As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Tatan, CFCJester and Nakor try their hand at Mansu of India...

So much micro. I came up with this...
[Image: pb8glhsimt67.jpg]
Time for a break (AZ vids) but if we choose to go this route I'll post the micro I used.
The save...
.zip   GLHt67.zip (Size: 147.21 KB / Downloads: 1)
Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

Looking very good, Jester! Where do you find the time for all this micro-ing? bow

I'm not a big fan of monuments, so the only thing I can come up with now is that we might try to get an early religion after Pottery (if they are still available) to get an easier border pop in our second city.
But we have a few days before it comes to that! lol

(November 13th, 2012, 08:07)Nakor Wrote: Looking very good, Jester! Where do you find the time for all this micro-ing? bow

I'm not a big fan of monuments, so the only thing I can come up with now is that we might try to get an early religion after Pottery (if they are still available) to get an easier border pop in our second city.
I might be tempted going for religion (if available) after Sailing. FoF doesn't have time for a granary before GLH and Hunting could wait a little (workers busy chopping and improving mines). Ofc, we might need better military units...just too early to tell right now. I'll post the micro tomorrow (live game notes are correct).
Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

(November 13th, 2012, 09:39)CFCJesterFool Wrote:
(November 13th, 2012, 08:07)Nakor Wrote: Looking very good, Jester! Where do you find the time for all this micro-ing? bow

I might be tempted going for religion (if available) after Sailing. FoF doesn't have time for a granary before GLH and Hunting could wait a little (workers busy chopping and improving mines). Ofc, we might need better military units...just too early to tell right now. I'll post the micro tomorrow (live game notes are correct).

We'll see then! Ended turn. Nothing happening...

The micro up to T38 (when we would need a decision on tech path and city build for SM {Steve Martin - will need a real name})...
Quote:T21 wkr chops (3t)
T23 chop finishes WB
T24 WB moves to fish; work lake; grow on warrior; wkr moves 1E and chops (3t)
T25 work improved fish
T26 FoF @ sz 2; work fish+corn; switch build to worker; chop comp. into worker (6t)
T27 wkr moves 1 SW and chops (3t)
T28 Agri comp.; tech Sailing; work fish+lake
T29 chop comp., finishing worker
T30 wkr 2 moves to corn; work fish+corn; switch build to settler (14t); wkr 1 moves to corn and farms (5t)
T31 wkr 1 & 2 farm (2t)
T32 corn irrigated; settler in 9t; Sailing in 6t
T33 wkr 1 & 2 move to FoF
T34 wkr 1 & 2 move 1S and chop (3 worker turns needed)
T35 chop comp. into settler; wkr 2 moves 1 SW and chops (2t)
T36 wkr 1 moves 1 SW and comp. chop, finishing settler
T37 settler moves 2S; build warrior (8t); wkr 1 & 2 move 1 SE and chop (3 worker turns needed)
T38 Sailing comp.; tech (Hunting or Meditation/Polytheism? - will need to decide); chop finishes warrior; settle SM; wkr 2 moves 1N and chops (3 worker turns needed); SM works GF; SM builds ? (WB or monument)
We do have time for early religion before Hunting (assuming barbs and opponents cooperate) and still meet our target dates (although Polytheism would delay pasturing sheep - not sure if this impacts settler ie. haven't tested yet).

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0376.jpg]

Ended turn after following the plan.
Moved the scout but didn't end the new turn.

Hi hi Nakor. I might miss a few turns but I'll be ready to sandox once we have Sailing researched (if we go religion..I already have micro if we don't).

@ Tatan : what should we call our 2nd city? Tbh, Flight of Fancy was golden (perfect bro)...although my second city name was okay, I'd lean towards your name for the second city...you seem to have a knack for city names. (that are cool at least, although Steve Martin {SM} isn't badl) smile Could you also come up with names for our workers? (#1 and #2 is so boring). Long live the Three Amigos (so what, I drink, and yes I'm drunk, doesn't change the fact we have an awesome team). smile

Ended the turn after the crash.
Jester, I hope you'll be back soon, but we'll manage with your micro plan!

Played the turn. The chop is done so the WB will finish next turn.
Scout is up north and can start looking at new lands and finding opponents.

Turn endend.

Followed the micro plan in the new turn. Ended turn.

Screenshots aren't working right now... problems with uploading.
Seems like a very narrow landbridge to the northwest. So we should plan for an early blocking city with very good defenses.