As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How should I play this one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Peaceful like a lamb
12.20%
5 12.20%
Gruff but defensive, like a billy goat
9.76%
4 9.76%
Aggressive, like Lambert, the Sheepish Lion post-therapy
19.51%
8 19.51%
A horrific mad hurricane of violent destruction, like a toddler
58.54%
24 58.54%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers] Commodore: Worse than Toku, it's Giggles of Siam!

I think the best we can do right now is chop t29/t30/do nothing t31/t32 finish chop/t33 do nothing with Nell. and move Andy to the Chop and Mine hill t29. Chop t30,31 finish t32. Mine one turn on t33.

Turn 34/35 both workers are roading. T36 they split up and move to the river grass hills. 37, 38, 39 they mine with the C&M hill finishing t 39.
T 40 we finish the other mine and move the other worker to the forest 1N of WVL.

By keeping the corn for the capital until t37 and then stealing it for WVL we can grow WVL at eot 41 and swap to a worker. Chop completes t43 and whip worker #3 t44.

or.....Have WVL start a worker on founding. 5 fh per turn means we can finish the worker eot 43 with the chop without ever working an improved tile....or have some OF from working the corn post t40 when we can swap the cap to both mines . lol

meh. need to do some work on the midrange micro. We can do better than the above I'm certain.

I'm also entertaining the idea of skipping the non shared mine and chopping into either a WB or Worker in the capital. I think this is probably stronger (esp if we whip another worker in the cap)
fnord

For the immediate term:

I think we're stuck with two lost worker turns at this point. frown We can make use of those turns, but we come out behind overall if we do.

So I'm going to go ahead with the aggressive chopping. We wind up working low yield tiles for a turn or two but our overall empire output is higher in spite of that thanks to our 2h expansion city base tile and the commerce yield from the base tile +2 trs.
fnord

Waitaminute. What about...Nell keeps chopping. Chop goes into the warrior, nothing is left to overflow though, and we still optimize getting the settler out.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

hrmm.

I think it works. We'll have 9/15 hammers into the warrior at that point. +21 for chop and base production = 30 h. 15 hammers (the max for a warrior) overflow into the settler and we can use up the two idle turns moving to Chop and Mine and putting an extra turn into the mine.

Not terribly efficient, but we do gain a worker turn this way (and hence an extra +1 hammer and +1 c).

I like. smile
fnord

Wait.

WTF?

Someone has a size 4 cap on t29?

I think I'm glad we have the size 1 cap and the two workers. XD
fnord

(November 21st, 2012, 20:58)Thoth Wrote: hrmm.

I think it works. We'll have 9/15 hammers into the warrior at that point. +21 for chop and base production = 30 h. 15 hammers (the max for a warrior) overflow into the settler and we can use up the two idle turns moving to Chop and Mine and putting an extra turn into the mine.

Not terribly efficient, but we do gain a worker turn this way (and hence an extra +1 hammer and +1 c).

I like. smile

Yeah, actually, wait, maybe I'm missing something, but my calculation was for these next three turns, growing from 1->2
5h->6h
6h-7h
7h->28h (chop comes in)
So then we have 13 overflow, a warrior (which is a plus, maybe try to get Woodie II? hammer), and size 2 plus a mine and the corn farm, which means
31h->53h
53h->62h
62h->71h and then we whipwhipwhip

Well, still lost those worker turns. frown We need the mine online for the warrior thing to save a turn.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0107.JPG]

...but look at what Mr. Scout found next door. smile Blue dot? Saves the need for roading to trade.

I *like* Blue dot. It means we have to move WVL one tile south, but I think that's a worthwhile tradeoff. We still get the 2h city tile with our second city and Wet corn better than Plains Sheep. The city will suck long term, but we can get an early worker/settler out of it plus it can work up to five of LSG's cottages for it. We can also push a reasonably early GSage out of the city for an Academy in our nice Capital.

Quote:Yeah, actually, wait, maybe I'm missing something, but my calculation was for these next three turns, growing from 1->2
5h->6h
6h-7h
t31 7h->28h (chop comes in)
So then we have 13 overflow, a warrior (which is a plus, maybe try to get Woodie II? hammer), and size 2 plus a mine and the corn farm, which means
t32 31h->53h
t33 53h->62h
t34 62h->71h and then we whipwhipwhip on t35

(slightly edited quote)

Two turn delayed whip means two turn delayed second city. That's 4f, 6h and 6b if we're working a Grass Forest in the new city.

The mine can wait. Growth at eot 31 with a whip on 33 means we only work a low yield tile for 1t (which is fine) in the capital and we gain 10h towards worker #3 (which should be our first build in the Corn city).

We'll be able to work 2 Riverside Grass mines in LSG as of t38 plus working the LSG Riverside Corn in Blue Dot. Ideally LSG's t38 hammers go into a workboat, but I'm pretty certain we won't have Fishing until eot 38.

7hpt + 1 chop = two workboats in 6t so we'll have both Crabs netted and worked on t45 with LSG at size 2. Working both Crabs we're at +6 fpt so growth to size 3 eot 48.

Blue dot settled t36--> starts worker. Works a Grass Forest. 5hpt.
t37: worker 5/60
t38: Work Farmed Corn. +8hpt. worker at 10/60.
t39: worker at 18/60
t40: Blue dot border pop at eot. Chop starts. Worker at 26/60
t41: Worker at 34/60
t42: Chop completes. Worker at 42/60. +28 h for chop + production = 60 h at eot.
t43: worker 3 on the board. Blue dot growth to follow. wink

In the meantime, in order to get there:

Worker stuff:

You're not going to like this at first glance. smile

But it works out ok I think.

We complete the current chops as scheduled. On t32 Nell moves 1s to the RGH. T 33 both workers put 1 turn into mines on their respective hills.

T34 both workers move to the tile 1E of LSG and complete a Road. This lets us move the settler an extra tile and allows Blue Dot to be built on t36 rather than t37.

t35 both workers get back on their hills.
t36 mine.
t37 mine.
t38: mines complete in time for LSG to work both of them and pass the Corn to Blue Dot.
XD

(turn 39 we move one worker to the PHF to chop for LSG's WBs and the other to the GF 1N of the Corn to chop into Blue Dot's Worker)
fnord

Whew. Well, that's a bit ugly, but you're right, it sure meets objectives nicely. Granaries in both cities, and then workers, archers, and settlers go ever eastward. I might have a modification post-settler, but let's definitely pursue the blue dot with the above plan now.

Well, then, folks, I'm back post-Thanksgiving, more Commodore-standard reports, dotmaps, and stories are in the pipeline. In the meanwhile, how about a lovely picture of the known world?

Full size:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0111.JPG]