As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Immortal Lewwyn, Justinian of Persia

Alright this game is super interesting. And I'm not doing it justice with the lack of updates. Lets remedy that right now. Going to spoiler some pics, others not.

[SIZE="5"]T48:[/SIZE]

[Image: Screenshot2012-01-31at30551PM.jpg]

Masonry is in. I built my first axe in the cap that has a barracks. Yay XP. Settler for gold is done in Not Her.

Demos:

[Image: Screenshot2012-01-31at30232PM.jpg]

Hey, everything looks good to me! Tops in Food, soldiers, land and pop.

[SIZE="5"]T49:[/SIZE]

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-01at10128PM.jpg]

Here we have the galley with the settler and the worker on board.

After turn ends I check demos:

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-01at10100PM.jpg]

Notice anything odd? Someones building an army...

[SIZE="5"]T50:[/SIZE]

Demos:

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-02at121255PM.jpg]

The trend of army building continues. I'm sure its Gaspar/Noble. My only reasonable course of action is to:

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-02at121336PM.jpg]

Declare War!
Things I know... NG has copper, 2 actually since they popped one an extra one on a mine. Their soldiers are increasing. They haven't gotten Horses, but they do have stone which means they do have masonry. I'm currently trying to grab Judaism, mostly for denial, I also want OR.

I building a barracks in Not Me. If I want them NOT to be able to attack while I prepare I need unbreakable peace. SO I declare war - and offer peace. If they ACCEPT peace I can switch off Axe builds, and delay military. If they DON"T I need to build more. lol

Seriously... you think you guys can catch me sleeping?

[SIZE="5"]T51:[/SIZE]

They didn't accept peace:

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-03at22710PM.jpg]

Axes please. You can see I'm about 4-5 tiles from NG. That means 4-5 turns till their stack could reach. Their military is climbing:

Demos:

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-03at25131PM.jpg]

One good thing is I got that Gold city settled:

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-03at22721PM.jpg]

+2 gold trade routes in every city? YES PLEASE! Also this city has fish on the other side of the island, awesome.

I offer peace again.

[SIZE="5"]T52:[/SIZE]

Peace Declined.

In which I go sign crazy...

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-04at74856PM.jpg]

Here's my south. Good stuff. Another WB almost to that fish there. You can see this inner island has wheat and is probably connected to NG's gold. I should build immortals and sack it. Man I need missionaries. GO MONOTHEISM! 1 more turn and I'll snag Judaism, and probably piss someone off. Dunno who, but someone. I have Furs being hooked up next turn so I allowed the cap to grow into unhappy EOT, it will be fine next turn. Also... lots of signs.

Norther shot:

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-04at74800PM.jpg]

Factory maze is settled, not where I would have settled it, I mean come on, canal city! But look, it sets them up to settle another city right in my grill. *sigh* 10 bucks says he settles on that PH and is a thorn in my side until the end of time. Really want a sentry on that peninsula there. I have an axe ready to be whipped next turn in Not Them if I need it. Otherwise I switch back to granary and remind myself how long until it starts to decay.

Demos:

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-04at74737PM.jpg]

I'm back on top in soldier points with me new axes. 25 points up on the next rival crop WooT!

I offer peace again.

[SIZE="5"]T53:[/SIZE]

Peace Declined.

So this is when shit gets wild. First off in events I notice NG has declared war on No7. Also, No7 finishes the colossus... UGH. Then:

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-05at112113AM.jpg]

ARG! RED ALERT! Exploring Warrior finds 4 Bowmen. Bowmen? Jesus, I forgot about them. I seriously didn't think he'd build them to ATTACK with. That's some funky stuff right there. And they get Drill 1 from PRO. banghead

But fear not yo. I whip the axe in Not Them, I have another axe close behind plus one coming from the cap, plus a spear in production behind! (NG's copper/horse cities borders popped so he has horses for chariots now.) Now I know some of you may say, axes? WHat are you doing Lewwyn? Bowmen get 50% vs axes! And you'd be correct sir. Luckily, I built Not Them on a hill. These axes will also have C1, also they will get maybe 10-15% fort bonus. We will have odds! ([SIZE="1"]barely[/SIZE]).

Additionally, one bowman is hurt from killing No7's scout or warrior. Also, if he wants to kill my warrior one bowman will move away from the city. Also, if I can get my damn borders to pop, I'll have horses and immortals which get 50% bonus vs these Bowmen. They can't break me but they could stop me from working my silver, disconnect it. Oh well I'll build another silver city! To the NE!

I also think its possible NG will use the bowmen stack to safeguard a new city build on that PH that I specified earlier.

At home:

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-05at113437AM.jpg]

Yay settlers. One is finished, one is finished next EOT. Both will move on the designated lines. One to each city. You can't slow me down NG.

Also, Booya, Judaism. I'll switch religion next turn to pop Not Him's borders, pls I'll switch into OR and give Not him a bonus to building that granary. ALso I'll be able to start Hindu missionaries in Not Her and Not Me.

Now to get Priesthood>Writing>Maths>Currency. Priest and writing will be quick and easy. Math less so, currency, limp baby limp. Maybe I'll get a library up and runs some Sci specs. I WILL be building a Temple in Not Him and running a priest. I need my first GP to be a GProphet for shrine, most likely Hindu. I'm going to need boats once my opponents get astro to protect those coastal cities.

Demos:

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-05at113449AM.jpg]

Everything is right with the world.

Offered NG peace. :neenernee
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

MOAR UPDATES, good thing Gaspar and NH are updating with such abandon

SO let's start with:

[SIZE="5"]T54:[/SIZE]

When we last left the Persian Empire, We'd just won Judaism. SO this turn I switched into it and OR. This popped Not Him's borders EOT. I was actually switching into OR to help Not Him build it's granary, but when the borders popped it started working another FP instead of the PH mine, thus wasting the OR bonus. Le sigh.

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-06at10359PM.jpg]

Additionally one can see that I did in fact lose the warrior which means one less bowman to worry about reaching my city in the stack. At that point I knew I didn't have to worry.

A warrior is preceding the Bowmen stack. I set an axe on the silver so that he couldn't stand on the silver.

Demos:
[Image: Screenshot2012-02-06at10437PM.jpg]

[SIZE="5"]T55:[/SIZE]

The bowmen showed up:

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-07at13609PM.jpg]

Demos:
[Image: Screenshot2012-02-07at13551PM.jpg]

[SIZE="5"]T56:[/SIZE]

And then Gaspar/NH declared peace. Basically just wanted to make me build military, which is fine, because I need the units for MP anyway. I have many cities. Including my newest:

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-09at124807PM.jpg]

Demos;
[Image: Screenshot2012-02-09at124743PM.jpg]

[SIZE="5"]T57:[/SIZE]

And again a new city:

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-10at35632PM.jpg]

9 cities now. Go, go Economy crash!

Demos:
[Image: Screenshot2012-02-10at35648PM.jpg]

[SIZE="5"]T58:[/SIZE]

This turn sort of disgusted me. I was curious why Mackoti had such a high GNP. I knew he had the GLH. He only has 6 cities. But for fucks sake guys:

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-11at121646PM.jpg]

Both of my opponents are feeding the GLH beast. I mean WTF. I know Gaspar/NH don't want No7 to win and would prefer they lost. But then you have No7 doing it to probably trying to secure Mackoti as a long term ally. This is a fucking disaster. Not only this, but:

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-11at121547PM.jpg]

Mackoti has currency so his coastal cities are getting 4TRs per city. AND THEY"RE ALL FREAKING FOREIGN. Honestly, this is insane. I was sure that everyone would avoid feeding the beast, and yet here we are fucking ourselves over. Well eff that. Eff that to hell. I have a galley and I have axes and I can reach Mackoti.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

The above still pisses me off but I've calmed down. I've got my galley headed south though with an axe and spear on it. We'll go "Exploring" looking for "opportunities". Maybe I'll catch Mackoti unprepared. I do doubt it though.

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-12at114300AM.jpg]

I'm building libraries and gold. I will wait till I have libraries in most cities (whips likely) then use all gold to get straight to currency. I switched back to Hinduism and now 5 cities are getting the OR bonus. Will be helpful for whipping libraries. I have about 5 cottage/hamlets maturing in the next 2 turns + 3 new cottages getting settled in new cities. Hopefully this will help my finances. Also started working on the GPriest in Not Me.

I have one advantage over my opponents. I have settled more land and cities. I need to turn my land and cities into an economic weapon.

I'm sending my galley with one axe.

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-13at10916PM.jpg]

Mack has a city on this island. I wonder if its defended.

Demos:
[Image: Screenshot2012-02-13at10817PM.jpg]

More cottage growth. Working on Libs. I'm good in everything but GNP. Limp to Currency FTW!

up...date...

[SIZE="5"]T62:[/SIZE]

Oh hello mack:

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-14at22225PM.jpg]

Demos:
[Image: Screenshot2012-02-14at35833AM.jpg]

[SIZE="5"]T63:[/SIZE]

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-15at23749PM.jpg]

Poor Scout. Mack killed it with "Axeman", even though he has vultures. He had a spear and chariot there. Did he rename one of those or rename a vulture? I'm guessing the chariot.

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-15at25606PM.jpg]

My Galley is still on its way.

Demos:
[Image: Screenshot2012-02-15at24608PM.jpg]

[SIZE="5"]T64:[/SIZE]

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-16at32918PM.jpg]

He found my galley offered me his entire treasury of 5 gold. I declined.

[SIZE="5"]T65:[/SIZE]

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-17at40659PM.jpg]

Getting closer. Apparently no cities on islands on this side of his land. Sucks.

Turned tech up. Forgot to mention I built libraries the last 5 turns in all 5 of my main commerce cities. Math in 1 turn thank you very much.

Demos:
[Image: Screenshot2012-02-17at40637PM.jpg]

#1 GNP suckas. Who says I need to be FIN or have Collossus, GLH or Mids? Honestly people bug out too much when you can do just fine even without those. I used OR to speed the production of those libs. I'm the only one in OR because I'm SPI and it'd didn't cost me anything to switch. Folks, leverage your traits...

[SIZE="5"]T66:[/SIZE]

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-18at60301PM.jpg]

Freshly built archer. I forced Mack to tech archer and pop an archer here. If I had 2 axes I could have razed the city. As it was, Mack finally had more gold on hand. I wanted to finish currency in 2 turns. I didn't have enough gold to finish it in 2 turns. I offered Mack peace for enough gold +10 to finish currency. Basically I'm squeezing him.

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-18at60340PM.jpg]

He did however get a silver city which is annoying.

Demos:
[Image: Screenshot2012-02-18at60238PM.jpg]

Still #1 GNP.

[SIZE="5"]T67:[/SIZE]

Mackoti accepted peace. I get my gold.

Go, go GP! With a GPriest I'll be getting 10+ gpt from the shrine.

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-19at53616PM.jpg]

4 Settlers are being whipped and moved. Once I get another city on the island it will be +2 trs per city at the least.

Demos:
[Image: Screenshot2012-02-19at53750PM.jpg]
2nd in GNP, but these are inflated since I'll be running 0% tech next.

A few more:

[SIZE="5"]T68:[/SIZE]

NobleGaspar are planting that city where I thought they would. Called it 20 turns ago.

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-20at42338PM.jpg]

Settler on the move:

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-20at42532PM.jpg]

[SIZE="5"]T69:[/SIZE]

NobleGas settle 3 cities. Good for them they need to catch up.

Should I settle stone next?

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-21at81636AM.jpg]

Maybe. In any case I don't think I'll be settling on the main land there. If I do it will be a filler site. I might instead have that settler go south and settle more of the center.

[SIZE="5"]T70:[/SIZE]

I settle 3 cities this turn:

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-22at11506PM.jpg]
[Image: Screenshot2012-02-22at11636PM.jpg]

The island one increased my TRs. The mainland center one sets a border with Mackoti. The north one just gets me more resources and will grow into production.

Building markets. All cities will also have Hindusim for the shrine.

[SIZE="5"]T71:[/SIZE]

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-23at23858PM.jpg]

Great Priest. Not much else.

Oh I forgot. Seven sent me OB if I gave him 3gpt. I declined and sent him OB if he gave me 4gpt. He decline and sent me OB. I declined this turn. Screw 'em. I have at least 2C trade routes in all cities and OB with Gaspar. I have no need to help my greatest rival.

Okay here we go.

My land:

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-25at32641PM.jpg]

The test:

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-25at32659PM.jpg]

Will NobleGas take the worker? The city? I have OB with them and no one else. Since our earlier confrontation we have not fought each other or impinged on each others interests. I put the worker on that tile to farm the corn this turn. If they takes it, it's all war. If they don't, maybe we can see about Seven, the current frontrunner.

Seven's mistake:

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-25at34305PM.jpg]

He took NobleGaspar's silver. Now, the above test will tell me whether NobleGas is going to attack attack me or Seven. They have to come after one of us for the silver. If they don't make a move they'll fall further behind. If he doesn't take the worker, I know I can trust them enough to possibly help attack 7. Maybe as a show of good faith I gift them an immortal. Thus they'd understand my actions. Also I'd like to spread Hinduism into their lands. Next turn I get my shrine. This way I tie them closer to me. "We will not fight with our brothers and sisters of the faith!"

So yes. Seven's aggression here is going to open the door for me to cultivate a stronger bond with NobleGas.

The power graph:

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-25at34455PM.jpg]

No7 is on top, barely. NobleGas is right behind. I'm betting that's not a coincidence.

Let's hope my worker is left alone and I can begin alliance preparations.

Huzzah!

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-26at33413PM.jpg]

Thank god that worked. With the test passed we will continue with Operation Alliance.

Also:

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-26at33429PM.jpg]

Hi Mackoti. Good thing we have a unbreakable peace and I'm ahead of you in turn order.

The best news of the turn was:

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-26at33451PM.jpg]

Shrine up. Market up in shrine city. Time to spread Hinduism to NobleGas.

Demos:
[Image: Screenshot2012-02-26at33606PM.jpg]

I wonder if I should tech MC or IW next. I'm thinking MC. I want triremes to hold off Mack and Seven when I start settling the other ocean. Plus I get forges faster which means more bonus hammers faster.

This game moves at a nice 1 turn per day pace. Good to have a game like clockwork. The downside is I have to update a lot. rolleye

[SIZE="5"]T74:[/SIZE]

Second test of Operation alliance:

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-27at13551PM.jpg]

Let's see if they get riled up about my Immortal on their door.

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-27at13615PM.jpg]

I need to get a settler here ASAP. Riverside Grass cows? Yes please. Would love to take the north wheat and block Noble gas from settling north of those peaks. Same for Mack in the south peaks.

Demos:
[Image: Screenshot2012-02-27at13657PM.jpg]

I have CoL set next to tech because I'm thinking I can steal Confucianism next turn and deny more religions.

Also this turn Mack built the Hanging Gardens and No7 built the Great Library. I think Mack has also built the MoM. I haven't cared so much because as awesome as all of those wonders are, I'm not in a position to build them. I haven't targeted them, or spent beakers getting to them. No7 has teched Aesthetics and Lit to get the GL. I considered going for the Hanging Gardens, but I never got my stone hooked up in time. Instead I'm settling elsewhere and building libraries. I need those libraries in order to keep up with the GLH and Mids.

But I should target some wonders right? I've decided I'll grab the Apolostic Palace, Spiral Minaret, and University Sankore. Religious economy? Sure why the hell not. Oh and I'm going to spread Hinduism throughout NobleGas. As my state religion they should get the benefit too. I want to help prop them up and use them to drag No7 down. As long as I get Hinduism into all their cities it will make it extremely hard happywise for them to go to war with me.

[SIZE="5"]T75:[/SIZE]

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-28at35623PM.jpg]

Immortal gifted.

More cows:

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-28at35842PM.jpg]

Not Yours will probably be where I build AP:

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-28at35913PM.jpg]

It's still a port city but at least its semi protected by a cove. Also, forest to chop into the wonder

Demos:
[Image: Screenshot2012-02-28at35948PM.jpg]

So I lost Confucianism. Someone got it. I believe it was Mackoti based on the time and turn order. Instead of teching CoL I switched back to MC. I will 1turn tech MC and start getting forges up before teching Theology and grabbing Christianity. The important thing is that GasparNoble don't have any other religions.

I have to formats some more screenies to update more turns.

Updating this thread is always such a pain because there's so much going on and there's a lot of thinking involved. lol

[SIZE="5"]T76:[/SIZE]

Want to settle ASAP:

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-29at54339PM.jpg]

Operation make NobleGas my brothers in the faith in progress:

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-29at53851PM.jpg]

Demos:

[Image: Screenshot2012-02-29at53834PM.jpg]

[SIZE="5"]T77:[/SIZE]

NOOOO!

[Image: Screenshot2012-03-01at50815PM.jpg]

NobleGas brings settler!

Hello Mackoti:

[Image: Screenshot2012-03-01at50835PM.jpg]

I built wealth and got IW done in 1T.

[Image: Screenshot2012-03-01at50845PM.jpg]

There's my Iron. Under the city. Crap.
Comm I have to say I love the map but I looked at everyone's iron placement and I'm the only one with iron on a coastal hill. Why? I mean I feel like the coast is natural to settle. I feel like I was SUPPOSE to settle that city 1 South so that I got the seafood and the iron. Oh well.

Demos:
[Image: Screenshot2012-03-02at32231PM.jpg]

AT 100% tech I'm not far behind the leader and considering all the wonders those guys have build pushing up their culture there's a good chance I'm even or better.

[SIZE="5"]T78:[/SIZE]

Hello mack's workers!

[Image: Screenshot2012-03-02at31510PM.jpg]

I probably won't attack. Unless he leaves them uncovered.

Yours and mine:

[Image: Screenshot2012-03-02at31535PM.jpg]

Oh hello NoSeven:

[Image: Screenshot2012-03-02at31851PM.jpg]

I'm bring reinforcements just in case... LOL who am I kidding I want to declare war and ask for a gold for peace.

Demos:
[Image: Screenshot2012-03-02at32231PM.jpg]

GNP looks lame at 0%

[SIZE="5"]T79:[/SIZE]

NUUUUUUUUUU!

[Image: Screenshot2012-03-03at53742PM.jpg]

Mack beat me to settling by 1 turn. 1 goddamn turn and I could have block him off. Instead now I'm blocked off from the delicious grass cows entirely. Now I have to get the settler on the galley and put it on the marble island. BTW on the other side you can see NoSeven's borders on what I assume is another island that NobleGas didn't get.

Remember that Immortal on NoSeven's border? He offered me OB again.
Heh, heh, heh.

[Image: Screenshot2012-03-03at53712PM.jpg]

WAR BITCHES! They brought a spear up to cover the warrior and retreated the workers. I figure I can move the immortal in and reinforce with the stack if he kills the immortal I kill his spear with an axe and I win on the hammer exchange. Plus I get to see his city. So I wardecced and moved in. City is empty and size 1. His spear and warrior are out of position I have 1 immortal, 1 spear and 2 axes in my larger stack. I have a pretty good shot at razing/taking this city. I'm betting its grown and been whipped so it won't autoraze. I want to take it and then gift it to NobleGas... for a bit of gold of course. I offer NoSeven peace for the city. We'll see if he takes it or if I have to fight him for it. Hell for all I know he could have a couple axes 2 turns away, but for all I know, he doesn't.

Centralia:
[Image: Screenshot2012-03-03at53822PM.jpg]

Demos:
[Image: Screenshot2012-03-03at53752PM.jpg]

Getting closer to Theo for AP.