As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Dwarf Fortress Succession Game

Fortress HIll - Living Quarters

I put the living quarters on the ground floor, although ti does mean we wont be able to smooth and engrave them (soil).

Just added a secondary gate to the enterance just in case, its not linked up yet, but the south lever in the dining room is ready for it (the north one does the main gate)

All the founding members got there own private bedroom, I think there are 2 spare atm. Everybody gets to sleep in the dorms right now.

I left the area looking on to the start of the corridor enpty for now incase people wanted to add defenses. I also left surface facing areas free for key rooms that may need glass

In the cages in the dining room we have a wolf and a turkey we got from the elves.

[Image: Hill%20Z%20copy.jpg]

Fortress Hill - The Barracks

Quite a simple layout here, we have 2 barracks of 8 man squads the names taken from WW5. 1 squad led my Novice has the G's, S's and Ichabod. The other squad led by Uberfish has the others.

They are currently training in their choice of armour with no weapons to raise up wrestling and their strength, and to stop accidents while we have no hospital.

The 3rd barrack is for the archers 'Lock' 'Stock' and 'Barrel' who are currently not training at all, as I dont really know what I am doing with archers

[Image: Hill%201%20copy.jpg]

Fortress Hill - The Workshop

I have set up the workshop so the west is all about our steel industry with a snaking chain line back to the stairs.

Woodstockpile (plus bowyer) - Woodfurnace - Ore stockpile (couldn't seem to get charcoal stockpiled) - Smelters - Bar stockpile - Metalsmith.

We don't have to use the wood furnace too much atm, but may run out of ore fuel soon. We are drowning in iron ore however. I have produced about 10 bars of steel so far, but left it to the next player to decide what to do with it.

The East is set up with small little seperate rooms of cottage industries.

The Soap one was due to a whim, but luckily it was a bowyer whim instead, so I have never used this.

The plaster one is because we are downing in Gypsum, but its too expensive to make, and isnt worth enough cash in trade.

We have a ton of cloth from trades for clothing should we need, and I needed windows to up the value of my apartment.

[Image: Forges%20copy.jpg]

Oh, Thoth, you are up if you still fancy it

Oh, no....
My fifteen minutes of fame are all done. RIP
It seems that "luck" of my avatars from other SG´s is still holding lol

... Just remembered something, while I had my workgroups digging away (you had a few appentices) I am sure one stopped to give birth at one point, can't remember who it was though.

It may be worth whoever is up next checking, but there may well be 'Son of Dicorion' still alive (think I had about 3 births in my turnset)

Jkaen, I've got a question about those isometric views of yours. Can you play the game with them on, or do you have to pause, export, etc? Because one of the biggest barriers to me figuring out DF was always not being able to tell what's going on, but isometric is finally good enough for me.

And if you can play with the iso view on - can you point me to where it can be found?
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Not really, its an external viewer and its quite choppy. However, if you have a highly clocked CPU and a 2nd monitor, you can probably do it.
In Soviet Russia, Civilization Micros You!

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

What I should have posted was a screenshot of my tileset, I find it a bit easier to read than Mist's.

As ASM said its just a realtime (updates every 0.2 secs, can be choppy and laggy) viewer, and doesnt show items, stockpiles etc.

I do tend to run the game, the iso viewer and Dwarf Therapist ( a dwarf management utility) at the same time though without too many issues.

Jkaen Wrote:It may be worth whoever is up next checking, but there may well be 'Son of Dicorion' still alive (think I had about 3 births in my turnset)

Uhm... that would be most unexpected, but really a nice gesture anyway lol Thanks for keeping me in game jkaen!

And I had the same problem as Mardoc has. No easy way for me to really see through all those symbols (even in various graphic mods for noobs). Problem is I was lazy to understand enough to get hooked....