As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Spoilers] What's Sheaim to do? Irgy controlling Tebryn

For some reason Photobucket's upload function seems to be down at the moment... banghead

So you guys would have to use your imagination for the time being lol

My Privateers have noticed WK counterattacking in force:
Valin, Corlindale (Snowfall), 8 Monks (Blessed), Confessor, 3 Adepts (haste, Courage)

It may only be one cast of Snowfall a turn, but I believe the Infernals would not be able to hold long and regenerate fast enough. alright

My own NAP with WK ends at 170, and he'd still have another 5 turns of Sanctuary to go... and should he turn hostile, I'm not sure if I'd manage to hold against that kind of force, especially with an extra +2 Unholy Gela on Valin. That, and because I'd be stuck with Ritualists and PZs should I fail in the Grimoire race--which might be a likely case. cry

So, Mardoc had approached me a couple of turns earlier on chat to propose a possible alliance in the future against WK and Nyktorion. rolleye
To me that was jumping the gun a lil'... especially when we haven't even started the dogpile on Thoth yet. lol
Nonetheless, I had agreed in principle to possible joint action against WK in the long term.

So I had a chat with Darrell last night and informed him about the approaching SoD... and he had seemed resigned to getting wiped out by Snowfall... but we had a proposal for him...

(1) We would try to mediate a ceasefire between the Elohim and the Infernals.
(2) We would include the Infernals in the Anti-Thoth League lol
(3) Naturally the Infernals would have to make huge concessions, such as a long term NAP with us, Iron for all, and his Mana up for grabs. Pretty much a warped vassalage, but with a way out for him.

Darrell had agreed to make the concessions, so its now whether WK agrees to it. We have also approached Nyktorion, who has shown his support for the plan. Hopefully, WK would come to an agreement under diplomatic pressure from the rest of the players (sans Thoth).

The reason for the support from the rest of "us" are obvious:
Official:
(1) We all need Iron. None of us are remotely close to Iron-working. Nyktorion's NAP with Thoth runs out at 150, hence the urgency. Mardoc wants to delay Iron-working, since he gets weak Boarding Parties, and wants to get Hemah first.
(2) Entropy. Rust. Counter's Thoth's Iron.
(3) Hyborem. The solution to Thoth's National Units should he reach Grimoire for Manevolent Designs.

(naturally I'm not at all too interested in the above, Thoth being still pretty far away...)

Unofficial:
(4) Neither Mardoc or Nyktorion wants to see WK run away if he manages to defeat both me and the Infernals.
(5) me: WK doesn't gain from Iron, he uses Confessors, Monks.
(6) The Infernals get a way "out". He might have to endure a long term NAP, but he gets a source of manes in a Thoth war, and we would agree to let him hold one of Thoth's cities, to expand from there.
(7) to refocus the civs #2,3,4 in dogpiling #1. Buying me time to get my military up, which is still sorely lacking.

and here are snippets of the Diplo exchanges for your reading pleasure~ jive

The message to Nyktorion:
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Hi Nyktorion,

WK has counterattacked in force against the Infernals--here's a screenshot of Valin, Corlindale (with snowfall), 8 Monks, Confessors, Adepts.

The Infernals might not be able to last long against that onslaught.

I would like to sound you out over the possibility of the following:

To mediate a ceasefire between the Elohim and Infernals, and to bring the Infernals into the Anti-Thoth alliance.

There are multiple possible benefits to such a plan:

(1) The Infernals are willing to loan out the Iron they own around. None of us has access to Iron, whereas Thoth has. And we aren't exactly close to Ironworking either I believe. With our NAPs running out on Thoth, and yours soon in a turn, I believe Iron weapons would be very useful in our dogpile on Thoth.

(2) In response to the National Units Thoth might be able to field, Hyborem would be the perfect counter.

Mardoc and I have discussed with Darrell, the Infernal player about this, and he is willing to make large concessions for peace, such as a long term NAP with us, and the Iron loan.

We would appreciate that you could keep the following in confidence between the few of us:

We are also worried that WK would get too powerful after finishing off the Infernals and getting the Gela. My personal forces would not be able to hold against that of WK's should he attempt to invade me soon after. And naturally keeping WK focused on the upcoming dogpile would be advantageous to you and Mardoc.

Due to the fact that the Infernals and I are stuck in WK's backyard, our survival would be able to serve as a good counter-balance to WK running away should the Anti-Thoth attack suceed and you guys assimilate Thoth's lands.

Should you also support us in the above proposal, please let me know. We could possibly press WK together diplomatically in the Anti-Thoth league to agree to it, and to discuss concrete details on action against Thoth, which should be our main focus right now.

Best Regards,
Heisenberg[/COLOR]

Other useful tidbits:

From chat with Mardoc: (his claimed army strength)
Mardoc: true, I suppose. I can't give them yet, though, since I haven't got my plans in order. I've got Saverous, 7 adepts, and a bunch of warriors so far, the rest of my army is going to have to be constructed yet.

From chat with Mardoc+Darrell:
Darrell: Heh-heh...well it was intended to let me negotiate from a position of strength

me: and he's running a Golden Age now
[COLOR="Red"]
Darrell: Okay.
Well, I have a Great Engineer soon that might have somethign to say about that
If nothing else maybe WK will wait until I deny him the IG[/COLOR]

me: lol i dont think the GE could do much though,

Darrell: (it's not 100% of course, there are some nasty GS points)

me: unless u can get it in say 10 turns

[COLOR="Red"]Darrell: Uh..2 turns?
maybe longer if I fire the scientist[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]me: haha nice

if you do get that, you'd have more bargaining power in this lol[/COLOR]

Darrell: I didn't revolt to Pascifism because I'm a hippie wink
Darrell is going for a Great Engineer to rush the Grimoire in 2 turns. With a probably 50:50 chance of hitting a Sage instead. Obviously I didn't mention going for it myself.... but we'd have to watch his GP.

Where are my diplo updates!

Note that I only needed the diplo parts smile

*cough* *cough*

I'm away on a working trip now, but have been getting the turns in as usual. I'm afraid I might start lagging on the spoiler thread there though... duh

I'll try to update as much as I can tomorrow--there has been numerous developments, and i'm gonna try getting them in one shot

So... Caravels and Pirate Ships?

Took over and played T164.
Sorry to inform the lurkers that I will not be updating much over here; for some weird reason my computer at home cannot access this forum so I can only post stuff when I'm at work.

From the looks of what I've seen last night, it seems that victory isn't likely to be mine.
Just gonna try my best and see how it goes.

I just saw Nyk's email update.
He mentioned something about caravel and privateer which could result in WK declaring war on me.
Sadly, I have no idea what went on previously, so the best I could do is to probably churn out more units to defend.

Hopefully the others send me some updates soon.

Hey Koenigsegg!

Thanks for taking over. My apologies to Heisenberg for assuming he'd rage quit and given up over the stack of WK's units on his borders. Good to know he's ok too. I'm glad someone's managed to take it over properly. Best of luck, don't worry too much about the updates I guess - at least the game's carrying on.

Irgy! I'm surprised there's still someone here!
Well Heisenberg is alive in RL, so that's one less thing to worry about.
He definitely owes all of us an explanation for this sudden disappearance.

Was out yesterday so didn't manage to play my turn.
Though I got updates from WK via email that he declared war on me.

Will probably reach home in 12 hours time to play my turn.