As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Peace and Purity - Einion Logos of the Elohim

Now this is just ridiculous:

[Image: Sheaim%20troubles.jpg]

We have a active NAP with the Sheaim, yet they has no trouble attacking my Caravel (Hidden Nationality won't fool anyone). I am really tempted to just attack him right now in response while Sanctuary is active. Guess that's another decision that needs to be made.

In better news, Bowyers is done so I've finally started drafting Longbows in cities that are stuck at the happy cap. Just picked up Elementalism and will go after Sorcery next.

Go for it. The sooner we finish with this bullshit the sooner we can focus on Toth.

Just make sure Nyk understands you will provide him with all required assistance regardless of what happens in the south. Offer of free Iron loan once you build the palace should help with that.

Odd that a privateer would show its nationality, shouldn't HN units flag as barbarian?

uberfish Wrote:Odd that a privateer would show its nationality, shouldn't HN units flag as barbarian?

I thought that was weird too. Sadly I can't think of a reasonable explanation as to why the log would show that the Sheaim killed it. Even if Hidden Nationality worked, it would have to be the Sheaim since the Privateer was sitting inside one of the Sheaim cities. Also it's explicitly stated in the NAP with nyktorion that we won't use Hidden Nationality units on each other.

Mist Wrote:Go for it. The sooner we finish with this bullshit the sooner we can focus on Toth.

Just make sure Nyk understands you will provide him with all required assistance regardless of what happens in the south. Offer of free Iron loan once you build the palace should help with that.

I'm not sure we'll be able to provide any direct military assistance if we're going to attack the Sheaim. Our military is not enough to be able to pull off a two front war since Thoth is miles ahead of everyone else in power. While we can definitely provide assistance with Infernal Palace goodies, whether it'll be enough to satisfy them is questionable.

Anyway, I'll start writing something shortly.

WarriorKnight Wrote:I thought that was weird too. Sadly I can't think of a reasonable explanation as to why the log would show that the Sheaim killed it.
It could have Declared Nationality. Or it could be renamed, remember PB's giant tricks.
WarriorKnight Wrote:Even if Hidden Nationality worked, it would have to be the Sheaim since the Privateer was sitting inside one of the Sheaim cities.
Could be someone they had open borders with ( Mardoc? ). See 'renamed' explanation. But then it wouldn't be done without his knowledge and approval. Otherwise you should get some sort of apology by now.

That doesn't change the fact we need to get rid of this distraction. Like yesterday.

Was the boat that got pirated docked in the city then?

Mist Wrote:It could have Declared Nationality. Or it could be renamed, remember PB's giant tricks.

If it declared Nationality then we'd be at war. Renaming isn't the problem, the nationality is. If a unit is Hidden Nationality, then the nationality doesn't usually get displayed (ie should normally be killed by a Privateer and not a Sheaim Privateer). I guess it could be renamed to 'Sheaim Privateer' but that would be a silly thing for Heisenburg to do (I wouldn't be surprised if Thoth did it, but I don't think he has any Privateers since he can build Frigates).

Mist Wrote:Could be someone they had open borders with ( Mardoc? ). See 'renamed' explanation. But then it wouldn't be done without his knowledge and approval. Otherwise you should get some sort of apology by now.

I'm pretty sure Hidden Nationality Privateers can't enter empty cities even with Open borders (although they can enter borders without OB). Mardoc gets Pirates instead of Privateers, although renaming them is easy. Still I have a hard time seeing why nyktorion or Mardoc would do this.

uberfish Wrote:Was the boat that got pirated docked in the city then?

Nope, it was next to the city. However there was a Privateer docked inside the city which had to belong to the Sheaim which makes them the likely candidate.

I have no idea whose unit it was, but wouldn't the discord it has sowed between you and a possible war ally against Thoth be worth the hammer cost of a privateer?

Jkaen, I'll answer your question and bring you lurkers up to speed with my thoughts once I can spare the time to do so. For now though, I'll just share this with you:

Quote:Hi (I've CCed Mist as he will soon be the Elohim turnplayer)

To start with, I'd like you both to keep this confidential.

I'm becoming concerned about Heisenburg. While I am grateful that he volunteered to replace Irgy, some of his recent actions have disturbed me. The main concern is that he has broken our NAP by killing a Elohim Caravel with a Privateer without a word, which gives me the impression that he does not value peaceful relations with the Elohim. That, along with the fact that he has little motive to contribute to the dogpile (since he gains no land out of it), has lead me to believe that he will likely turn against me while my forces are dealing with Thoth.

This will unfortunately affect my commitment to the dogpile. I will say right now that I can not send troops into Malakim territory unless my other borders are safe. Given Heisenburg's recent actions, I doubt that he can provide me with that. On the other hand, I'm aware that if I don't attack the Malakim, he won't have to worry about my border with him which gives him the freedom to send more troops to your borders. Therefore it seems that the best way to solve this problem is to quickly get rid of Heisenburg so I can turn my attention back to attacking Thoth.

I know that this will delay my attack which will hurt our chances. However, I do want to make sure I'm carrying my weight, even during a unforeseen distraction. To that end I will share with you that I should be completing the Infernal Palace within a few turns and am willing to send both of you a free Iron loan if it will help either of you against Thoth. If there's some other way I can help I'd be happy to do so.

Regards,
WarriorKnight

Mist, I know that you think Mardoc's may not be worthy of an Iron gift (although he did build Hemah this turn so if he quickly builds up he may have a chance at defending), but he is still a member of the dogpile and refusing to offer him the same deal as nyktorion would likely lead to a breakup, which gives Mardoc a perfect excuse to sign a new NAP with Thoth.