As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Anyone want to try a MP game with the craziest possible variant?

spacetyrantxenu Wrote:Proposed variant to the variant: 5 bonus points to whoever can kill the first carpet of doom.

Can human players even handle the hammers and gold costs of mantaining a carpet of doom?

In my games I know I never could. Games played awhile ago . . .

So, I signed up successfully. Do I need to download the desktop app for this to work for all of us?

oledavy Wrote:So, I signed up successfully. Do I need to download the desktop app for this to work for all of us?

Yeah. They say it will be possible without the desktop app later but for now it's necessary.

SevenSpirits Wrote:Yeah. They say it will be possible without the desktop app later but for now it's necessary.

Okay, Desktop App downloaded. However, it installed to the Windows Partition on my Mac. I will be running CiV on Snow Leopard. Do you know if this will still work?

oledavy Wrote:Okay, Desktop App downloaded. However, it installed to the Windows Partition on my Mac. I will be running CiV on Snow Leopard. Do you know if this will still work?

No it won't, the two operating systems don't talk to each other.

BRickAstley Wrote:No it won't, the two operating systems don't talk to each other.

Do you know if this the case even when running the windows partition simultaneously on Parallels?

oledavy Wrote:- I would personally prefer 5-6 players.
4 is fine, more than 5 starts getting tricky to coordinate.
oledavy Wrote:- Speed: Quick
Yup.
oledavy Wrote:- Map Type: Pangaea
Yup.
oledavy Wrote:- No Non-Default Settings
Ruins off? Or do we want someone to upgrade his starting warrior to a tank by a string of lucky rolls?
oledavy Wrote:- I would prefer picking civs. However, I would also suggest banning France. Last I checked in with CiV, France absolutely dominates the multiplayer. Additionally, if everyone has a DLC (like the free Mongolia DLC), I suggest we allow picking of that/those civ(s).
I have no DLCs. Don't really care here, I stopped playing this shortly after purchase and have no clue what's strong. My picks would still be essentially random.
oledavy Wrote:- AI Diplo, I already have enough on my plate and don't want to spend all day composing emails to sweet talk someone into an NAP.
AI Diplo or CTON.

Mist Wrote:Ruins off? Or do we want someone to upgrade his starting warrior to a tank by a string of lucky rolls?

Didn't they patch it so that a unit can get only one upgrade from ruins?

No idea. As I said, I stopped playing this few weeks after purchase and never touched MP ( I think it wasn't even functional back then lol)

If they did, then wonderful, I don't mind ruins wink

Mist Wrote:4 is fine, more than 5 starts getting tricky to coordinate.

Um I signed up but it seems that my sign up and opinions were missed as a new page was made. If you have me that 5 players.

So here it is for what its worth

fire&ice' Wrote:This is a sign up from me. Unless you decide to stick with 4 in which case I can get some popcorn and lurk.

map size: the default map size for our number of players

* Speed? quick

* Map type? I think we should go random

* Other non-default settings? Um Can we turn on promotion and policy saving? Everything else we can leave at normal whatever that is.

* Civs? Um I have mogolia DLC somehow. Other then that I don't think we should restrict any civ's because nobody realy knows balance for civ 5. I am willing to be proved wrong on that last point

* Diplo? I don't care one bit.

* Something I forgot? I can't think of anything else

edit: GMR the PBEM automation program seems to work for me.