As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Churchill of Portugal: Gallipoli Part II

Check civstats. I have the Parkin award (most time in game) sewn up I'm sure. What can I say, I was indecisive this turn and I don't have a spreadsheet with things planned out, so I play most of my turns slowly in general. And I'm glad you don't mind it the whipping business, but some might object and criticize. I'll leave it at that because anything else I add on that subject won't be nice.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

No dishonour in spite whipping. It's well within the spirit of hurting thy enemy and as such, rather commendable. Essentially you're advance whipping Brick's future population.

If it makes you feel better, imagine all the men of that city taking up arms to protect god, country and family,...just don't picture them getting slaughtered needlessly. Every successful dictator has adopted this mentality.

I'm not an enlightened despot, I'll spend every population point if I think I can hold my empire one turn longer. These serfs' lives only exist to be spent in the service of the state.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(February 21st, 2013, 07:16)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: Check civstats. I have the Parkin award (most time in game) sewn up I'm sure. What can I say, I was indecisive this turn and I don't have a spreadsheet with things planned out, so I play most of my turns slowly in general. And I'm glad you don't mind it the whipping business, but some might object and criticize. I'll leave it at that because anything else I add on that subject won't be nice.

In the face of that force, I would probably have whipped each city down to size 1 by whipping, swapping production to something else, whipping again, and again, until I had a spear in each that would actually complete and be ready to fight. If he takes the city and you get it back later, oh well, but more likely, he keeps the cities long enough to be able to whip some population. You don't want that to happen, so whip

This is the scorched earth philosophy, no?

Just posted this elsewhere on the forum. Power increase values for buildings:

Barracks = 3k
Stables = 2k

I don't know if RB Mod changes either of these values. I would assume not. One of each would account for the high promos. Or, since Brick is aggressive (he is, right?), he'd just need the barracks to get to shock.

Yeah, I had the building values and it wasn't a mechanical question of how to push the whip button, swap builds, and push it again. I know how to spite whip, I just wasn't doing it even though there is advantage to it. It's the same reason we avoid double moving, because it's gamey as hell. For that matter I could have whipped the cities right after the turn roll but I didn't do it. It's probably not like Brick inheriting a few more pop is going to finish me off. And if it does who cares, if it's that close I'm dead anyway. Just kill me already.

But it is interesting that the only feedback I've gotten on this point is that I should have done the opposite of what I did and whipped the cities down. If I had done that I'm sure to have received a chorus of feedback saying YOU HAVE NO HONOR!

Gonna play the turn now. Civstats says I lost the two cities when Brick logged in last night. Let's see if I'll lose a third.

As far as I know, RB Mod did not change the power values for those buildings. I had requested that the next version change power of say, Praetorians from 8K to 7K (to account for their now 7 str) but I don't know if that happened either.

But AGG doesn't give C1 to mounted units so that wouldn't be it

(February 21st, 2013, 21:10)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: Yeah, I had the building values and it wasn't a mechanical question of how to push the whip button, swap builds, and push it again. I know how to spite whip, I just wasn't doing it even though there is advantage to it. It's the same reason we avoid double moving, because it's gamey as hell. For that matter I could have whipped the cities right after the turn roll but I didn't do it. It's probably not like Brick inheriting a few more pop is going to finish me off. And if it does who cares, if it's that close I'm dead anyway. Just kill me already.

But it is interesting that the only feedback I've gotten on this point is that I should have done the opposite of what I did and whipped the cities down. If I had done that I'm sure to have received a chorus of feedback saying YOU HAVE NO HONOR!

Gonna play the turn now. Civstats says I lost the two cities when Brick logged in last night. Let's see if I'll lose a third.

[Image: There%20is%20no%20honor.jpg]

(February 22nd, 2013, 09:46)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: [Image: There%20is%20no%20honor.jpg]

lol

Where were the meme posts when things were going OK? Haters, the lot of you!