As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

PBEM29 Greens Tech Thread

Vets are at T27.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Oh, one other point/reminder. There is NO RUSH to replace Kuro at this immediate moment since my team may be holding the save for a few days as we head out of town for a long weekend (bachelor's party). I'm leaving tomorrow night, Thursday, and will return home in poor condition sometime on Monday, at which time I'll definitely be able to play the turns. In the meantime availability will depend on if I can get Internet on my laptop wherever we're staying and if I'm sober enough to not screw up our orders.

We can either go ahead and restart the game (I played most recently) and have me email the save to Dazed, or whoever ends up replacing Kuro, or we can take the break to see if a greener party is interested, or whatever happens. I'll repeat that I'm OK with Dazed and his omnipotent ded-lurker villain joining in, but I'm not the only vote.

In the event that we get a new player, I assume someone will need to update the roster of emails on the tracker. Who has access to that, is it Novice? Whenever the tracker is updated I can resend the most recent save to it, or I can directly email it to Dazed/Krill or whoever else replaces Kuro.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Mardoc Wrote:Vets are at T27.

So they're a bit ahead of us and Dazed may have seen more of the map than any of us. I can live with this, I don't think he would abuse this knowledge (much! lol) You guys OK with it?

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Kuro Wrote:Sorry so much guys, I couldn't actually get on my computer for a few days and, needless to say, I was not expecting it >frown So I wasn't able to bring up that I would not be able to, well, turn for a while!

I will keep it at a better pace now and hopefully maybe we can blitz and get it back on pace?

Sorry again for messin' up all that frown
To my knowledge RB doesn't have a history of booting players who are present, so I will retract my vote and suggest that we keep playing at hopefully normal turn pace.

The save is moving again. Catwalk or Slowcheetah, if you are able to play the turn in the next three to four hours I'll be able to play on my lunch break and get it to Kuro before I leave for the weekend.

Since Kuro has returned (and promised not to do it again), should I tell Dazed and (Krill) that a new player is not currently needed?

Tell them we'll see how the current turn goes. My vote is a conditional "Keep Kuro in the game until it happens again." I don't want to be unfair, but I do want to play this game. I sent the turn over to Kuro during my lunch break and emailed him with a heads up that he has it. I hope we get back into a good, quick pace.

I think we should ease up on the veiled threats and welcome Kuro back into the game. He's sorry for messing up and knows we're not happy, no use in brooding over it. And we won't have dazedroyalty + Krill killing us now smile
Hoping to see fast turns Kuro hammer

We'll be holding the save for a little today, expecting to send it sometime before 22:00 GMT. Would that be soon enough for you to play it Sian, or do you need it a bit sooner?

22gmt is so late at night that i'd probably would let it stall till tomorrow morning

21gmt is probably the latest where i'll promise to play it today tongue