As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Welcome!

I've been playing Masters of Magic I think pretty much since it came out. My brother bought a copy that used 7...or was it 8...3.5 floppies. Good times. Then lost it for years, found it again online, lost it again. Got married and converted my wife to the awesomeness of this game (so no worries about jealous spouses here...although we are both hoping Implode actually pulls off a working multiplayer), and recently purchased a *new* copy from gog.com.

Good times.

I've been looking around and seeing some truly amazing stuff here (the map editor and game customizer by I Like Serena particularly caught my attention), but I haven't seen directions on how to install/run the programs (though I was able to figure out the map editor on my own)...am I blind? Or just one of the lesser geeks who don't speak the right language? ;-)

Anyway, very excited to find an active community here.

Rev

Rev222 Wrote:I've been looking around and seeing some truly amazing stuff here (the map editor and game customizer by I Like Serena particularly caught my attention), but I haven't seen directions on how to install/run the programs (though I was able to figure out the map editor on my own)...am I blind? Or just one of the lesser geeks who don't speak the right language? ;-)
Hello and be warmly welcomed here smile Real-Time Game Tweaker by I Like Serena (ILSe) is stand-alone program, which means it does not require installation. Simply execute it. Tweaker requires that you run Master of Magic on DOSBox emulator and keep the game running in the background while using this program. If you don't like the text-based interface of DOSBox, then I recommend using a graphical environment for DOSBox: D-Fend Reloaded. In any case, once your savegame is loaded, open RTG Tweaker and click 'Connect'. Now the program is ready to modify the game data. Does this help?

Hey Jtm,

Thanks for the welcome. I'm really excited to find a MoM community that's still alive and kicking.

Also, thanks for the help with the Real-Time Game Tweaker. The ability to repopulate lairs is pretty amazing (I love searching for treasure! Or spell books and retorts anyway jive).

Thanks again, :D

Rev

Hello fellow magicians, wizards, sorcerers and warlocks of Master of Magic from all the countless realms of existence. I've registered here few days ago to report few bugs discovered when using the Insecticide patch, but missed to introduce myself to the community as of yet.

I've been playing Master of Magic since the middle 90's when I got my first Intel 486 DX2-66 computer with Ms-Dos 6.22 and Windows 3.11 for Works, enjoying the game as rarely any before and after it, and co-existing with the countless bugs and inconsistences it offered for lots of fun. As time went on and I grew older, the game still kept a special place in my best-games list, and so I was very interested when there appeared a post on a site for old Dos games, called Abandonia (where I've been a member for a long time already), about a newly made unofficial patch for Master of Magic.
Since I began playing the game recently again (as every now and then), I decided to look up for the newer version of the patch since there've been no post about it for a while now on Abandonia. This led me to this forum.

I'm happy to see so many fans of Master of Magic still being there and, depending on the time I'll have (not that much right now), plan to stay awhile and listen... err I mean post... wrong game tongue Though there's a thread for it here also, I see.

Greetings
Amazeroth

Finally got around to registering for this place. Thought I had done so already long ago, but apparently not. So...hi.

Seems one cannot post new threads right away, which I guess is an anti-spam measure.

Hi, I also noticed that I cannot post a new thread. I want to introduce the mod I'm developing

Hi everybody. I'm new here, and a latecomer to Master of Magic. I'd heard good things about it for years, and just recently picked it up from Good Old Games. It's cool to see how many games can trace their roots back to this one, and I'm having a blast modding it. Just as soon as I can figure out how to give Klackon farmers 3 food production like Halflings, I'll be set. smile

Hello. I have been playing MoM for many years, it is one of my favorite games. I am actually designing a "spiritual successor" and I was wondering if anyone wanted to critique or add ideas.

Welcome,
We already have hundreds of designs. Many were posted on the internet. Yet, we still have 0 (ZERO) implementations. What we need now is PROGRAMMERS, who appear to be in great shortage over the past 19 years. Do you have any programmers at your disposal? If so, I may be interested in taking a look or joining efforts. The alternative, of course, would be a major pile of money, which would allow hiring programmers.

I decided to register at last. I started playing MoM in 1995. I had a teacher's summer vacation of 10 weeks... For a long time MoM was my favourite game. I can do very little for the projects here, but I can help playing them.