As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How should I play this one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Peaceful like a lamb
12.20%
5 12.20%
Gruff but defensive, like a billy goat
9.76%
4 9.76%
Aggressive, like Lambert, the Sheepish Lion post-therapy
19.51%
8 19.51%
A horrific mad hurricane of violent destruction, like a toddler
58.54%
24 58.54%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers] Commodore: Worse than Toku, it's Giggles of Siam!

(December 11th, 2012, 15:17)Thoth Wrote: That is looking beautiful Commodore. party

Sorry I haven't had much time to look in lately. smile

I'm going to blame Ellimist on that one, right? I mean Mardoc always said he signed up to be carried.

(December 11th, 2012, 15:18)Thoth Wrote: But we do need to chop out archers in both new cities ASAP. lol

Agreed. Pro archer->Pro wall->AXE is probably the build order in each.

(December 11th, 2012, 12:11)SadGit Wrote: How long before you have copper online in case your pink dot angers the locals?
(December 11th, 2012, 20:04)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Wow.
Does Pink Dot grab the copper?

Yeeah. About that:
[Image: PinkDots.JPG]

So right now, assuming we can pre-road to the copper (not that there won't be Zulu warriors at least in the area making that hard), that's three turns for two workers to mine that sucker (given tundra). So turn 73 copper online? And sure as hell need an axe swarm boiling out t74. This is all assuming that the whipped settler they just tossed out (I think it was a settler whip) doesn't go south. But if it goes north, that means they see either copper or horse up that way. So we'll see.

I'm increasingly nervous about all of this. If they get even like a pair of impi online, that's game over for this plan. Not that non-Agg impi are killing hill cities with Pro archers, really even axes or chariots will have issues. No, mostly its that archers and chariots can't do crap against impi pillagers.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

So why are you going for this plan? smile Oh yes, because its fun!?!

In the words of some of our local politicians: "It's the right thing to do". Also, like a politican you must listen to your 17 constitutents who voted you into a violent course of action.

(December 12th, 2012, 10:46)MindyMcCready Wrote: So why are you going for this plan? smile Oh yes, because its fun!?!

In the words of some of our local politicians: "It's the right thing to do". Also, like a politican you must listen to your 17 constitutents who voted you into a violent course of action.

Vox populi, vox dei. bang Daggum populi.

(December 12th, 2012, 10:46)MindyMcCready Wrote: So why are you going for this plan? smile

It seemed like the right idea at the time. wink

If they've just whipped a settler, we might be in for some pain.

frown

On the plus side, if they do beat us to one or both of our spots, we'll have the road link to the Mammoths and workers on hand to help the new city. :silverlining:

But overall, I'd rather we double Pink Dotted them. smile
fnord

(December 12th, 2012, 10:21)Commodore Wrote: I'm going to blame Ellimist on that one, right? I mean Mardoc always said he signed up to be carried.

lol Unfortunately, as the Org/Opp member of the team.....it's my own damned fault. So I have no excuses. frown

Quote:So right now, assuming we can pre-road to the copper (not that there won't be Zulu warriors at least in the area making that hard), that's three turns for two workers to mine that sucker (given tundra). So turn 73 copper online? And sure as hell need an axe swarm boiling out t74. This is all assuming that the whipped settler they just tossed out (I think it was a settler whip) doesn't go south. But if it goes north, that means they see either copper or horse up that way. So we'll see.

I'm increasingly nervous about all of this. If they get even like a pair of impi online, that's game over for this plan. Not that non-Agg impi are killing hill cities with Pro archers, really even axes or chariots will have issues. No, mostly its that archers and chariots can't do crap against impi pillagers.

On the plus side:

The defensive hill site that grabs the copper for them has copper second ring. So they'll most likely plant flatland.

And if they settle down there, we'll have a hill city in their face and a chariot on hand. (can we whip the capital *shudder* to speed up the second settler? And get a chariot with max hammers + overflow the next turn?)
fnord

Is there a second copper?
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

(December 14th, 2012, 03:36)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Is there a second copper?

We'll see. Scooter just founded a third city, so next turn we'll see if its in the copper spot we know about:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0271.JPG]

If it isn't, I'll bet money there is either horse or copper north of them. Sailing would let us see immediately (trade screen), but then we'd also be walking around saying "we don't have copper" too.

(December 14th, 2012, 13:04)Commodore Wrote: If it isn't, I'll bet money there is either horse or copper north of them. Sailing would let us see immediately (trade screen), but then we'd also be walking around saying "we don't have copper" too.

I think we want sailing RSN regardless. Some IC trade routes would go a long way towards offsetting our upcoming maintenance spike (I don't have a good feel for Large, Monarch map costs but I'm eyeballing somewhere around 9-10 gpt for our Pink Dot pair). We'll want the Mammoth happy ASAP so we can grow up LSG and TM into some more beautiful tiles, so that's another 5ish gpt in city maint. Offshore trs + Whale happy working riverside cotts pays for that and more. smile

(Verdant Acres would make a good early GP farm. Solid food and only a few good tiles to work. ).

BTW: Have they managed to net more than one Seafood?

(I'm solidly convinced they'd have been better off going Mining/Bronze/Fishing and worker first to get that 6f Pig online asap. Plus chopped second worker and wbs. )
fnord

They've managed to net all three clams, actually, and their city went north, which means I'm pretty much 82% sure they have horse or copper up there. Cold feeeet...

Also, this:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0274.JPG]

We're off to a rocket, rocket start right now. Nothing I've done yet is final/final, although Rubicon is in a couple more turns. We need to at least look at what kind of time frame we could manage to get Ballistae Mammoths in, horse archers would ensure reasonable safety if we went that route and we're teching at an awesome clip. A couple turns ago:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0273.JPG]

Construction is right after maths...

Do Elephants require HBR?
Kalin