As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Dwarf Fortress Succession Game

I had a open air training barracks and it got attacked by vultures which proceded to try and steal every bit of food up there. smile
In Soviet Russia, Civilization Micros You!

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

At least in my turnset we didnt have flying nasties (I checked). I dont know if these things migrate over later though

*poke* wink

does it live?

FUN by sloth I guess. :]

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

*Necro*

Well this died, but with the minecraft posting going on, I was tempted to give this game another whirl.

I think part of the trouble I have right now is keeping track of everything that is going on, hence I was wondering if people feel a no immigrant variant is easy or hard to pull off, and if hard what they feel the minimum number of dwarves you need to have a stable fortress is?

My guess is 20 would give enough to have a dozen on chores with enough spare for a basic military

I've always had a small lingering desire to get into DF, but never really gotten that spark, it just seems too daunting and "Guess what you'll die in 5 minutes."

How did you get into it/what tips would you have?

to be honest i tried to get into it via this sg that stalled. Theory being anything i messed up could be fixed by somebodyy who knew what they were doing.

Read the quick start guide on the wiki and give it a go for a couple of years. Restart and do the beginning a bit better. Come attempt 4 or 5 you should have the basics down and can start really playing

Jkaen Wrote:Read the quick start guide on the wiki and give it a go for a couple of years. Restart and do the beginning a bit better. Come attempt 4 or 5 you should have the basics down and can start really playing

Rinse and repeat for learning about any of the other 100 different things you can do in the game smile IMO that's the fun of it, learning from your mistakes and trying to pick up the pieces when things do go wrong.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

And once you get good enough, you embark on an evil biome, figure out a way to coat your bolts in evil dust, and then one hit kill everything in the game.