As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS]Luddite: A Man, A Plan, An Also-Ran

Annoyingly, this is the kind of situation where it's actually quite useful to do extensive demographic analysis. Someone has a power of 28000, which seems kinda high, and probably means they built a chariot. I'm not sure who, but I would guess AT, since he has the lowest score now despite being creative.

If you get an archer in there before a chariot arrives, that city should be fine.
Completed: SG2-Wonders or Else!; SG3-Monarch Can't Hold Me; WW3-Surviving Wolf; PBEM3-Replacement for Timmy of Khmer; PBEM11-Screwed Up Huayna Capac of Zulu; PBEM19-GES, Roland & Friends (Mansa of Egypt); SG4-Immortality Scares Me

Yeah, I'm actually not too worried about an early exploring chariot, especially if it gets stopped by the oases and jungle. I'm more worried about someone showing up in about 10 turns with like 5 or 6 chariots, if they're doing a hardcore rush.

If they do that, you are both probably screwed for winning.
Completed: SG2-Wonders or Else!; SG3-Monarch Can't Hold Me; WW3-Surviving Wolf; PBEM3-Replacement for Timmy of Khmer; PBEM11-Screwed Up Huayna Capac of Zulu; PBEM19-GES, Roland & Friends (Mansa of Egypt); SG4-Immortality Scares Me

Whoever had 28k power last turn now has 33k. That could mean something like: 6 pop, hunting, mining, AH, wheel, BW, 2 warriors, and 2 chariots. Makes me nervous... still no sign of any neighbor other than that one warrior from AT.

Somehow I'm now first in food, despite having only a size 3 capital (everyone else is size 5). GNP is low since I don't have a tech selected.

Someone else has the same land area as me- that must mean they also settled by the lakes.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0435.jpg]

Settled my 3rd city this turn, while also finishing another settler. I still have just one worker lol. However, I now control all of the oases around my borders. If I don't get attacked, I'm sitting pretty. Incidentally, I'm pretty sure now that I don't have any northern neighbor. Also someone (not AT) researched hinduism this turn.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0436.jpg]

My cities form a nice smiley face:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0437.jpg]

Well this is a decidedly unconventional opening. BW/AH in the plan this side of Feudalism?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Heh... I was actually toying with the idea of building the oracle and taking feudalism before I get Bronze working. But I think I'll get AH and BW next.

So it was Scooter who founded Hinduism. I wonder if he was thinking of a similiar strategy to mine, using a holy city to pop the borders of his oasis city?

Founded Brisbyland. Finally I have trade routes! Some religion spread would be nice. More importantly, I'll be able to build spears in my forward cities... eventually.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0439.jpg]

I have an absolutely silly amount of food right now. Unfortunately I can't DO anything with it, because I still don't have any happiness or slavery or improved tiles to grow on to.

Someone else has a really high GNP- good news for me, since it means they won't rush me! That's probably Scooter with his religion.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0438.jpg]

This city really shows just how ridiculous my empire is. Building stonehenge almost as fast as a monument, and with a citizen.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0440.jpg]