable

It's 0.5 foodhammers per tile with Guilds because we need farms to balance the food malus on the workshops. Then with Railroad it goes up to 1.5 foodhammers per tile alright , with Biology down to 1 foodhammer per tile and with State Property we are all square. coffee

Now, I believe Ginger also considered commerce in his calculation. Of course that's ridiculous.

(April 15th, 2024, 11:06)civac2 Wrote: It's 0.5 foodhammers per tile with Guilds because we need farms to balance the food malus…
Now, I believe Ginger also considered commerce in his calculation. Of course that's ridiculous.

smoke QotM material. You and Comm should team up sometime wink 

Yeah we also can make Caesaria have 13 food surplus at size 7 (17food for growth required) and put globe giving us a draft every .76 turns or 60hpt of Jannies. 

If we get the music artist and no prophet from Prussa, it will behoove us to bulb Divine Right with the artist which requires teching Drama. Although previously, yes we were looking at drafting without Globe because of our very high happiness. Alternatively hardtech Divine Right and skip Drama? Hardteching without Arrows is painful, Astro syndrome (just pop a hut)
Peace is non-negotiable

Golden age ended and no Moai picture for my very quiet lurkers  neenerneener
Go ask Nauf, with his 24 turns   bow

We get music artist and Sankore next turn, Prussa starts on what will be a monstrously powerful National Epic  jive

I am realizing Civac had a point with the units, primarily because our best cities take 4 turns to make a maceman. To use MOBA terminology, since our sustain is so strong, we need to take care not to get bursted by the slavery-users nearby. Scouts show nothing on either front, but since it takes us >4 turns to react my hair is standing on end.

I'm realizing that Ikonion is a better candidate than Caesaria for Globe Theater, and can run a perpetual 8-7 draft cycle at 17 fpt if it takes back Clam and Corn. It also has more hammers to easily build it. 

We need to start planning how we are gonna find the hammers for Spiral Minaret and Taj. Although I doubt there is a race.
Peace is non-negotiable

You have my deepest empathy; running without slavery in PB58 was harrowing, but even then we didn't swap out of slavery until much later when we actually had drafting available to cover us.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

I do have in my possession a GA Moai screenshot. Serious offers only, please.

We have a merchant, will probably run a mission
You want a 25% cut of the Trade Mission to share that Moai pic Civac?

Reasoning for the mission is that it should be better yields than half a GA. We're currently aiming him at Ljubljana's border city, but Maybe it's worth trekking to Dreylin capital? Mjmd's capital with ToA is out of practical reach for this mission.

Combined with the Artist bulb we should be able to land SM soon, however we probably won't get a GA before Taj. I suppose waiting on GA is fine when you have good "bulbs"

We got Prussa base production up to 13 which is a miracle, but it's still going to be 10 turns to build the NE.
Peace is non-negotiable

Any Questions?
Peace is non-negotiable

Fingers crossed for that prophet!

How do rate the competition for Taj and do you have any plans to speed construction besides hoping for another Engineer?
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data