As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS]Luddite: A Man, A Plan, An Also-Ran

Not necessarily so regarding the CS bulb. So long as you don't research masonry, monotheism is blocked and that in turn means that theology is blocked, opening up the CS bulb. Off course that means no org rel until after CS.

ironstar Wrote:Not necessarily so regarding the CS bulb. So long as you don't research masonry, monotheism is blocked and that in turn means that theology is blocked, opening up the CS bulb. Off course that means no org rel until after CS.

Unfortunately they changed the bulb order in BTS, so now masonry gets bulbed before Code of Laws and Civil Service.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=140952

luddite Wrote:Unfortunately they changed the bulb order in BTS, so now masonry gets bulbed before Code of Laws and Civil Service.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=140952

Ah... Good thing we didn't follow that plan then smoke

A liberalism lightbulb though... Don't think I've ever seen that before. Should be fun to see if it works out. That definitely looks like it takes quite a bit of tech juggling to pull off, just from looking at the tech preference list.

It's not too bad, you just have to research compass and metal casting while avoiding machinery. I've seen much more ridiculous bulb schemes, like one that avoided fishing and pottery for half the game lol

But we'll see how things develop. It might make more sense to just make an academy and research liberalism normally.

Seems pretty clear now that the mountains form a V shape opening upwards.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0416.jpg]

Scooter got a tech last turn, which must have been hunting. I just got agriculture, Sian and AT got techs too. AT must have gotten agriculture, not sure about Sian, maybe pottery?

Ooh I found gems! Pretty certain now that I'll want to settle my second city 1N of the Oasis. That will pick up rice, gems, oasis, lots of flood plains, and share some tiles with the capital.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0417.jpg]

I'm just assuming that the south is totally closed off by peaks, but at some point I should send down a scout to make sure...

Turns are coming fast and furious, which is nice. AT just got another tech. Must have been hunting, to come this fast. I'm not going to bother doing demographic analysis to figure out the exact tech everyone researches, I'll just take my best guess.

Opening save... crossing fingers... YES, no one else got buddhism. I knew it was unlikely, but still nice to get it. I now have mini-creative!
Also, my scouting warrior discovered marble in the north. I'll have to make sure I get that online in time for the MoM.

turn 10 demos, no tech selected:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0424.jpg]

Gogo Hydra? Hinjubudism!
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Actually I'm hoping that I DON'T get any other religions. With just one religion, you can let it spread naturally throughout all your cities and barely have to build any missionaries. And I'm pretty sure that with Spi/Exp, scooter will want to actively pursue early monotheism and CoL. He might actually land ALL the other religions (besides Christianity and Islam) lol.