As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Peace and Purity - Einion Logos of the Elohim

By the way, what happens to the old palace when the new one is built? Is it removed?

Amelia Wrote:By the way, what happens to the old palace when the new one is built? Is it removed?

It gets removed. Otherwise it would be a tad unbalancing since you get twice as many palace mana, a free palace etc. I think that in previous versions you could get multiple palaces but that doesn't seem to work anymore.

Of course, that means I'll soon lose my own palace mana, which is a bit of a problem since I owe both nyktorion and Mardoc a 10 turn nature mana loan. Fortunately nyktorion says he'll borrow his source around T150 and Mardoc said he might want Life mana from the Tomb instead (although since Hyborem is nowhere near him I doubt it).

yikes

[Image: Popped%20yet%20another%20one%21.jpg]

Excellent, a native Gems source. I'm already getting Gems in trade through the Sheaim (which means I'll sadly have to cancel that), but still a very nice pop indeed. That's what, my 3rd metal pop this game without Earth mana? jive

Still Thoth got Infernal Pact, which can only mean he's heading for the Grimiore (or Sacrifice the weak too I guess) which he may very well get since Sheaim are last in production. Have to see what Thoth takes with Adaptive next turn. Meanwhile nyktorion got Sorcery and I've spied around 15 fire1 adepts in his border city with Thoth which at least some of them have got to have enough experience to upgrade. Gotta hope they can do a decent amount of damage.

Well nyktorion has agreed to sign a NAP until T190, so it's time to get one with Thoth:

Quote:Hi Thoth

It's been a while, how have you been doing?

It seems that our NAP is close to expiring again. I would be interested in extending it to T195, but given the current situation I can't agree to sign it without also agreeing that this NAP remains confidential (between the two of us only). Would you ok with that? If not I'm willing to discuss other ways we can make it work out for both of us.

BTW is there a reason why your at war with the Infernal's? I don't think it's because they spawned closest to you (I already claimed that title). wink

Regards,
WarriorKnight

I don't know if I could've asked for more with Sanctuary, but given that he has 2-3 times my power (and will probably snag Malevolent Designs from the Infernal Grimiore for Eidolons and Beasts of Agares for an even bigger boost) and my minimal communication with him, I'm really unsure if he'll go for it hence why I've remained cautious for now.

Also, I managed to renegotiate my gems for corn trade with Heisenburg for clams. jive

Infernal start at war with the same civs as the summoner.

Hm, OK then. That doesn't make too much sense but in a MP game I guess it doesn't matter.

Thoth switched to... Organised?!? OK, sure those Command posts are pretty nice to build but aside from that? Surely Financial would've been better if he wanted economic help. Still he went into a GA so he's practically got a lock on the Grimiore now (if he didn't have that already) and therefore I have no idea what his normal GNP looks like.

Re: conquest, had a bit of deja vu when I realized that most of my cities would starve if I switched into that, so I guess I'm staying in Agrarianism then. I wish I had a source of experience though, although I guess everyone but Thoth is in the same boat.

WarriorKnight Wrote:Hm, OK then. That doesn't make too much sense but in a MP game I guess it doesn't matter.

In SP it's a spur to summon Hyborem, even if you're not planning a switch. Getting a war ally is practically the original intended purpose of the infernal pact. "If you fight my enemies I will summon you to this world".

Sadly, an AI Hyborem freshly summoned isn't normally going to be all that influential to the course of a war.

Looks like I underestimated how long it would take to reach the Infernals, I could feasibly start attacking them next turn. Otherwise not much else to report other than Poisons coming in EoT.

NAP with Thoth confirmed until T195. Thoth only wanted the condition that no 3rd party go attack the other through our land, which won't happen during Sanctuary and after that probably won't be a concern. So I have 20 turns to go through the Sheaim before the NAP with nyktorion expires, 5 of which will have Sanctuary active.

I hope I can get at least one mage by attacking the Infernal as Regeneration will make things go much quicker.

So, here we go:

[Image: Snowfall%201.jpg]

Not that great. Average damage of snowfall is 40% and only 2 units got more damage than 20%. Oh well, the stack moves back into my land until next turn, while I scorch one of the ice tiles so my city doesn't starve (the ice will disappear naturally eventually, might as well lessen the food loss until then).

Next turn I may try and attack anyway since 4 move units (Valin with Haste, monks with mobility and haste) can attack and end turn in my border safely.

Drama in, next up Archery.