As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

"You have been struck down." - Dwarf Fortress Adventure stories

(December 28th, 2012, 13:15)mostly_harmless Wrote: If lurkers are interested, I can give a little portrait and overview of their dwarves here. Just post the request.

Me! I want to hear what HidingKneel the dwarf is up to.

Cyneheard, already a legendary carpenter, withdrew from society to secretly work on a piece of exceptional art:
[Image: cyneheardartefact.png]

An artefact about an artefact! smile

mh
"You have been struck down!" - Tales of Dwarf Fortress
---
"moby_harmless seeks thee not. It is thou, thou, that madly seekest him!"

(December 28th, 2012, 14:04)HidingKneel Wrote:
(December 28th, 2012, 13:15)mostly_harmless Wrote: If lurkers are interested, I can give a little portrait and overview of their dwarves here. Just post the request.

Me! I want to hear what HidingKneel the dwarf is up to.

HidingKneel:
[Image: hidingkneelcopy.png]

A legendary stonecrafter. Has greatly contributed to the wealth of the fortress by producing stone crafts and trade goods, mostly under the rule of overseers Uberfish and Ichabod. Under Mostly_harmless reassigned to also craft bone goods and produce bone training bolts.
HidingKneel was the creator of one artefact, "The Curiosity of Incineration" an microcline scepter.
She came to the fort early on (3rd wave).
Furthermore related to Mardoc (uncle), Enoch (cousin) and Pindicator (cousin).
Most notably, married to Bigger, which is missing for long long time and thought to have died in a magma breaching accident.
Not assigned to any squads. Owns one of the large bedrooms.
Three kills to her name, but all in her youth.

mh
---

(December 28th, 2012, 10:57)NobleHelium Wrote: You were fired from being head of the militia.

Thanking you.

(December 28th, 2012, 13:15)mostly_harmless Wrote: Bringing her kids to any fights is not really an issue it seems, Brian is quite old and her husband is not with the fortress at the moment. She is quite good with the crossbow.

I am not old. A lady never grows older than 21!

Also, please give me a detailed report of myself. My memory is not as good as when I was only 21 for a short while
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

Do dwarves remarry if their spouses die?

(December 28th, 2012, 14:44)NobleHelium Wrote: Do dwarves remarry if their spouses die?
No idea. Doubt it. Might come with the next release, when birth, death and succession is actually also happening "outside" the actual game map.

mh
---

Pfft! I wanted to spice up the training of the axedwarf squad by having them go out and actually kill wildlife.
There was a Giant Snail on the map and I ordered the squad to kill it. Turns out that being in full bronze armor the Snail managed to outrun the squad for several days and then just got bored and left the map.

Will have to check whether I can track agility and strength of the dwarves as well. They should in theory level up those stats like the adventurers, becoming faster and stronger by running around the map.

Lets see if the mothmen are easier to catch!

mh
---

(December 27th, 2012, 18:21)mostly_harmless Wrote: Antisocialmunky, Brackard, Lewwyn, Merovech, Molach, Thoth and Zakalwe have followed the orders (7 out of the 10 dwarves in the squad.)

a) Any reason the last 3 didn't engage? Other duties, crowded, or just lazy/unhappy/rebellious?
b) Did you fire those 3/consider letting the next round of training be against them, by any chance?

And I'd be interested to see how Molach is coming along.
I've picked up that I'm male, in militia, and a mason, so that should be more than enough to make me a happy dwarf, as there seems to be enough food & drink thanks to a well-run fortress.

Outrun by a snail. lol

(December 28th, 2012, 15:27)Molach Wrote:
(December 27th, 2012, 18:21)mostly_harmless Wrote: Antisocialmunky, Brackard, Lewwyn, Merovech, Molach, Thoth and Zakalwe have followed the orders (7 out of the 10 dwarves in the squad.)

a) Any reason the last 3 didn't engage? Other duties, crowded, or just lazy/unhappy/rebellious?
b) Did you fire those 3/consider letting the next round of training be against them, by any chance?
I have set up the schedule for this squad to only have 7 out of 10 assigned to any duty (i.e. training or burrow defense). This allows the other three to do other stuff, like sleeping, socializing, etc. The three positions on leave are rotated around. So that only 7 showed up was fine.

(December 28th, 2012, 15:27)Molach Wrote: And I'd be interested to see how Molach is coming along.
I've picked up that I'm male, in militia, and a mason, so that should be more than enough to make me a happy dwarf, as there seems to be enough food & drink thanks to a well-run fortress.

Molach:
[Image: molach.png]

Also deeply embedded in a wide spread family tree.
Ichabod II. and FireandIce are his uncles. Amelia his nephew, Brackard, Dazedroyalty and Bigger his cousins.

He is our second best mason after Kylearan and also helps out at the butchers job and as a milker.
Member of the axedwarves squad, he is actually more at home with a mace, but slowly learns how to handle an axe. He is admired for his strength.

Molach is one of the early members of the fortress, arriving in the summer of 135 with the 2nd wave shortly after Shaftwinds was founded.

Molach and Helium own one of the big premium bedrooms.

mh
---