As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

New FFH/EITB PBEM?

Got the save now. Hopefully I'll be able to get through it quickly.
Edit: have to reinstall EitB since I'm getting an error.

Okay, save sent.

If you guys want me to fix the treasure chests, I am pretty sure that I can, but it would require restarting from a new save. I don't think that it is a necessary part of the flavor, if anyone is worried about that. Your guys' choice.
Merovech's Mapmaking Guidelines:
0. Player Requests: The player's requests take precedence, even if they contradict the following guidelines.

1. Balance: The map must be balanced, both in regards to land quality and availability and in regards to special civilization features. A map may be wonderfully unique and surprising, but, if it is unbalanced, the game will suffer and the player's enjoyment will not be as high as it could be.

2. Identity and Enjoyment: The map should be interesting to play at all levels, from city placement and management to the border-created interactions between civilizations, and should include varied terrain. Flavor should enhance the inherent pleasure resulting from the underlying tile arrangements. The map should not be exceedingly lush, but it is better to err on the lush side than on the poor side when placing terrain.

3. Feel (Avoiding Gimmicks): The map should not be overwhelmed or dominated by the mapmaker's flavor. Embellishment of the map through the use of special improvements, barbarian units, and abnormal terrain can enhance the identity and enjoyment of the map, but should take a backseat to the more normal aspects of the map. The game should usually not revolve around the flavor, but merely be accented by it.

4. Realism: Where possible, the terrain of the map should be realistic. Jungles on desert tiles, or even next to desert tiles, should therefore have a very specific reason for existing. Rivers should run downhill or across level ground into bodies of water. Irrigated terrain should have a higher grassland to plains ratio than dry terrain. Mountain chains should cast rain shadows. Islands, mountains, and peninsulas should follow logical plate tectonics.

(February 9th, 2013, 00:22)Merovech Wrote: If you guys want me to fix the treasure chests, I am pretty sure that I can, but it would require restarting from a new save. I don't think that it is a necessary part of the flavor, if anyone is worried about that. Your guys' choice.

It's fine with me either way. I didn't really expect them to be all that relevant anyway.
Active in:
FFH-20: Jonas Endain of the Clan of Embers
EITB Pitboss 1: Clan/Elohim/Calabim with Mardoc and Thoth

Also, the email forwarding setup for the tracker is done. The tracker website data has also been sent to Mist, so that should be available for us soon.

As of now, everyone can start sending the saves to the tracker email, and they should be forwarded properly to the next person in line.
Active in:

Rather not start over just for a treasure chest. Although if you could document in the map thread what caused it, maybe send Sareln a PM if relevant, that would be lovely.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Latest turn sent to Selrahc via the tracker. Let me know if it doesn't get through.

And I'll second Mardoc, let's not restart. mischief

Does someone have the save right now? The last save I got was on the 13th.

Selrahc has it.

I haven't gotten a response yet about a website for the tracker. Who else typically hosts them?
Active in:

No, I have the save. Selrahc must have sent it direct rather than through the tracker. Will be playing shortly.

You might ask Sian if he'd host. He did the tracker for the Planetfall game I was in.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Got an email from the tracker with no save attached.