As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS]Luddite: A Man, A Plan, An Also-Ran

Yup, forgot about there being two hill boni. smoke

This is why I quit in PBEM19 after building. I was either going to have to fight bang or win by culture, and we know that is impossible in RB MP.
Completed: SG2-Wonders or Else!; SG3-Monarch Can't Hold Me; WW3-Surviving Wolf; PBEM3-Replacement for Timmy of Khmer; PBEM11-Screwed Up Huayna Capac of Zulu; PBEM19-GES, Roland & Friends (Mansa of Egypt); SG4-Immortality Scares Me

So, Scooter did not take the bait. Instead he moved onto the horses, threatening Brisby and my capital:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0459.jpg]

So on the plus side, he won't be able to disconnect my supply of stone, but it does force me to build an archer in the capital. With an archer, chariot, and warrior defending a hill city with 60% defense should be safe.

I moved down both the chariots that I built last turn, and built another in Brisby (making ridiculous tile choices as you see heresmile
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0458.jpg]

So here's the current situation. Next turn Scooter can take a crack at my capital if he really wants to... he has about 2% odds to win all 3 battles I guess. Or he can just pillage my horses/cows. Either way, next turn his chariots are going to die.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0463.jpg]

In the NW, AT sent up a lone archer named "sacrificial lamb". I had a chariot, but needed it south to fight scooter, and didn't feel like taking the 50-50 shot with my own archers so I just let it live.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0460.jpg]

And in the NE I'm being risky and finishing the Oracle with just 1 warrior defending:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0462.jpg]

I'm first in power now. Slowly winning the arms race against scooter:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0464.jpg]

Oracle picture is missing.
I have to run.

novice Wrote:Oracle picture is missing.

Thanks, it's fixed now. I didn't have quite enough to finish the Oracle this turn, but it should finish next turn with a lot of overflow.

So as long I'm secure next turn, I should be able to finish the pyramids in 3 turns. However, if Scooter pillages my horses and cows (which he almost certainly will) then the only way is to take math with the oracle.

Do it. Mids are too important. And then spam at least 2 more settlers and have your cap finish HGs.
Completed: SG2-Wonders or Else!; SG3-Monarch Can't Hold Me; WW3-Surviving Wolf; PBEM3-Replacement for Timmy of Khmer; PBEM11-Screwed Up Huayna Capac of Zulu; PBEM19-GES, Roland & Friends (Mansa of Egypt); SG4-Immortality Scares Me

Scooter must be hung over from his graduation. Here's what he did with his War Chariots this turn:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0465.jpg]

Huh? He didn't pillage! jive I have no idea why, but OK I'll take it.

archer against healthy WC: 3.8% LOSS but WC down to 55HP
archer against 2nd healthy WC: 3.8% LOSS but WC down to 40HP
archer against wounded WC: 22% LOSS but WC down to 43HP
Then my 3 chariots cleaned up at 95%+ odds =)

Oracle done, and since he didn't pillage, I don't need mathematics to finish the mids in 3 turns. I can't see any possible way to finish them next turn, even if I do take math and use slavery, so I'm just going to take HBR like I had originally planned. Mids will finish in 3 turns with 2 chops and regular production.

Oh, and the new demos. They're finally catching up to me in food! Most interestly, it was the "rival worst" stat that went down after killing Scooter's chariots, not the "rival best". So it must be Sian with the largest army (I have graphs on AT and it's not him). Scooter must be going for the pyramids.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0466.jpg]

Luddite doesn't need fancy metals to beat off evil war chariots. Luddite chases war chariots into the forest, and throws sticks at them. Luddite builds large impressive buildings of stone and marble, then sends own non-war chariots to taunt evil war chariots. War chariots die of embarrassment.

SevenSpirits Wrote:Luddite doesn't need fancy metals to beat off evil war chariots. Luddite chases war chariots into the forest, and throws sticks at them. Luddite builds large impressive buildings of stone and marble, then sends own non-war chariots to taunt evil war chariots. War chariots die of embarrassment.

lol
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

SevenSpirits Wrote:Luddite doesn't need fancy metals to beat off evil war chariots. Luddite chases war chariots into the forest, and throws sticks at them. Luddite builds large impressive buildings of stone and marble, then sends own non-war chariots to taunt evil war chariots. War chariots die of embarrassment.

Let's hope the same plan works against horse archers and knights! lol