As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Caster of Magic II Bug Reports!

Charmed is nice but imo not really necessary, it's fairly easy to push heroes to very high resist through gear and levels. They can also get resist magic, bless or resist elements to add to their high resist.

(January 5th, 2021, 14:10)Cruel100 Wrote:
(January 4th, 2021, 22:52)Intaka Wrote: especially when you have emotional investment in your hero unit.

Here I believe I understand the idea of Seravy, which is to make a game more balanced than the original.

Taking this into account, which is having a richer game, as it accepts several winning strategies, I think that this higher emotional investment for heroes should be taken into account. Heroes have a name, gain experience, are unique, there is an imagination and story behind it, much bigger than summoned monsters, in addition, there is another layer which are the weapons used by them, which give more layer of fun.

My opinion in relation to this, is that in terms of strategy and fun it could decrease at least a little bit the costs of the magic artifacts specifically, which I consider high even playing with artificer.

I apologize, this a bit out of nowhere, but how about adding an option to name regular units? That will give major emotional investment, xcom-style smile

Honestly, I don't think the expected lifespan of units is high enough to be worth doing so and you have way too many units for that in this game as well, but it is easy to add that feature so if more people want it, I can.

You might just name one. Bob. Bob the spearman who was there at the start of it all. Who now tells stories around the fire at the capital as Paladins scour the countryside of evil without him, because he took an arrow to the knee!

Not a truly important feature though. Agreed.

(February 25th, 2021, 04:53)Seravy Wrote: Honestly, I don't think the expected lifespan of units is high enough to be worth doing so and you have way too many units for that in this game as well, but it is easy to add that feature so if more people want it, I can.

I agree, I was just elaborating a bit on the emotional investment thing...

(March 2nd, 2021, 00:04)Intaka Wrote: You might just name one. Bob. Bob the spearman who was there at the start of it all. Who now tells stories around the fire at the capital as Paladins scour the countryside of evil without him, because he took an arrow to the knee!

This is funny, love it lol 
However now that I think, it would be nice to have Bob the spearman (or maybe Ivan the original swordsman) enchanted with all kinds of buffs (a nice new titanium knee for sure), make him lieutenant Bob, and give him command of a stack of sky drakes smile

Slitherine announced the start of the beta : https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop...8&t=104480

Excellent!

(March 2nd, 2021, 20:18)Seravy Wrote: Slitherine announced the start of the beta : https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop...8&t=104480

Will the beta be available here as well?

Better not, it would be weird if the updates appeared a week or two earlier here than on the official download and I don't expect them to be processed instantly. Fortunately there aren't any major bugs discovered nowadays so slower updates shouldn't be too much of a problem. I'm mostly expecting necessary changes to game balance related to new features or minor problems to be found at this point. Crashes and other bugs that require urgent action are much less likely.