As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Nudists Save Tyria

Attributes:
Air: 4
Earth: 12
ES: 9
Inspiriation: 8

My skills:
Glyph of Swiftness
Stoneflesh Aura
Ether Renewal (E)
Armor of Earth
Stone Daggers
Stone Striker
Mantra of Earth
Earth Attunement

Code:
AWRAnINYyj0/rWLKFsitqBIVA

I basically don't do any damage other than stone daggers and I don't get off stone daggers very much. If you guys focus fire I can throw stone daggers at the thing you're trying to kill (someone ping it), otherwise I'm just sending it at something random because I'm not really trying to figure out what you guys are trying to kill while trying to make sure my enchants stay up as much as possible.
If you believe everything you read, better not read.

Since I'm not 100% sure what the plan is, I'm going to go out on a limb with this. Whether we trigger the bonus and let the bonus Jade do the fighting for us until they die off or not, I got the sense that we wanted to keep Jalis all by his lone-some up at the top, and us fight in the courtyard. Since it looks like we're going to have just 1 tank, my plan (until I hear otherwise) is to support the non-tank side with traps on the bridge, taking advantage of the lack of 3D awareness of the game. To that end, I'm going for:

Volley (I'm not really here to do damage, but I can do some......)
Leech Signet (EM)
Power Drain (EM)
Serpent's Quickness
Smoke Trap
Flame Trap
Barbed Trap
Rez Sig

Inspiration - 8
Expertise - 12
Wilderness - 10
Marksmanship - 2

Thoughts? Concerns? Comments? Keep 'em to yourself!

(Just kiddin' of course.......)

You might consider Ether Signet (Factions) as an energy management source as well.

Ether Signet
Cost: 0
Cast: 1s
Recharge: 45s
@8 Inspiration: If you have less than 8 Energy, gain 15 Energy.
Net Gain: 15e

Leech Signet
Cost: 0
Cast: 1/4s
Recharge: 30s
@8 Inspiration: Interrupt target foe's action. If that action was a Spell, you gain 9 Energy.
Net Gain: 9e

Power Drain
Cost: 5e
Cast: 1/4s
Recharge: 20s
@8 Inspiration: If target foe is casting a Spell or Chant, that Skill is interrupted and you gain 17 Energy.
Net Gain: 12e

So, assuming you were to meet the criteria for each skill in a 3 min period you would get back the following energy:
Ether Signet: 60e
Leech Signet: 54e
Power Drain: 108e

The question becomes whether or not you can interrupt the spells and trap at the same time. If you'll have enough energy to get off Power Drain when you need it. Or if you think you might be going below 8e quite often when trapping. I know when pre setting traps, Ether sig can help give an energy boost to get down some more traps.

I'm trying to work on this stuff, really I am! >_< Almost in position to test THK again. Have some wacky stuff lined up that I need to put through the paces.

Wacky, like what? =)

Pretty wacky. I had a more boring "hide up by the bridge while the tank bodyblocks the wall past the gate" idea, but mucco got me rolling on this insanity.

http://gwshack.us/fa3e2

This would be played as a "camp the king" strategy. The basic idea of this build is to get Extend Conditions spamming shutdown and degen everywhere. If you alternate extend conditions on different nearby targets, you can make near any condition last forever.

The MoM guy is a semi-tank that can take the initial hits, snare those trying to run by with grasping, set off a long blind for Extend, and deal some close-up damage efficiently. With access to all elemental skills, there are many more possible variations, like frozen burst + lightning touch.

SF is run-of-the-mill, except for the new glowing tweaks. Even with 0 earth magic, 12 energy storage will yield a net of 6 energy. Could bring a paragon signet instead to trigger the Lyric. After one shot, Extend should make the burning eternal, meaning nearly all hits are going to be fire damage.

BiP is put on a paragon with two other main purposes: They're on Fire to reduce damage, and Lyric of Zeal to help casters. The para also provides deep would, and could add in cripple or bleeding depending, as well as another daze source.

The ranger here is optimized for low-energy use, just trys to drop smoke trap and snare everywhere, conditions with big areas and long durations for Extend to abuse. Barbed trap is cooler, but not maintainable without BiPs. They can also deliver splinter weapon and trigger dazes with volley. If smoke trap isn't avaliable, broadhead arrow and dust trap are also possible.

Monk build looks familiar except for Healing Hands/Seed, which just happen to counter Spectral Agony pretty well. This guy will need BiP support.

Last slot is optional choise between rit or ER healer. I gave the crazy signet rit a whirl because of lyric of zeal.

Life Barrier hero can maintain 6 bonds for this team.

This build can probably be tweaked more for more optomized condition spreading. It does however seem light on damage, relying on burning and SF for the vast majority of it. Generally a problem with nudists anyway though... we could try putting Extend on the paragon, and bring a Dual-Attune Rodgort spam ele w/blood ritual instead of the necro, or even the assassin I although I was worried how extend spam would mess up the rhythm of adrenaline building. Another completely different conditionway team would be two Contagion necros pinging back and forth with foul feast and triggering dark aura (example here ), although that seems more fragile and harder to coordinate then Extend madness.

Not really happy with the lack of life and recuperation on the crazy Rt build, and going sig of spirits/empowerment/protective was kaolai/mantra/splinter compresses the bar and spreads attributes too much for my taste as a healer. But if I'm healing I'm sure I can come up with something that will fit this team build. smile

If I'm NOT healing, I can take over Extend Conditions from the necro, and let him bring BiP instead. (See my previous posts for a possible build, just swap in extend conditions for Visions of Regret.) This leaves us free to drop the paragon in exchange for an ER healer. Of course that leaves us without lyric of zeal but gives us some more mesmer damage options.

I also have BiP available on my Rt if you want to slap that on my skillbar, though that's probably less optimal.

Keep in mind that Extend Conditions needs to be spammed on recharge. That's actually energy intensive for us. Hence the necro bar doesn't have a whole lot else going on. Albeit, it or another character could probably be doing a little more; mesmer builds are definitely possible with such high inspiration.

I didn't see a way to fit communing at a decent enough spec to get Verizon going, so I stuck that role into the spirit instead. PwK is also more flexible IMO in that you get the healing when you need it, and the mending effect isn't wasted on people at full health. It just occured to me that the monk and 1 other can trigger the empowerment bonus by holding the beacon torches; I'd swap the monk to /Me then and take Echo, and can then echo Shield of Absorption or maybe Healing Hands. The only issue there is you have to religiously keep Empowerment up, which is difficult at a small spec when trying to heal someone. Channeling + Inspiration is pretty restrictive on the attribues however you slice it.

FoxBat Wrote:Keep in mind that Extend Conditions needs to be spammed on recharge. That's actually energy intensive for us. Hence the necro bar doesn't have a whole lot else going on. Albeit, it or another character could probably be doing a little more; mesmer builds are definitely possible with such high inspiration.
Mantra of Inspiration + ether signet + signet of recall provides quite a decent amount of energy; the caveat is it's not steady energy. If Extend Conditions needs to be spammed on recharge it might not be suitable; if it can be spammed every 10s then it could work. Also, note that as a Rt/Me I wouldn't be the one actually bringing/using conditions so I might not be best at figuring out who to use it on in the absence of good target calling, so that's a consideration as well.

Quote:I didn't see a way to fit communing at a decent enough spec to get Verizon going, so I stuck that role into the spirit instead. PwK is also more flexible IMO in that you get the healing when you need it, and the mending effect isn't wasted on people at full health.... Channeling + Inspiration is pretty restrictive on the attribues however you slice it.
If you really want PwK and Empowerment I'd rather stay away from channeling. To do otherwise splits up attributes and compresses the bar too much; you wind up with a character without enough healing power in a crunch and/or who sacrifices too much party healing.

Empowered Restorer
OASjQohMJORzJn0MjNMlEjzpNA
Restoration 12 Blood 10 Spawning 8
Soothing Memories
Spirit Light
Mend Body & Soul (could swap this for res/Recuperaton/Rejuvenation)
Weapon of Warding
Protective Was Kaolai
Offering of Blood (this plus BiP = spammable WoW)
Life
Empowerment

Quote:If you really want PwK and Empowerment I'd rather stay away from channeling.

Yes but it misses the purpose for picking the build, which was Lyric of Zeal abuse, plus splinter on a ranger. I'm inclined to prefer Ether Renewal healer in the absence of those.

Anyway here's the "boring tank idea" for reference, as a complete alternative to the above condition stuff: http://gwshack.us/63e50

[Image: nudethktankdiagramha5.jpg]

Where I'm standing, the tank can pull a pretty effective bodyblock, while nukers standing around where my heroes are nuke with impunity, with easy access to the catapult as well. This provides protection from jade bows, and makes it very hard for jade armors to work their way up there. All nuker skills have to be made without line of sight though. Trapping the bridge is possible, especially since enemies will not have line of sight to interrupt. We'd also need an ether renewal tank with 2 bonds to handle the other side, assisted by an offensive spirit spam build that sets up spirits at both gates. (I've tried, there is enough room to make that work.) The weakness of this setup is constrained builds; two tanks, two healers, bonder, and spirit spam is already 6 characters, leaving 2 slots for nuking/caster disabling and maybe blood ritual. It will also crumble completely if either tank dies, and is very vulnerable to chain lightning, since most casters will be unbonded. (Each tank gets Bond + Barrier, Trapper gets Barrier for combat trapping, ER guy gets Vital Blessing.) On paper it seems to have more damage output however.