As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Peace and Purity - Einion Logos of the Elohim

Slane was founded on my preferred site. Costs went up but thanks to 2 markets in Glens and Cahir Abbey I can get Hunting on T70. Tech is likely AH, writing then beeline Order.

nyktorion mentioned that his latest city upset the Bannor. It would be great if they attacked each other, I might be interested in monk rushing someone after all if that were to happen.

Summary of the latest Blitz:

I met the Bannor. He claims to have met everyone except the Sheaim. Malakim are apparently close to the west and the Lanun are far to the Southwest. Also has border tensions with the elves and Malakim.

First thoughts, Lanun isolated? That's not good. I can only imagine what a monster they'll be end game if left to themselves. (I wonder how they met?) At least the Malakim are accounted for. His scout appeared in the NW, he might be able to explore a nearby graveyard, but I want it.

Both Hunting and AH are complete. I wonder if I should slip Cartography in at some point, but it's so cheap that I might be able to try and 1 turn it later on. Anyway, Writing then Religion.

Demographics say that I'm 1st in GNP and average in food and MFG. That should hopefully change after I get some happiness resources. Also Bannor have a huge culture increase per turn starting 5-10 turns ago. Did they get an Artist somehow and settle it (log says nothing)?

WarriorKnight Wrote:First thoughts, Lanun isolated? That's not good. I can only imagine what a monster they'll be end game if left to themselves. (I wonder how they met?) At least the Malakim are accounted for. His scout appeared in the NW, he might be able to explore a nearby graveyard, but I want it.
On the whole it depends on how the coastline and general terrain looks down there, but yup, life would be easer if Mardoc had someone that could bother him.
WarriorKnight Wrote:Both Hunting and AH are complete. I wonder if I should slip Cartography in at some point, but it's so cheap that I might be able to try and 1 turn it later on. Anyway, Writing then Religion.
What would you need it for now? As you said - it's cheap, you can do it later if required.
WarriorKnight Wrote:Also Bannor have a huge culture increase per turn starting 5-10 turns ago. Did they get an Artist somehow and settle it (log says nothing)?
That would be a weird and weak way to use arguably already weak great person. Maybe they got the "ice sculptures" event of an tundra/ice tile? That gives settled GA in a city. But is the increase really of the +12 scale?

Mist Wrote:What would you need it for now? As you said - it's cheap, you can do it later if required.?

Your right of course, I have no need for Cartography now. I guess I was just queuing it up in the 'research it if there's nothing better to do' list.

Mist Wrote:But is the increase really of the +12 scale?

[Image: Bannor%20culture%20jump.jpg]

I haven't checked what the output actually is, but it's certainly possible it's in that range.

AH is in but I can't see any horses anywhere nearby. Maybe hawk scouting will reveal some that I missed somewhere, but it's no biggie since I don't plan to use mounted units.

Current Demographics:

[Image: T74%20Demogs.jpg]

Still leading in GNP. Am behind in the other 2 categories but the gold gets connected in 3 turns and Ale should be up in around 10 turns or so, so that should help me catch up. Also being the only one in Aristocracy means that everyone else gets extra food on farms, so it's not all bad.

I'm back to thinking about the idea of attacking someone with blessed monks and Valin soon after getting Priesthood. The most likely candidate is nyktorion, but he'll have his worldspell by then and I can't figure out how to deal with it effectively. He also might have his hero too and that wouldn't help things either.

The only other person that seems close enough to rush is Irgy, but running into Pyre Zombies without Destroy Undead is not a good idea (although I would have 3 movers so I could out-range them) plus I want to stay on good terms with him. Shame it just seems to be those two nearby, anyone else in the game would be a better target if they were closer.

Had on interesting chat with the Bannor. Apparently Thoth explored the Pyre and now there is a 9 strength Ogre running around his lands. yikes Otherwise he was mostly inquiring about what I could offer in trade, to which I replied that I hadn't really thought about it yet (which is true, I just met him around 5 turns ago). Wonder why he's so interested in trading right now (perhaps figuring out a good crusade target?)

No idea. Can you even make a trade route in a reasonable timeframe? Because from the looks of it, the easiest way to trade on this map will be a coastal city + Sailing + workboat defogging the coast. And that will be ages away.

But if you DO want to trade with him, only doubled resource I spotted are pigs and cows lol So if he wants cows, we should be game lol

Mist Wrote:But if you DO want to trade with him, only doubled resource I spotted are pigs and cows lol So if he wants cows, we should be game lol

Well I'll have surplus wine that to the double wine spot. Both Spirit and Water mana which I get from my palace have fairly useful level 1 spells that could be traded early. Maybe even Ale if someone neglects building Dreptus.

Although I agree that trading is still ages away unless there is a very convenient river close by.

I finally connected the gold to my empire, ridding the unhappiness from Cahir Abbey and Glens of Killybegs and subsequently giving my GNP a huge boost:

[Image: T76%20Demogs.jpg]

Yeah, I wonder how long I can keep this puppy quiet for (good thing I'm Irgy's only contact).

Hawks and Sanctuary if necessary should defend me until monks and Valin show up, which will be good enough for an early defense.

Writing and the Hunting Lodge finish EoT77, so I can build half price libraries when I run out of things to build and I'm getting hawks soon.

The game also left me a nice surprise:

[Image: Popped%20Copper%20w00t%21.jpg]

Popper copper. jive Now I have to consider going BW to get easy copper weapons. I don't really want to, since it'll delay going up the Divine path and aside from those goblins early I haven't been bothered by a single barb (not to mention hawks will soon give me all the warning I need). Still nice to have the option though.