As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

"You have been struck down." - Dwarf Fortress Adventure stories

(December 1st, 2012, 06:02)pling Wrote:
(November 30th, 2012, 17:57)uberfish Wrote: (Pling became our first dwarf with a flashing name due to cutting down lots of trees and becoming Legendary Woodcutter.

hammer Now all I have to do is learn how to burn them and then I can take over the world. Muahahahaha! mischief
Your attributes like strength and agility have probably improved as well. This will make you a good candidate for the military! smile

mh
"You have been struck down!" - Tales of Dwarf Fortress
---
"moby_harmless seeks thee not. It is thou, thou, that madly seekest him!"

Wow, that sprite based viewer makes it so very much easier to follow along! I might have to actually give DF a whirl one of these days smile.

Competent marksdwarf and accomplished tracker, eh? Do I have a bow/crossbow, or was that in my old life, a history that I'm trying to escape, pouring all my efforts into the life-giving profession of cooking?
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(November 30th, 2012, 18:05)mostly_harmless Wrote: Ichabod, have a go. I won't have much playing time over the weekend.
As far as I can see, Uberfish has made an awesome start for the first year!

You want to set your dwarf limit to 25 as well probably. Done in the init_d file in /data or such.

mh

I'm also a bit busy this weekend, but I'll see what I can do.

(December 1st, 2012, 13:34)Mardoc Wrote: Competent marksdwarf and accomplished tracker, eh? Do I have a bow/crossbow, or was that in my old life, a history that I'm trying to escape, pouring all my efforts into the life-giving profession of cooking?

You immigrated as a "farmer" so you wouldn't have had a weapon with you. Presumably, you were a hunter before becoming a farmer. You had basic cookery skills so got the cooking job.

i'll take a lurkerdwarf as well smile ...

Quote: A minor WTF moment:

[Image: h22.jpg]

"I can't fish because there's a fish!" Thanks DF.

nono You might want to bring that up with the union boys next time around.

---

Hope my "competent axedwarf"ness will be of use in the militia.

Aside: Great walkthrough/introduction to fortress mode.

(November 30th, 2012, 17:57)uberfish Wrote: Brian: Master Bone Carver, Master Negotiator, Proficient Marksdwarf

So I probably get the job of negotiating with caravans? Oh, and get me some bones. Carvings make lovely decorations.
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

(December 2nd, 2012, 15:09)Brian Shanahan Wrote: So I probably get the job of negotiating with caravans? Oh, and get me some bones. Carvings make lovely decorations.

You actually collect a bunch of your own bones since you're also a hunter. And then use them to make bolts. Uberfish also has appraiser skill so still has the broker job.

I'd like to be chief medical dwarf if possible ^_^

Edit: nevermind. So I'm the jeweler?

Ok, now that the weekend is over, I have a lot more time for this (which I'll need, since I don't have the slightest idea about what i'm doing). Consider this a got it, if no one has an objection.