As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS]Luddite: A Man, A Plan, An Also-Ran

SevenSpirits Wrote:Metal Casting, that's for casting away useless metals, right?

I thought it was to cast auditions for metal

Playing the part of your defense this evening will be the Horse Archer

Quote:4 workers for 3 cities seems approximately fine. smile

How about for 5 with a settler on the way? crazyeye
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

2 of them don't count, they don't have a single improvable tile. smile

(you might be forgetting one wonder... MoM)

luddite Wrote:(you might be forgetting one wonder... MoM)

You quit. You're banned from this thread. Quitter. wink
Completed: SG2-Wonders or Else!; SG3-Monarch Can't Hold Me; WW3-Surviving Wolf; PBEM3-Replacement for Timmy of Khmer; PBEM11-Screwed Up Huayna Capac of Zulu; PBEM19-GES, Roland & Friends (Mansa of Egypt); SG4-Immortality Scares Me

We're up to turn 62 now and I just finished Metal Casting at end of turn. Cheap forge in the capital and then we're on to Calendar. Yes, Calendar before Currency. Why, you ask? This is why:

[Image: pbem36-turn062-thenorth.jpg]

I need a lot of workers and settlers. The city sites aren't marked in stone; i may shift them around a little. But I need more of everything it seems.

Edit: Duh, settle on the silver. That's the only way to hook it up and it gets some nice internal routes.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

I thought it would be luxury heaven up there. The southern end of the map was noticeably devoid of them.

When scooter was trying to get me to take over for Luddite, he mentioned wanting to call the game for Luddite at that time. While Luddite definitely had a very nifty beginning, all that open space up north means this game is far from finished.
Completed: SG2-Wonders or Else!; SG3-Monarch Can't Hold Me; WW3-Surviving Wolf; PBEM3-Replacement for Timmy of Khmer; PBEM11-Screwed Up Huayna Capac of Zulu; PBEM19-GES, Roland & Friends (Mansa of Egypt); SG4-Immortality Scares Me

Gold Ergo Sum Wrote:I thought it would be luxury heaven up there. The southern end of the map was noticeably devoid of them.

When scooter was trying to get me to take over for Luddite, he mentioned wanting to call the game for Luddite at that time. While Luddite definitely had a very nifty beginning, all that open space up north means this game is far from finished.

Unless I fill it up first. I think all I'm going to build are units, settlers, and workers for a while.

Hahahahahahaha, yeah right. I almost believed that, but we have a Maussoleum and forges and lots of shinies to build!

Oh, and I'm sorry luddite... I started building a spear.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

pindicator Wrote:Hahahahahahaha, yeah right. I almost believed that, but we have a Maussoleum and forges and lots of shinies to build!

I love playing SimCity!

I figured this name might be appropriate on a couple levels...

[Image: pbem36-turn064-malice.jpg]

[Image: 200px-Malice_sign.png]

Anyway, last turn we cleared through Sailing on beaker overflow alone, and we were almost able to 1-turned Calendar this turn.

The priest caught me by surprise; I was looking at Impossible HQ and forgot I was running scientists in Venture Compound as well. Duh, I'm running scientists in almost every city. I should look at picking up Caste, should I? Start chaining together some golden ages with Philo + Caste. Oh man, this game is like Seven's playground; I'm just afraid that I'll break the toys.

Mr. Priest is going to be our Buddhist Shrine, so we need to start spreading religion. Where do I fit in Polytheism & Monotheism? Somewhere when I need to be saving up cash; those two techs can be researched with scientists I think.

Or wait. Maybe I nix the shrine and just plant the guy as a Rep powered Super Spec in the capital. Reasons to do this:

1) Better than a 50/50 shot at a priest in 8 turns.
2) I'm planning 4 cities max in the north, giving me 10 total. So at best the shrine will be 10gpt after investing about 200 hammers worth of missionaries to spread it.
3) By comparison a settled GP gets me 2hpt, 5gpt, 3bpt right away.

So that's settled

[SIZE="1"]Get it? settled? i'm a comic genius![/SIZE]
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

lol