As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Chairmen NobleHelium and Gaspar Demand Your Presence in the Collective

oledavy Wrote:I thought we were already AW with Lewwyn wink

Looks good for mackoti, then. wink
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

So we played a turn last night. Lots of bits and pieces of new info, but nothing too terribly fascinating.

Over in the West Indies, we discovered the valley of the grassland cows. That has us reconsidering our dotmap over there. You can also see in this shot that N7 moved their trireme away from threatening our seafood.

[Image: t71a.jpg]

The blue circle represents our originally planned settlement. The red circle represent our current thought there, which take advantage of the cows. The white box is the only possible current location of the N7 trireme. Also note the Persian borders in the left of that shot. Lewwyn settled three new cities this turn, the southern borders there represent one of those new cities.

[Image: t71b.jpg]

Our scout in the jungle discovered that N7 aren't the only ones who aggressively settled towards a neighbor. Here you can see mackoti's borders in the jungle. Knowing mackoti I'd highly doubt however that he just plunked down a city a billion miles from his other settlements.

Speaking of mackoti:

[Image: t71c.jpg]

A little disappointing, but a lot better for the long-term health of the game than N7 GE rushing it. I assume we'll see them use that Engy on GLib now, but time will tell.

[Image: t71d.jpg]

You can see here that as expected, N7 moved their chariot in such a way as to be able to see the unguarded city of Factory Mine. In response, we whipped a Bowman with enough overflow for most of another unit next turn.

Also, and we actually both missed this when we originally played the turn, but N7 have settled up against us in the tundra as well. It looks like we're going to be shut out of silver without some changes to the gameplan:

[Image: t71e.jpg]

Fail gold from MoM plus this additional turn at max tax should allow us to get HBR in 2t now. We'll see what we can see about these annoying settlements.

[Image: t71f.jpg]

Also, I really hate when I make a post and 14 seconds later someones posting something in Catwalk's thread bumping us off the main page. I have no idea what's going on in the greens game and for that matter don't actually care since its a diplo game and hence bears no resemblance to this one. But I have read many, many Catwalk posts and there is absolutely no way that there is anything interesting being said in that thread.

[endsourgrapes]

Sorry. Actually, it's the standard flumoxed query, so you're not far wrong. Ernie is a bit daft, eh?

Also, rar horse archers. Somehow comunicate to Lewwyn that he needs to attack Mackoti, and then kill the 'mids holders!
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Gaspar Wrote:We'll see what we can see about these annoying settlements.

I hate to suggest a deja vu action - but why go for the settlements when you could go for the pyramids+colossus? Wouldn't that pay just a tad bit better?
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Mardoc Wrote:I hate to suggest a deja vu action - but why go for the settlements when you could go for the pyramids+colossus? Wouldn't that pay just a tad bit better?

I've actually thought about that quite a bit. The problem is there's not a really realistic place we can do that right now. I think more likely if we can lock down a few border sites then we can see what we can see about going ahead from there. I mean I'm not guaranteeing we're going to do anything. But we've definitely reached a point where we have to think about doing something before other teams are too far ahead for us to have that possibility.

Would you take the bait?

[Image: t73a.jpg]

Gaspar Wrote:Would you take the bait?

Of course <Lurker Redacted>, we're talking about <Lurker Redacted>. After that <Lurker Redacted> and attack <Lurker Redacted> Should be easy <Lurker Redacted> though it is Lewwyn.

Ceiliazul Wrote:Of course <Lurker Redacted>, we're talking about <Lurker Redacted>. After that <Lurker Redacted> and attack <Lurker Redacted> Should be easy <Lurker Redacted> though it is Lewwyn.

lol

I owe you guys 2 turn reports, though they'll probably wait until tomorrow.

I'll leave a cliffhanger since there's no way Lewwyn updates 2 days in a row. Here are the facts:
  • Noble wanted to take the worker before we talked.
  • I wasn't sure what I wanted to do.
  • I guessed that his uncovered worker probably meant his city was empty.
  • Our chariot is positioned in such a way that it could have taken the worker or razed his city if it was indeed empty.
  • Seven is threatening us with both a chariot at Factory Mine and a Trireme at Factory Drift.
  • Overall we have more in-game antipathy towards Seven than Lewwyn at the moment.
  • We still have plenty of anger towards Lewwyn for the start.
  • We finished HBR this turn.

Given that set of info - what do you think we did?

Options are:

1. Took his worker.
  2. Attacked his city.
  3. Scouted his city but did not attack.

A cookie to anyone who guesses correctly. smile

Mardoc Wrote:I have enough trouble paying attention to the details in my own games

So I've noticed. wink

tongue
fnord