As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

"You have been struck down." - Dwarf Fortress Adventure stories

Got it!

mh
"You have been struck down!" - Tales of Dwarf Fortress
---
"moby_harmless seeks thee not. It is thou, thou, that madly seekest him!"

Just to clarify: Ichabod was possessed and started working on something in the mason's workshop. Since she isn't a mason, I believe she hit her finger and went berserk.

(December 7th, 2012, 10:11)Ichabod Wrote: Just to clarify: Ichabod was possessed and started working on something in the mason's workshop. Since she isn't a mason, I believe she hit her finger and went berserk.

Your dwarf didn't see this by any chance:

If so you're bonedtongue
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

(December 7th, 2012, 10:11)Ichabod Wrote: Just to clarify: Ichabod was possessed and started working on something in the mason's workshop. Since she isn't a mason, I believe she hit her finger and went berserk.

Eh, that's a common occurance. Assuming you haven't triggered a real demonic possession (never had one of those, although I assume it's possible).

Dwarves randomly become reclusive or possessed and take over a station. You have to figure out how to provide them the material, usually by checking the details on the shop and seeing what they're scribbling or muttering about. If they get all the material, legendary stuff gets made.

If they don't get access to the material required, they eventually go crazy and try to kill everyone. SEND IN THE TROOPS.

As for signing up, I'm afraid I don't have consistent free time to play (last free time this week was Sunday I think), so I'll have to watch.
MP
Pitboss Demo - Darrell's Tropical Trolls
PBEM45G - Sareln

So, what I gather from this is that I caused my own imminent death by not providing my avatar with the needed supplies? Guess we'll have a lot of orphan cats in the Fort. We should probably butcher them quickly, before they can get a new owner.

Ah, and I forgot to tell in teh report: more immigrants arrived and we are now up to 30+. I think I did something wrong, since the limit of 25 didn't kick in. Sorry about that.

(December 7th, 2012, 14:50)Ichabod Wrote: Ah, and I forgot to tell in teh report: more immigrants arrived and we are now up to 30+. I think I did something wrong, since the limit of 25 didn't kick in. Sorry about that.

Well, the berserker might take care of that! smile

mh
---

(December 7th, 2012, 14:50)Ichabod Wrote: So, what I gather from this is that I caused my own imminent death by not providing my avatar with the needed supplies? Guess we'll have a lot of orphan cats in the Fort. We should probably butcher them quickly, before they can get a new owner.

Ah, and I forgot to tell in teh report: more immigrants arrived and we are now up to 30+. I think I did something wrong, since the limit of 25 didn't kick in. Sorry about that.

Mostly, yeah. But sometimes they want stuff you can't provide, so berserkers become inevitable. And you don't "provide" as much as have them available somewhere for them to get.

I've been told sometimes the best plan is build a wall with a lockable door around said claimed workshop. Then lock the door when they go crazy. And have them starve.
MP
PBEM45G - Sareln

They do not always go berserk, though. Sometimes they only become melancholic, aimlessly wandering around, eventually starving.

mh
---

I just send in the militia. Although then they get sad about killing their friend.

TOUGH IT OUT I say. I have no pity for jerks asking for gems when I've barely scratched the first rock layers.
MP
PBEM45G - Sareln

Diary of Ichabod McDorf, Miner

day 1

A new fort! How exciting! I'll dig us out a temporary burrow. Living next to all this soil is uncomfortable but I'm sure I'll be digging into stone soon

day 15

Out of mining to do. I don't understand why I can't dig just because there's water in the rock.

day 175

This is really boring now, I've started talking to my cats

day 187

We're digging through this "aquifer" thing. this means I get to swing my pick at sand once a month and then watch everyone else take the rest of the month to put up the retaining wall.

day 322

Thank Armok we hit solid rock and I can mine again! I'm so happy!

day 385

What do you mean I'm in charge of the fort now? All I wanted to do was dig.

day 386

HELP THIS IS COMPLICATED HOW DO I TELL PEOPLE TO MAKE FURNITURE AND I CAN'T FIND ANYTHING IN THIS DAMN FORTRESS

day 430

Kylearan made an artifact... door? At least it isn't decorated with images of dragons eating people like his statues.

day 511

Ooh! A cavern! With shiny things!

day 563

Inspired by the discovery of the cavern and needing to show Kylearan what proper craftdwarfship is I will make an artifact too! I will write my last will and testament in case I don't survive the process. My cats should follow me to the afterlife.

day 570

Damn it why can't I find anything in this stupid fortress?

day 590

DAMN IT WHY CAN'T I FIND ANYTHING IN THIS STUPID FORTRESS?

day 610

WHY ARE YOU USELESS DWARVES NOT BRINGING ME WHAT I NEED? YOU MUST BE TRAITORS! MY PICK WILL CLEAVE YOUR SKULLS FOR ARMOK!