As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Augustus of Arabia: Alliteration Isn't Always Amazing (ad hoc and Merovech)

Hippo hollow has been settled smile Archer & Spear should be enough to deal with those Barb warriors and we'll build/chop an axe straight off for added protection

[Image: hh0000_zpsc2d99b16.jpg]

RANT TIME

Well Plako didn't accept our latest ceasefire offering. it appears that he's happy to keep the"false" war going, no attacks for over 10 turns . I don't even know if there is WW in a multiplayer game but it does seem that indeterminate war has no downsides..... Except if you are playing second of course! where it does have an effect in real life.

There have been may times where the turn has rolled but i've not been able to play because i've got to wait for Plako this then means i've got to arrange my real life so i don't miss the turn. This is now becoming a real pain to do. i think from now on i'm going to have to control the game clock and unfortunately this does mean stretching the clock and using the whole 24 hours and playing in the last hour every turn. This way i'm only controlled by when the turn rolls (which i'm going to be deciding) rather than when the game rolls and Plako plays

RANT OVER

In game the barb warrior attacked the archer and lost and the injured barb warrior moved adjacent to HH.

AA was mm'ed to produce a great person in 4 turns which i'm almost certain to burn on a GA to whizz through Construction at get catapults.

Plako's galley has moved towards BB but the city has four archers in so is safe from direct attack and there will be two galleys ready to intercept the galley if it tries to move further

I might lose power tomorrow. Huge storm coming.
Merovech's Mapmaking Guidelines:
0. Player Requests: The player's requests take precedence, even if they contradict the following guidelines.

1. Balance: The map must be balanced, both in regards to land quality and availability and in regards to special civilization features. A map may be wonderfully unique and surprising, but, if it is unbalanced, the game will suffer and the player's enjoyment will not be as high as it could be.

2. Identity and Enjoyment: The map should be interesting to play at all levels, from city placement and management to the border-created interactions between civilizations, and should include varied terrain. Flavor should enhance the inherent pleasure resulting from the underlying tile arrangements. The map should not be exceedingly lush, but it is better to err on the lush side than on the poor side when placing terrain.

3. Feel (Avoiding Gimmicks): The map should not be overwhelmed or dominated by the mapmaker's flavor. Embellishment of the map through the use of special improvements, barbarian units, and abnormal terrain can enhance the identity and enjoyment of the map, but should take a backseat to the more normal aspects of the map. The game should usually not revolve around the flavor, but merely be accented by it.

4. Realism: Where possible, the terrain of the map should be realistic. Jungles on desert tiles, or even next to desert tiles, should therefore have a very specific reason for existing. Rivers should run downhill or across level ground into bodies of water. Irrigated terrain should have a higher grassland to plains ratio than dry terrain. Mountain chains should cast rain shadows. Islands, mountains, and peninsulas should follow logical plate tectonics.

Good luck from the west coast, Mero. That storm looks like a doozy.

(February 7th, 2013, 23:00)Ceiliazul Wrote: Good luck from the west coast, Mero. That storm looks like a doozy.

Thanks, Ceiliazul.
0. Player Requests: The player's requests take precedence, even if they contradict the following guidelines.

1. Balance: The map must be balanced, both in regards to land quality and availability and in regards to special civilization features. A map may be wonderfully unique and surprising, but, if it is unbalanced, the game will suffer and the player's enjoyment will not be as high as it could be.

2. Identity and Enjoyment: The map should be interesting to play at all levels, from city placement and management to the border-created interactions between civilizations, and should include varied terrain. Flavor should enhance the inherent pleasure resulting from the underlying tile arrangements. The map should not be exceedingly lush, but it is better to err on the lush side than on the poor side when placing terrain.

3. Feel (Avoiding Gimmicks): The map should not be overwhelmed or dominated by the mapmaker's flavor. Embellishment of the map through the use of special improvements, barbarian units, and abnormal terrain can enhance the identity and enjoyment of the map, but should take a backseat to the more normal aspects of the map. The game should usually not revolve around the flavor, but merely be accented by it.

4. Realism: Where possible, the terrain of the map should be realistic. Jungles on desert tiles, or even next to desert tiles, should therefore have a very specific reason for existing. Rivers should run downhill or across level ground into bodies of water. Irrigated terrain should have a higher grassland to plains ratio than dry terrain. Mountain chains should cast rain shadows. Islands, mountains, and peninsulas should follow logical plate tectonics.

Haven't posted much because quite frankly all i'm doing is pushing buttons.

Plako has refuised peace again and i'm seriously considering double moving him, i know its not "honourable" but i think a cold war for over twenty turns with no offensive action for the sole purpose of controling the game clock is also not honourable.

[Image: w0000_zps90d51e9a.jpg]

[Image: x0000_zps77bafe5c.jpg]

[Image: y0000_zps1bd7b385.jpg]

So, uh...how's the game going?

Can u give us a update on how the game is going? Its been like 2 months since the last update
http://nijidraws.tumblr.com/ - Crediting the artist who made my profile pic.

Arabia is being eliminated by Plako, that's how the game is going rolleye A global lurker, I feel comfortable posting it here since it's completely clear that Arabia has no chance by that point.

Still though, I enjoy reading about what is on Ad Hoc's mind while he plays through the game. Also, I would like to see if there is anything I could possibly help on him, since his position is not too good.
http://nijidraws.tumblr.com/ - Crediting the artist who made my profile pic.