As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[PB78] Underdogs and undercats: The Mrrshan warlords visit the world of Civ IV

I find the Guerilla I units off a hill amusing.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Maybe he forgot the hill in this one place? It's a walk-in for the immortals now but a hill raises the expected losses from 2.8 to 7.8.

We'll see on T17.

Working hypothesis where everyone is. The scout will go south to check.

Does anyone know how score is calculated? We start with 39:

Score has 4 factors, as listed in the image.
For Population the game will calculate a "target population" for the entire map which sets how much point each point of population is. In this case you get 6 points for having 1 of the 774 populations the game thinkgs the map can sustain.
For Land it depends on the number of land tiles available, but it's only scored when you've held them for 20 turns. In this case you have 0 points because land scoring hasn't kicked in yet, but there are 961 landtiles.
Technology is scaled on the era; Ancient techs will give 6, classical 12, and so on.
Wonders are 16 points each for, and it counts national wonders like Palace.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

Thanks, everything sounds clear.

Just FYI since you haven't played Civ4 Pitboss as far as I know, it's considered generally poor form to stay logged in indefinitely for no reason. For one, it can slow down logins/logouts a bit. But also as you get closer to turn splits, there is a general expectation to not login during an opponent's half of the turn. Considering how quick/easy logging in is - especially if you use the wrapper - it's best to just log out once you're done playing.

Hypothesis disproved. We should have seen borders by now even with a few tiles variation.

Thinking to push further with the scout since I want to know who is where and getting the precise location of one player will help pinpoint everyone. We have two double moves lined up as 1SE from the pig looks flat. And since the scout will be so deep with no way of getting back without repeating, it can just circumnavigate back home and if we are lucky it will have enough time to explore the north before the settler is out. This will also give a lot of information about the map - what the middle points between player look like, the interplay between seas and land, distribution of resources and pre-placed improvements, etc. There are already a couple of locations that I'd be happy to settle from a yields perspective and now I'd like to find out what the geopolitics will be like.

If we are very unlucky this will end up being a peninsula rather than an isthmus and we'll waste a lot of time, but the current area seems to be the equivalent of what we have about 7 tiles from home so I'm inclined to believe that there is a player just around the corner near the barb city.

(June 16th, 2024, 02:47)Tarkeel Wrote: There's two main reasons why it's in general preferred that you only log in to play your turn:
1) You might block other players from connecting to the server. These can be unpredictable and random; ie the player who did log on while you were playing yesterday can't do so today.
2) It makes figuring out turn-splits and reloads almost impossible. How can someone play before or after you if you're logged on for the entire turn?

Ok, this makes sense but usually I like to note what there is to be done and then leave it for a while and come back to play the turn later. When it sits on the back of my mind for a bit I get ideas and the game becomes much more interesting. So is it ok at least to log in to have a look, log out, and then log in to play later?

There is a saying, you should play your session in one turn.
But in most cases, you should be able to split your turn.
This only becomes problematic, if you are near the end of the timer and it's often you, who end (and start) the turn.
You should (need t0) leave a window to declare war for others.

And I think to know the surroundings is a bit more important than to know where the others are. It's to late to change this, but maybe the next time.
Copper is the most important ressource in the game. So if your copper is north of you ?
Third city could be to late.