As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS]Luddite: A Man, A Plan, An Also-Ran

luddite Wrote:Don't forget that HG also requires an aqueduct. It's definitely profitable, it's just a question of whether it's MORE profitable than the other things I could build (like workers, a granary, another settler). I think I'll have to wait and see where we're at after building a granary there at least.

Freaking aqueduct. It's the little crap like that I forget. bang

In that scenario, it mainly matters how many cities you can safely get. If the number is 8+ cities, it is probably worth it.
Completed: SG2-Wonders or Else!; SG3-Monarch Can't Hold Me; WW3-Surviving Wolf; PBEM3-Replacement for Timmy of Khmer; PBEM11-Screwed Up Huayna Capac of Zulu; PBEM19-GES, Roland & Friends (Mansa of Egypt); SG4-Immortality Scares Me

I'm planning to get just 6 cities. Maaaaybe 7 if i squeeze in a small one to pick up the sheep. I still think the HG would be good though- with the GE points from that and the mids I could pop a GE and rush the Taj...

If you ran a forge engineer, between HGs, Mids, and forge, you could actually run 3 engineers.
Completed: SG2-Wonders or Else!; SG3-Monarch Can't Hold Me; WW3-Surviving Wolf; PBEM3-Replacement for Timmy of Khmer; PBEM11-Screwed Up Huayna Capac of Zulu; PBEM19-GES, Roland & Friends (Mansa of Egypt); SG4-Immortality Scares Me

Of course one drawback to that plan is that with industrious and marble, a GE just doesn't save me that many hammers. Might be better to go for the MoM and focus on golden ages instead (Like I originally planned!)

Who says you have to use the GE for rush-building? And even if you do, don't forgot about National Epics. Stuff like Oxfords or Globe potentially like to be built in cities with low production, making a GE ideal for rushing those.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

luddite Wrote:This is a good point. I'll take it down.

At the pace this game started it won't be spoilerish for long. After that :neenernee

If you are in Rep, a settled GEngineer would be pretty valuable. But that is a good point about rushing wonders. Any wonders you want that don't get a marble/stone bonus?

Also, here is a question I have wondered. When a GEngineer doesn't provide enough hammers to rush a wonder completely, do you get the 50% IND bonus to the GEngineer hammers? My gut says no, but I am not certain.

No, no production modifiers apply to the great engineer hammers.
I have to run.

novice Wrote:No, no production modifiers apply to the great engineer hammers.

That was fast.

pindicator Wrote:Who says you have to use the GE for rush-building? And even if you do, don't forgot about National Epics. Stuff like Oxfords or Globe potentially like to be built in cities with low production, making a GE ideal for rushing those.

You mean bulbing machinery/engineering? That could be fun I suppose.

The only wonders I can think of without a resource requirement that would be useful are the AP and The pentagon. Or SoL just because it's so expensive I guess.