As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Dwarf Fortress Succession Game

spellman Wrote:Hm, I never had an issue with just 1 dedicated farmer. Once they're badass enough they can easily plant a 6x6 grid, and that's way more food than you need for a while.

At least my giant stockpiles of food seem to think so. Gotta cook these damn mushrooms faster...

True, but Lavish Meals have a huge trade value. A few stacks of Dwarfen beer roasts can buy out a caravan.

Jkaen Wrote:But as a cliffhanger, are you the 1 dead dwarf I have?

Noo....cry...all I ever wanted to do was chop down trees and make them into things...
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Thoth Wrote:True, but Lavish Meals have a huge trade value. A few stacks of Dwarfen beer roasts can buy out a caravan.

I... never thought of that....

I typically just spam rock crafts. Seriously. 1 Dwarf dedicated to making rock crafts all day long with a pile just for crafts on one side and a pile of stone on the other. At least until I run out of wood for bins.

Nor me and I am almost out of rock crafts atm due to getting him distracted making other stuff. Since I am drowning in food and drink I may have to look at that

Wait till you see for how much a legendary highly processed ( dwarven syrup with quary bush leaves for example ) roast goes. Caravans often don't have enough goods to buy one lol

I have had a human, elven and currently (don't think they have left yet) dwarven caravan arrive. This latest one is the first I haven't just bought everything that is slightly useful just on the off chance.

If they have not gone yet, I may try and sell some food just to clear their stock out

Well, the person who died was a random no name who went crazy when I couldn't fulfil his whim.

However just as I was taking a few last final screenshots for the report, a tragic accident happened and the cavern collapsed (still not quite sure how as it was over the kitchen, where the guys were not working).

Crushed to death immediatly was our L20 Legendary Miner Dicorion. Shortly suffocating to death in the aftermath was Pvt Serdoa of the military who must have been passing at the time.

Will update the pictures later, here is the save

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24016610/region1.zip

Mist Wrote:Wait till you see for how much a legendary highly processed ( dwarven syrup with quary bush leaves for example ) roast goes. Caravans often don't have enough goods to buy one lol

aw, but that involves doing weird cooking things that I haven't figured out yet!

I mean seriously, getting my damn farming system up properly is a pain in the rear. I always get distracted by OMG MIGRANTS SPAM DOORS AND BEDS. And then some of the stuff has to be above ground to grow (does the expose to air and re-floor trick still work?) and I just lose track of what goes where.

The Burrow

Tried to generally tidy up the outside of the burrow, squaring it off to look more dwarfy. I did it with the dig command however leading to lots of overhangs, should have used channel which is what I am trying now (and may have caused the deaths). I still have channel commands lined up on Z+1 so you may want to check them out.

Talking about Z+1, I forgot to take a screenshot, but it has been squared off, with just 1 ramp left to the roof (again with dig not channel) and a stairway up from Z has been added. Jkaen now has a seperate office, dining room and bedroom each with a statue and glass window. There is room for another noble in the other half (dig commands queued)

We also seemed to have suicidal livestock who kept jumping from the pasture, so I have constructed a wall around the edge to try and keep them in.

Level Z I have generally left alone, so there is still an unmined area in the burrow for future use. Jkaen's old room now sits empty, as does the old dormitory. The old dining room has been turned into a graveyard and alas more gravestones need adding.

Also just outside the enterance I have added a butcher/tanner/leatherworker although they have not done much yet.

[Image: Barrow%20Z%20copy.jpg]

The Courtyard

Well, the main plan was to wall off the area between the Barrow and Fortress Hill and this has now been done... And then I started to get carried away. First in the north I had to add 1 wall section to stop people walking ontot he hill along the wall and into the base.

In the south however I built the gateway (level in new dining room), then decided to build the walls outside to track invaders up and down a bit (thinking baliistas from the north). Then I decided I wanted an archery tower and walkways on that section too, so they got added along with fortifications on Z+1 to shoot through.

Set up an ore stockpile just to get the stuff out of the way, then a chalk stockpile to speed up wall building.

Took a while to work out how refuse was being handled, think I finally got it sorted, but there is a bunch of stuff dumped in the south lake we may want back at some point, hence the stairs (now its frozen, if you build the up stairs and Z-1 and mine 1 west you should get to the dump pile)

[Image: Courtyard%20copy.jpg]